Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Kajeesus posted:

Who is this Milo dude? I've had more than enough context clues that he is a dude who sucks, but I don't care enough to actually sort through the results from Googling him.
It's a mystery. There's a twitter account who claims to be him, but it's not verified so we may never truly know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Isn't he basically Breitbart the Twitter? Also the people who follow him are way worse than Milo himself/themself. Considering I'm seeing replies to Milos tweets about how Anita Sarkeesian should be assassinated to "finish what the turks started"

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Ularg posted:

Well speaking of IOSM, I haven't seen him in forever. Did something happen? Or is he just posting under his Poptart_fairy account now?

A goon mentioned that his trans brother could have very conceivably been in the Orlando shooting since they live in the area. PCOS Bill said it was a pity that the goon's trans brother wasn't shot to death, and was probated for a month.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Chomp8645 posted:

I didn't think it really had to be explained that if you get outraged at a person whose entire thing is stirring up outrage and controversy you are doing exactly what they want.

Yes, but it's also not the end of the world to do so.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Who What Now posted:

Yes, but it's also not the end of the world to do so.

This is true especially because nothing that ever happens on twitter or tumblr or wherever this is could possibly be of any real consequence.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Chomp8645 posted:

This is true especially because nothing that ever happens on twitter or tumblr or wherever this is could possibly be of any real consequence.

If it was just people saying racist bullshit on twitter or tumblr, people would care way less. If Milo was just doing stupid poo poo like being a twitter racist and crashing White House press conferences to demand explanations behind his twitter checkmark removal, people would be laughing at him more than they're angry at the guy.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Kajeesus posted:

Who is this Milo dude? I've had more than enough context clues that he is a dude who sucks, but I don't care enough to actually sort through the results from Googling him. Somehow I haven't yet figured out that if poptart fairy shows up in a thread out of nowhere to start a derail over some bullshit "puppetmaster", the person he's talking about is obviously, among numerous other offenses like being a neoreactionary misogynist, a Gamergater. Why does poptart fairy show up in random threads to start talking about Gamergate apropos of nothing? Now, please don't ask why. No one quite knows the reason. It could be that he has an unusual variant of Tourette's that gives him the unique tic of compulsively shouting "GAMERGATE" at random intervals. It could be that, being somehow even more of an intellectual coward than most Gamergaters, he really wants to fully support Gamergate but is too craven to do so except from one layer. It could be that he has this cowardice because, as he has explicitly stated numerous times in the past, he worships the South Park "perhaps the truth is in the middle" mentality, and believes that he is taking a neutral enlightened position. It could be that he is merely a lovely gimmick poster who, like he projects onto his heroes Milo and #whenisinternationalmensday, merely wants attention in the clumsiest way possible -- the equivalent of your neighbor playing crash cymbals outside your house at three in the morning and acting smug when tell them to shut the gently caress up just like they planned. It could be that he is merely a lovely gimmick who posts dumb bad words without putting quote tags around them. It could be that he has no actual interest in any of the threads he posts in, as evidenced by him never posting any intentional content in any of them, and sees them merely as a collection of vehicles he can use to start blathering about Gamergate whenever the mood strikes him, which is literally always. It could be that this is why he would be missing from a thread for months, but would appear within minutes as soon as the word "Gamergate" was posted and it appeared on whatever he was using to obsessively search the forums for his favorite and in fact only subject of conversation. It could be that he is just another pathetic Gamergater who has found a way to spread his Gamergating beyond the hellthread or whatever the current equivalent is in a way that flies under the mods' radar and doesn't get him banned like the rest of the Gamergate shitposters. But I think that the most likely reason of all, may have been that his brain is two sizes too small.

I got my degree online, it minimized the toxic feminism pervasive in today's educational system. Sure there were conflicts, but women taking comments out of context is nothing compared to false rape allegations.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Kajeesus posted:

Who is this Milo dude? I've had more than enough context clues that he is a dude who sucks, but I don't care enough to actually sort through the results from Googling him.

If it's something you've never heard of and poptart fairy is posting about it, smart money is on "something about gamergate"

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Radio Paranoia posted:

Not idiots but more of a "welcome to the internet" moment.

A major local radio station runs a story about a guy and his waifu.

Poor Krillin can never catch a break.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

poptart_fairy posted:

How do you keep someone from escalating by doing the exact thing that's escalating them.

Speaking personally, the escalation is the point. The best thing that can come from Milo is for him to have a completely self-destructive breakdown that makes what happened to Jason Russell seem recoverable. Basically, I'd like to see the "Breitbart on Twitter" comparison to be prophetic.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Wait I thought Milo was the Pharma douche who had a treatment for some kind of cancer(?) but made it ridiculously expensive just because he could? Or am I getting him mixed up with another douche?

