Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
And it's confirmed for Duels, for all you 1.5 people that care

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Angry Grimace posted:

It's a Wolf in Fallout Armor.

This is the most wonderful thing I've seen all year.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Nice, Murder. Good.

We needed good guaranteed black removal.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Skyl3lazer posted:

I didn't say murder you said murder

Funny enough murder is basically top tier removal at this point.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

DONT SHOW THIS CARD TO MARO

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Skyl3lazer posted:

DONT SHOW THIS CARD TO MARO

This doesn't explain Hangarback Walker, which is literally a mech that vomits out tiny robocopters.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Angry Grimace posted:

It's a Wolf in Fallout Armor.

I imagine he's yelling something about Leman Russ and the Allfather.

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Rinkles posted:

It's back

The text alignment is annoying me, I wish it was centred

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

pointsofdata posted:

The text alignment is annoying me, I wish it was centred

So classy

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land
That art is sick.

Now, please wizards, just give me one decent counter spell. Just one. I want to play draw-go control in standard again.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

bhsman posted:

I imagine he's yelling something about Leman Russ and the Allfather.

Until next winter set

Elblanco
May 26, 2008

stinkles1112 posted:

That art is sick.

Now, please wizards, just give me one decent counter spell. Just one. I want to play draw-go control in standard again.

Spell shrivel isn't that bad, its no mana leak, but its not bad.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
Yo, where are the Planeswalkers

Alaan
May 24, 2005

Rinkles posted:

I was starting it a few weeks ago on iPad just for another time killer option. It was impossible to get past the third Gideon mission without crashing. :downsbravo:

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
Delirium Hymn to Tourach, holy poo poo.

:catstare:

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Jun 30, 2016

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

Until next winter set

Very good. :golfclap:

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Alaan posted:

I was starting it a few weeks ago on iPad just for another time killer option. It was impossible to get past the third Gideon mission without crashing. :downsbravo:

The iOS version was hopelessly crashy for me as well.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Angry Grimace posted:

None of the delirium cards have shown up in standard, though. Need some better enablers.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Angry Grimace posted:

What the fuuuuuck?

Lets Pickle
Jul 9, 2007

Angry Grimace posted:

Holy poo poo that's a good card.

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

Here's Harmless Offerings full art by the way:

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Rinkles posted:

None of the delirium cards have shown up in standard, though. Need some better enablers.

You can reliably get Delirium on Turn 2 with Gather the Pack and/or Vessel of Nascency and almost always will get it with Mindwrack Demon (which is playable on its own).

The problem isn't getting Delirium at all. The problem is that the payoff sucked. You now have Emrakul, Traverse the Ulvenwald and Delirhymn. I think the deck will be legit now.

I was playing around with a deck like this one and getting Delirium itself was trivial, its just that you're not really getting a reward other than Traverse the Ulvenwald (which is really powerful itself):

Deck: GB Delirium

//Lands
4 Evolving Wilds
6 Forest
3 Hissing Quagmire
4 Llanowar Wastes
6 Swamp

//Spells
2 Gather the Pack
3 Grasp of Darkness
3 Nissa, Voice of Zendikar
3 Oath of Nissa
3 Ob Nixilis Reignited
2 Ruinous Path
4 Traverse the Ulvenwald
2 Ultimate Price
1 Vessel of Nascency

//Creatures
4 Deathcap Cultivator
2 Emrakul, the Promised End
4 Hangarback Walker
4 Mindwrack Demon

//Sideboard
2 Duress
1 Transgress the Mind
2 Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet
1 Clip Wings
2 Caustic Caterpillar
3 Dead Weight
1 Gaea's Revenge
1 Languish
2 Virulent Plague

Display deck statistics

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

the reason delirium hasn't made a splash so far is that the best payoff for it is traverse the ulvenwald which is decidedly unexciting in a world where green creature decks are all focusing on cocoable value 3-drops

hymn and emrakul are decidedly better payoffs

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

PrinnySquadron posted:

Didn't notice that fresh bite mark on the other hand.

10/10 would pette

EatinCake
Oct 21, 2008

PrinnySquadron posted:

The bandage on his thumb is amazing and would be the best part if the kittens face weren't so gosh darn adorable. Awwww.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Count Bleck posted:

That goes in the Animar Deck.
And it can eventually ditch the GGG and be searched with Eye of Ugin, unlike Craterhoof.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

dragon enthusiast posted:

10/10 would pette

I see something new every time I look at it.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

dragon enthusiast posted:

10/10 would pette

EatinCake posted:

The bandage on his thumb is amazing and would be the best part if the kittens face weren't so gosh darn adorable. Awwww.

I don't know if you guys have noticed the Tail-Mouth yet or not.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

There's also the bloodstains on the kitten's face, and the weird back foot.

Alaan
May 24, 2005

Count Bleck posted:

I see something new every time I look at it.

It's really great art and I hope we have a eldrazi horror cat flip card to go with it.

Thisuck
Apr 29, 2012

Spoilers
Pillbug

sarmhan posted:

There's also the bloodstains on the kitten's face, and the weird back foot.

I just saw the foot, a lot of the SoI art are like this, it's pretty awesome. Also this is turning into a pretty powerful set. Between sorcery-pod, not-donate, Thali'makrul, and now not-Hymn. Although, the not-Hymn missed out using an eldrazi werewolf to howl at the moon.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Angry Grimace posted:

Wow I thought they were abandoning the Discard at Random mechanic.... Not that this card is good or anything.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

I'm just happy for Zedruu decks, they finally got a new card to play with.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Angry Grimace posted:

You can reliably get Delirium on Turn 2 with Gather the Pack and/or Vessel of Nascency and almost always will get it with Mindwrack Demon (which is playable on its own).

The problem isn't getting Delirium at all. The problem is that the payoff sucked. You now have Emrakul, Traverse the Ulvenwald and Delirhymn. I think the deck will be legit now.

For the few decks I've seen running Traverse, Delirium was not trivial.

But we'll see.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

PrinnySquadron posted:

I kinda want a print of this for my wall.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Rinkles posted:

For the few decks I've seen running Traverse, Delirium was not trivial.

But we'll see.

You have to make some concessions to getting Delirium, like running Hangarback Walker even though you'd probably rather have Sylvan Advocate, running a full set of Evolving Wilds, etc. I personally haven't found it that difficult, especially with Mindwrack Demon, but still, you do have to build around the mechanic.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Angry Grimace posted:

You have to make some concessions to getting Delirium, like running Hangarback Walker even though you'd probably rather have Sylvan Advocate, running a full set of Evolving Wilds, etc. I personally haven't found it that difficult, especially with Mindwrack Demon, but still, you do have to build around the mechanic.

That's part of the point. Gather the pack and Vessel aren't good cards in most decks.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Rinkles posted:

That's part of the point. Gather the pack and Vessel aren't good cards in most decks.

They're also reasonably cheap though, and don't put you down cards and let you dig for a Mindwrack Demon. It's just that a Mindwrack Demon on its own hasn't typically been good enough to play the deck. I'm a lot more interested in dropping an Emrakul than playing build-your-own Hymn to Tourach.

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Jun 30, 2016

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Rinkles posted:

It's an instant though so good luck getting the game to let you cast it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
I'm sitting here looking at black getting fakehymn, green getting doublepod, white getting minibaneslayer and uh...blue gets a colorless octopus and red gets donate

Yay

• Locked thread