Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Yeah whenever I play against Rashid it feels like he is just beating the living poo poo out of me for like 10-20 seconds in a row and I look at my health and still have like a third of my bar (as Karin)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Kilometers Davis posted:

Earlier I decided that since I'm a casual idiot and am way off from having stuff like 2.738494 megahoots of input lag actually affect me I cleaned my brain in regards to this, reinstalled on the PS4 and I actually had a lot of fun now that I don't let the internets opinions trickle into my enjoyment and convince me that this is an unplayable game. I wrapped up the stories which were silly fun and spent a bunch of time getting better with the trials. Games are fun I apologize to myself for giving in to negativity when I genuinely like something.

lol you suck

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Goetta posted:

Yeah whenever I play against Rashid it feels like he is just beating the living poo poo out of me for like 10-20 seconds in a row and I look at my health and still have like a third of my bar (as Karin)

This was my experience as a Karin v Rashid, also, but as a scrub-tier Bronze/Super-Bronze permanent resident, all the Rashids I saw had like giant obvious openings when they tried to do goofy poo poo like flying-kick from the clear other end of the screen. Occasionally I'd get caught in the beat down, and then be like "oh that wasn't too bad"

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Story mode is up for dl right now. Don't know if its a preload or actually playable yet though.

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011

Evil Canadian posted:

Story mode is up for dl right now. Don't know if its a preload or actually playable yet though.

On what platform? SFV hasn't started updating on steam for me yet.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

on psn there is no update or dlc item for the game that i can find through the console. did you see it on the web store?

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

croutonZA posted:

PS4 only so far, it seems.

EDIT: And just a pre-load, not playable.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

croutonZA posted:

PS4 only right now. I just finished dling it looks like it is just a pre-load can't access it at the moment. Runs in at about 8 gigs.

Real hurthling! posted:

on psn there is no update or dlc item for the game that i can find through the console. did you see it on the web store?

I originally got it on the web store but you should be able to access it now by going to addons on the ps4 shop.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i found it in the web store and not on console. capcom did the same thing with RE7 demo. could they have forgotten how to add things to the console store? anything is possible

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011

bhsman posted:

PS4 only so far, it seems.

EDIT: And just a pre-load, not playable.

Oh okay. Hmm, kinda weird that the story mode comes as an optional addon and not a patch. To save tournament setups from having to download unnecessary data I guess?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

croutonZA posted:

Oh okay. Hmm, kinda weird that the story mode comes as an optional addon and not a patch. To save tournament setups from having to download unnecessary data I guess?

its like 9 GB's so maybe sony looked at the 2ish million copies of the game sold vs the much smaller number of people that actual still play and then told them it would be a waste to push that much data automatically

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011

Real hurthling! posted:

its like 9 GB's so maybe sony looked at the 2ish million copies of the game sold vs the much smaller number of people that actual still play and then told them it would be a waste to push that much data automatically

While I'm usually one who's more than happy to take a jab at Capcom for the game's mediocre sales, I don't think that's it. It's probably just to keep the mandatory patch size to a minimum. Same thing happened with MGSV's multiplayer mode coming as an addon on PS4.

Stuff like that helps over here where bandwidth caps are common. I have friends who have to check patch sizes of games before they buy them.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
Rashid has poo poo damage and a lot of his stuff is gimmicks. And not gimmicks that made people salty like fuerte but like, "Lol I jumped above your head near the wall on wake up, guess which mix up I'm doing, Yup, THAT one"

His damage even including supers and vtrigger are laughable. Bison can hit what rashid can do optimally off like what, 1 ex bar and v trigger? Maybe 2 bars?

The idea of him getting better with the tornado on screen is cool

Whats not cool is that it's better for the opponent if they block then if they move away from it, Hell, even getting hit by it does meager damage and has odd timing for follow ups.
is fireball gives his moves the same properties but only ex and I think HK can even make use of that ability.

It's like someone took everything cool about hakans oil, but made it his ultra. (and even that is a weird comparison because hakan could definitely hit harder)

He's felt unfinished to me since the beta and capcom's trials for him left me even more disappointed. I really wanted to like and use him.