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

MizPiz posted:

Speaking personally, the escalation is the point. The best thing that can come from Milo is for him to have a completely self-destructive breakdown that makes what happened to Jason Russell seem recoverable. Basically, I'd like to see the "Breitbart on Twitter" comparison to be prophetic.

But the people getting hurt by escalation aren't the people wanting it escalated.

"Hooray, this person deliberately provoking an angry response from me is getting others worked up in anger! A victory!"

I just don't see the logic, tbh. It's like congratulating myself because I typed a long winded counter-argument to an LoB post.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

You are thinking of Martin Shkreli

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

No, go back, did LoB just post original content?

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

poptart_fairy posted:

But the people getting hurt by escalation aren't the people wanting it escalated.

"Hooray, this person deliberately provoking an angry response from me is getting others worked up in anger! A victory!"

I just don't see the logic, tbh. It's like congratulating myself because I typed a long winded counter-argument to an LoB post.

Summary: Two people are involved in a crime and are caught. Each person can choose to either rat out the other person or remain silent. This results in 4 different outcomes for each person A, B, C, or D, A being most favorable and D being least favorable.

If both cooperate and remain silent, each person will be given B.

If both don't cooperate and rat each other out, each person will be given C.

If one doesn't cooperate and the other does. The person that didn't cooperate will receive outcome A and the other person will receive outcome D.

The Prisoner's Dilemma can be applied with having relationships with women and this is how each outcome can be broken down:

A. You get sex, but don't have to commit. This is usually given to Chad Thundercook, Alpha males, or PUAs. This requires a lot of hard work learning and practicing game constantly and facing a lot of rejections in the process. It is difficult to achieve, it might also require breaking your own moral code resorting to actions such as lying and cheating. This is what The Red Pill tries to achieve.

B. The blue pill fantasy, commitment and sex are exchanged mutually with respect from both partners. This requires finding a Unicorn a NAWALT it simply does not exist. This is the idea being sold to us since we are born. It is pushed on to us by women so they can get what they want from us, and so that they end up with option A. Which for them is resources and commitment without giving sex. You might have fallen for the idea that this fantasy actually exists (I know I have), but it's time to see it for what it is an illusion. This can only be achieved if the government put laws that restrict female hypergamous nature, not going to happen in our gynocentric society.

C. MGTOW, simply refusing to play the game.

D. Divorce rape, paying alimony, being used for money and resources, and dead bedrooms. While you see the person you put trust and faith completely using you for what you have, not worth the risk for a wet hole or the fantasy of having companionship and love from a woman.

Sure, A is a viable option, but it requires a lot of work and also risk of ending up with outcome D. The reward is one night stands or plates which I simply don't see as being worthwhile. B would be great if it actually existed. Since A and B are not viable, I have picked scenario C. Outcome D is completely and utterly brutal and no one even bats an eye, for men with good intentions that get completely screwed over.

The correct choice is C, do not play the game. Even the video mentions at the end that the most logical choice is choosing not to cooperate.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

That was not my interpretation.

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Just when we think we've got all the answers, he changes the questions.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I think at this point you guys have changed my avatar to include the word more than I've actually mentioned it. :v:

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
Didn't even bother to give you a Milo AV

goons are fuckin' LAME

Quabzor
Oct 17, 2010

My whole life just flashed before my eyes! Dude, I sleep a lot.

Ularg posted:

Isn't he basically Breitbart the Twitter? Also the people who follow him are way worse than Milo himself/themself. Considering I'm seeing replies to Milos tweets about how Anita Sarkeesian should be assassinated to "finish what the turks started"

I was under the impression that he actually worked at Brietbart.

A co-worker really likes Brietbart and keeps trying to get me to go to a show. So when other people overhear and ask what kind of show, I exclusively refer to his "stand-up tour" as the Dirty human being Tour. Which turns a whole lot of people off of it.

E: vvv I should have added context, he named his tour "the Dangerous human being tour"

Quabzor has a new favorite as of 20:16 on Jun 30, 2016

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Quabzor posted:

I was under the impression that he actually worked at Brietbart.

A co-worker really likes Brietbart and keeps trying to get me to go to a show. So when other people overhear and ask what kind of show, I exclusively refer to his "stand-up tour" as the Dirty human being Tour. Which turns a whole lot of people off of it.

Sounds like you'd enjoy what he has to say.

