Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
So based on the last update, I'm less convinced about Mutant Crawl Classics. DCC broke pretty well away from D&D and managed to be only minimally groggy, as far as its rules went, so I don't understand why MCC is evidently hewing so close to DCC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Kaza42 posted:

Isn't a feet-apart stance pretty common for all actiony poses, not just cheesecake ones? I'm pretty sure most of the male minis I have also have their legs spread apart like that (although I do not own anything zombicide) just because it looks more stable.

Fake Edit: Yeah, I checked. Other than "Kneeling With Rifle", the vast majority of my miniatures have that same leg stance going on

It's almost like legs spread with knees slightly bent is how you're supposed to fire guns and swing swords.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

dwarf74 posted:

So based on the last update, I'm less convinced about Mutant Crawl Classics. DCC broke pretty well away from D&D and managed to be only minimally groggy, as far as its rules went, so I don't understand why MCC is evidently hewing so close to DCC.

Most likely, it's to retain their demographic. People like DCC which means it's less risky to make MCC like DCC, is most likely the logic.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I'm kind of worried about Tanto. The idea is that they won't do a printing of a language if it doesn't get close to 250 backers.

So far they have 17 Italian backers, 11 German backers, 18, Spanish backers, and 63 French backers. And there's only ten days left. They have more than their goal moneywise with just English backers, but it looks like this might just be funding another print run of Tanto Cuore in English.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

are people serious about this

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

alg posted:

Four of those, obviously four different countries, would be perfect for table mats when the in-laws came to visit.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

alg posted:

If I, an Italian person, were to see this in the home of somebody I know, I would probably consider burning the place down. I wouldn't do it, because I am a rational person that doesn't act on every emotive impulse I get, but the thought would cross my mind.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I bet it's not actually made in Italy.

BrainParasite
Jan 24, 2003

Where is her other leg?

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

paradoxGentleman posted:

If I, an Italian person, were to see this in the home of somebody I know, I would probably consider burning the place down. I wouldn't do it, because I am a rational person that doesn't act on every emotive impulse I get, but the thought would cross my mind.

They're holding a vote to determine the next playmats they offer, and Norway is winning by a huge margin

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

boom boom boom posted:

They're holding a vote to determine the next playmats they offer, and Norway is winning by a huge margin

hubba hubba i sure want to interact with other people with that thing gurning at me from the table

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

boom boom boom posted:

No skyrim helmet 2/10

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
This cosmic Planetarium game looks fantastic, but it's a Game Salute project. :( I backed it, but I've already said I've little sense. There's still a chance something else that looks so cool and isn't published by a company that's burned lots of people comes by and then I'll jump ship.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

Covok posted:

Most likely, it's to retain their demographic. People like DCC which means it's less risky to make MCC like DCC, is most likely the logic.

This is all I can think of when I read a Goodman Games advert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGT4-31irXg

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

BrainParasite posted:

Where is her other leg?

She's not kneeling. She's standing like a flamingo would.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

hubba hubba i sure want to interact with other people with that thing gurning at me from the table

Canada is in second place, so they'll probably do that too, if you'd prefer

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

boom boom boom posted:

7/10 no maple syrup

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

keep yr head up, problem girl

Ropes4u posted:

7/10 no maple syrup

You're supposed to supply your own.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Gutter Owl posted:

You're supposed to supply your own.

Tap that wood

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

boom boom boom posted:

Canadian maids serve alcohol while skiing & freezing to death? They're pretty badass.

Serf
May 5, 2011

New thread title is on point.

To contribute: I picked up my Fate More KS books. Both Young Centurions and Majestic 12 are beautiful books. Quality stuff, and delivered a lot sooner than I expected.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Serf posted:

New thread title is on point.

To contribute: I picked up my Fate More KS books. Both Young Centurions and Majestic 12 are beautiful books. Quality stuff, and delivered a lot sooner than I expected.

What's Majestic 12?

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.

Helical Nightmares posted:

What's Majestic 12?