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants
What's up with people who have "auto" turned on there "okay" button? Every once in a while, I'll get a casual match with someone who repeatedly does light kick and clearly isn't present.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

What the hell is this Capcom what are you doing

"Clumsy Cutie?"
"Fighting President?"

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2016/06/30/capcom-shows-off-rejected-street-fighter-5-characters/

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Boy that early Laura sketch is rough, and the sadder thing is that final Laura looks almost the same just with no muscles and bigger boobs

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Clumsy Cutie ("when this cutie starts fighting, her clothes start becoming more tattered due to her clumsiness")

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Saint Freak posted:

Clumsy Cutie ("when this cutie starts fighting, her clothes start becoming more tattered due to her clumsiness")

Seems that Capcom is interested in making an Ikki Tousen fighting game.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Saint Freak posted:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
wow it's almost like this game that redesigned every single female character to be more attractive to specific fetishes and had literally every part of it outsourced wasn't made because capcom actually wanted to make it but because they just wanted some easy money

almost

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

strangemusic posted:

"Clumsy Cutie?"
"Fighting President?"

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2016/06/30/capcom-shows-off-rejected-street-fighter-5-characters/

Funny ign " the less said about clumsy cutie the better"
Yet most people agree it's the best character there . Ign should stop acting like sjw all the time . ITS A GAME! Stop acting like an idiot

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

nickmeister posted:

What's up with people who have "auto" turned on there "okay" button? Every once in a while, I'll get a casual match with someone who repeatedly does light kick and clearly isn't present.

Yeah there are dozens of them out there. Its funny when you see one with some LP

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Robocop is the best god drat word filter

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Saint Freak posted:

Robocop is the best god drat word filter

What word is it filtering

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

punk rebel ecks posted:

Seems that Capcom is interested in making an Ikki Tousen fighting game.

Tattered Gi Ryu crossover planned for the next Senran Kagura, obv.

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants

darealkooky posted:

wow it's almost like this game that redesigned every single female character to be more attractive to specific fetishes and had literally every part of it outsourced wasn't made because capcom actually wanted to make it but because they just wanted some easy money

almost

I don't understand this comment. What other female character redesigns were there? I like concept art.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

strangemusic posted:

"Clumsy Cutie?"
"Fighting President?"

i agree how could they ditch those sick rear end concepts

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Help Im Alive posted:

What word is it filtering

S J W

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Literary guy looks like he could be cool but I find a president with a crazy blonde haircut to be a little far fetched.

Everything else is alarmingly bad.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

strangemusic posted:

"Clumsy Cutie?"
"Fighting President?"

I mean, it's just concept art - sometimes it's good, sometimes it's bad. EDIT: And sometimes it's a cool black shoto character that's called Rufus but instead we get a costume for Ken and lovely actual character Rufus.

I wonder if the decision not to bring in the futbol~ player and the Rival Schools characters in the background of the beach stage means Roberto is potentially on the table as future DLC?

EDIT2: Also I just noticed what your avatar is and it owns :3:

bhsman fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Jun 30, 2016

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Literary guy looks like he could be cool but I find a president with a crazy blonde haircut to be a little far fetched.

in a world where everyone except like 4 people are blond it might not register

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

That's awesome.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

:golfclap:

Also, upon further reflection, I retract my critical stance on Fighting President. You will not be granted clemency!

strangemusic fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Jun 30, 2016

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012
cuck sjw

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants

Intel&Sebastian posted:

The "fighting president" screams "THIS IS THE WAY JAPANESE SEES AMERICANS!!!!" sort of design.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
We will only ever be able to dream about President Vs. Dictator

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYIEKKrzJBM

M Bison sure seems like a mean guy

e: I like how they title it as 'Free DLC' at the end

GOOD TIMES ON METH fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Jun 30, 2016

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

So familiar, where have I...... ...

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Saint Freak posted:

We will only ever be able to dream about President Vs. Dictator

Tell it to Gaddafi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

That's what I thought of the moment I saw the subtitle, honestly.