Edit: That's an actual thing the guy calls it. Incredible. Sorry for being a jerk, Quabzor.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I don't think casual homophobia is acceptable in any context. IMO.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I think it's unfair to assume that anyone Poptart_Fairy cheerleads is a Gamergater. I'm sure he believes in other lovely causes. Cheers for the answers tho

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
The sjws ruin another AV in favor of red text.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

poptart_fairy posted:

I don't think casual homophobia is acceptable in any context. IMO.

Let's agree that regardless of our feelings about poptart_fairy and Milo Whomever that this post is correct, and also it's time to move on.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
I don't know or care who Milo is, but every time I see his name I think of the horrible virtual reality child Peter Molyneux created.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
Thanks for triggering my memories of Black & White :(

You broke my 17 year old heart, Peter!

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Ironically, given peoples' tendency to believe everything Molyneux says and get angry over it time and time again, he's another example I could use. :v:

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Dude, they oughta call you Piledriver!

Clever Betty
My serial-conspiracy-theory posting FB friend is on another roll. Apparently, there was shooting at a club in SC, with some guy getting into an argument and firing into a small crowd of people, hitting 3 before someone returned fire, hitting the shooter in the leg.

According to him, this is a COVERUP by the media because a GOOD GUY WITH A GUN fired back and ended the "possible massacre", and the reason it wasn't on mainstream national news is because democrats are coming to take your guns.

I guess the guy is forgetting that 4 people shot on any given night is like the national pasttime nowadays and isn't really that big of a story. No ties to ISIS, no double-digit body counts, no bombs - just some jackoff with a gun and grudge.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

robotsinmyhead posted:

My serial-conspiracy-theory posting FB friend is on another roll. Apparently, there was shooting at a club in SC, with some guy getting into an argument and firing into a small crowd of people, hitting 3 before someone returned fire, hitting the shooter in the leg.

According to him, this is a COVERUP by the media because a GOOD GUY WITH A GUN fired back and ended the "possible massacre", and the reason it wasn't on mainstream national news is because democrats are coming to take your guns.

I guess the guy is forgetting that 4 people shot on any given night is like the national pasttime nowadays and isn't really that big of a story. No ties to ISIS, no double-digit body counts, no bombs - just some jackoff with a gun and grudge.

Yeah, this is blowing up my Fb feed right now and a LOT of people are very upset that no one knows about this hero because #itdoesn'tfitthenarritive (I'm not making this awful #tag up, it's all #tooreal). Except that oh my what is this right here?

Stop keeping all these CCP heros from us, Obama! The people crave the truth! #whydotheytakeallthegunsawayfromresponsibleamericans

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

robotsinmyhead posted:

This is like a perfect storm of pro-gun stuff. Black man with illegally obtained gun is stopped by good guy with conceal carry license. Nobody died, either, so the guy is a hero. It probably didn't make the news because it's par for the course in a surprisingly large part of America, like you said.

Also, the office who spoke to this news outlet is named "Lieutenant Bobo", which is pretty fun.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

Also she claims a shakeology has a "Whopping 15 grams of protein!"

I actually find that one of the cheapest premade (as in not powder) protein drinks is the Slimfast protein drinks. They have 20g of protein, taste good, and are way less expensive than more popular brands of protein drinks like Muscle Milk.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Sounds like you'd enjoy what he has to say.

Edit: That's an actual thing the guy calls it. Incredible. Sorry for being a jerk, Quabzor.

lmao

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Dude, they oughta call you Piledriver!

Clever Betty
Everyone is a good guy with a gun until precisely the moment they're not.

Go ahead and point out the fact that the shooter was a black man, but then casually mention that he had an illegal gun. If the 2nd amendment dudes have a problem with the first part but not the second part (why is that GUN illegal!!11), they're hypocrites.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Literally Unbelievable is updating again. :allears:

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

robotsinmyhead posted:

Everyone is a good guy with a gun until precisely the moment they're not.

Go ahead and point out the fact that the shooter was a black man, but then casually mention that he had an illegal gun. If the 2nd amendment dudes have a problem with the first part but not the second part (why is that GUN illegal!!11), they're hypocrites.

I don't think I've seen anyone but the worst gun crazies actually try to defend a criminal's illegal gun ownership.

SpacePope
Nov 9, 2009

EDIT : Misclicked the emptyquote button.

SpacePope has a new favorite as of 21:44 on Jun 30, 2016

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Are you talking about the part where I said that the Pulse shooter should have instead been denied a gun because he had legitimate investigation for terrorism by the FBI, as opposed to being an environmentalist celebrity?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

MLM stuff was apparently a huge problem at my job site, to the point where it got straight up banned. I work thirds, so I never saw anyone pushing their garbagewares, but I'm sad that I never came across a pyramid of lovely goods while patrolling.