Sourcebook for Atomic Robo for doing Top Men making Top decisions about Tesla tech.

inklesspen
Oct 17, 2007

Here I am coming, with the good news of me, and you hate it. You can think only of the bell and how much I have it, and you are never the goose. I will run around with my bell as much as I want and you will make despair.
Buglord
Mash up Majestic 12 with the Laundry's Black Chamber for maximum patriotism.

inklesspen fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Jun 28, 2016

Desiden
Mar 13, 2016

Mindless self indulgence is SRS BIZNS
In positive news, got the final pdf and at-cost printing codes for Godbound today. So, 3 months ahead of the predicted Sept 2016 delivery date.

In other news, Far West was totally for really real going to come out at the end of May, revised almost immediately to early June.

WiiFitForWindows8
Oct 14, 2013
Cross-line compatability, ease of play, etc.

Earlier playtests according to the updates had MCC be very different but it didnt hold up in playtesting. So..

atholbrose
Feb 28, 2001

Splish!

I don't think I'll ever get tired of reading people's muddled confusion in response to Burning Wheel Codex updates.

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

Godbound Kickstarter: "Why should you trust me? Well, I am extremely good at kickstarters."
Me: "Pssh, that's pretty presumptuous, but it does look like he has a good track record."
Godbound Kickstarter: *delivers regular updates including reader feedback, becomes art-complete, has free small supplement, and an index, delivers months early*
Me: :aaa:

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

bewilderment posted:

Godbound Kickstarter: "Why should you trust me? Well, I am extremely good at kickstarters."
Me: "Pssh, that's pretty presumptuous, but it does look like he has a good track record."
Godbound Kickstarter: *delivers regular updates including reader feedback, becomes art-complete, has free small supplement, and an index, delivers months early*
Me: :aaa:

Yeah, Kevin Crawford's stuff is unfortunately a bit samey in the way that OSR stuff tends to be after a while but he's probably one of the most reliable and professional publishers working today.

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways

Kai Tave posted:

Yeah, Kevin Crawford's stuff is unfortunately a bit samey in the way that OSR stuff tends to be after a while but he's probably one of the most reliable and professional publishers working today.

I would say without a doubt that he is the single best one person operation in RPGs and better then many small publishers in terms of output.

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

Days of ire: Budapest 1956 is in the last 36 hours. I can't decide if I would get this game to the table.

Saguaro PI
Mar 11, 2013

Totally legit tree

Ropes4u posted:

Days of ire: Budapest 1956 is in the last 36 hours. I can't decide if I would get this game to the table.

Holy poo poo, someone's made a game about this?

So, my grandmother's first husband was this guy. Definitely risking this.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Ropes4u posted:

I know the designer of this game, he's a good guy. I'm not in love with his games but he's a Vlaada-lover and seems to understand how to design stuff, so I would recommend him.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/battlefieldpress/ninja-high-school-the-anime-and-manga-role-playing

I don't know which is funnier: the fact that they're doing a Ninja High School RPG or the fact that they're using the d6 system.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
As someone who isn't familiar with random lovely anime things, how popular is Ninja High School? Is it any good? Has anyone ever actually heard about it? Or is this like Ken Penders writing an RPG?

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

I was pretty sure that game came out in the 80s and was called Teenagers From Outer Space.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Arivia posted:

As someone who isn't familiar with random lovely anime things, how popular is Ninja High School? Is it any good? Has anyone ever actually heard about it? Or is this like Ken Penders writing an RPG?

Ninja High School isn't anime, It's some American's anime parody. It's published by Antarctic Press, which I think has an exclusive distribution deal with used book stores and church garage sales.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Arivia posted:

I don't know if it's any good but it's been an indie comic for years and years.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Arivia posted:

It was a pretty major thing 30 years ago when it first came out and anime wasn't anywhere near as prevalent as it is nowadays (we called it "Japanimation" and you either had to get bootlegs or pay $50 for a VHS tape at Suncoast Video).

I am legitimately amazed that it's apparently still going.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

boom boom boom posted:

Ninja High School isn't anime, It's some American's anime parody. It's published by Antarctic Press, which I think has an exclusive distribution deal with used book stores and church garage sales.

it's still anime if it's written by Americans. Same universal degree of poo poo.

@Kwyndig: The weird thing is I do not remember hearing about it at all when I was looking at indie comics.