Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

They could have integrated the display with a little more effort, I like the 100% wood facia clocks for example:

WoodStation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

That is hideous

InevitableCheese
Jul 10, 2015

quite a pickle you've got there
It would probably look decent if the color of the lights weren't red. I know that's a traditional clock, but they aren't trying to build a traditional clock.

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

InevitableCheese posted:

It would probably look decent if the color of the lights weren't red. I know that's a traditional clock, but they aren't trying to build a traditional clock.

There is some logic to red in alarm clocks. It has the longest wavelength, so it is least likely to keep you awake, distract you, or keep your eyes from adjusting to darkness.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
Well, and blue or green would look a lot worse against those typical woodgrain colors.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Maybe that stupid clock is just a bad idead

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
The Ingrein clocks don't look that bad in my opinion. The real problem is they are charging $300 for $30 in electronics and $0 in wood. They can try to play it off as ecological, but that doesn't change the fact that they are building frankenboards from scraps and sticking the equivalent of the world's shittiest smartphone in it.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
Here's a good clock if you need a standalone clock in 2016.

http://www.sony.com/electronics/clock-radios/icf-c1

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Thanks for the tip dude, that's gonna save me a lot of time in clock shopping

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
No problem, enjoy.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

There was a Kickstarter running for an NES/Famicom themed coffee table book, and it seemed like they had all their licensing affairs in order.

Oops, Nintendo pulled it.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Volcott posted:

No problem, enjoy.

Thanks ahmed

an overdue owl
Feb 26, 2012

hoot

we should definitely never talk about the unfortunate sexualization of children in media or the fact that lolicon is common enough that the term exists because that would clearly be racist against japan and discriminatory against flat chested women. all those people saying sexy twelve year olds are bad didn't realize they might be shaming some dude who can't tell the difference between a small child and a non big titty woman.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

an overdue owl posted:

we should definitely never talk about the unfortunate sexualization of children in media or the fact that lolicon is common enough that the term exists because that would clearly be racist against japan and discriminatory against flat chested women. all those people saying sexy twelve year olds are bad didn't realize they might be shaming some dude who can't tell the difference between a small child and a non big titty woman.

dude if it makes you laugh for someone to say a kid is 4000 years old just say that. don't do a sarcasm and pretend like any of this poo poo is "talking about" anything in a significant way.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

boom boom boom posted:

Thanks for the tip dude, that's gonna save me a lot of time in clock shopping

How do you know how much time it saved without a clock?

COMING SOON: A CLOCK-CLOCK TO MEASURE HOW FAST YOUR CLOCKS GO CLONK

(Steampunk edition +$50)

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

dude if it makes you laugh for someone to say a kid is 4000 years old just say that. don't do a sarcasm and pretend like any of this poo poo is "talking about" anything in a significant way.

Sexualizing children in cartoons is hosed up. Covering up the pedo tendencies with "it's actually an old monster" is bullshit. Also, Japanese culture isn't crazy about animes and Otakus.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Our society's insatiable lust for anime titties has doomed another thread.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Non Serviam posted:

Sexualizing children in cartoons is hosed up. Covering up the pedo tendencies with "it's actually an old monster" is bullshit. Also, Japanese culture isn't crazy about animes and Otakus.

these are hard truths and i am literally dehydrateing from all the giant sweat drops forming on my forehead.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

an overdue owl posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Aaronicon
Oct 2, 2010

A BLOO BLOO ANYONE I DISAGREE WITH IS A "BAD PERSON" WHO DESERVES TO DIE PLEEEASE DONT FALL ALL OVER YOURSELF WHITEWASHING THEM A BLOO BLOO
maybe; there are problems in the world just too big for the Awful Kickstarters thread to solve :rip:

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

Volcott posted:

Here's a good clock if you need a standalone clock in 2016.

http://www.sony.com/electronics/clock-radios/icf-c1

Thanks for this, I am going try to banish my phone from the bedroom as I am too weak-willed to not play with it for an hour or so before I go to sleep, so I need an actual alarm clock.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I wonder if anyone's done a DIY kickstarter for making musical instruments. Where they provide you with the basic parts and guidance so you too can craft a crappy thumb piano, wooden shoe-box guitar, and recorder.

wit
Jul 26, 2011
Donald is an rear end in a top hat!

quote:

A Kickstarter aimed at the person who tried to ruin my life--in the form of a card game.

About this project

I am sure you are wondering, "what is this all about" well to be truthful I am using my opinions about a guy I worked with (not a fan) and created a game around it. Each and everyday he went out of his way to try to make my life more difficult than it should have been--this is my response.
Why I am doing this?

I don't think it is a completely irrational thing to do... Create a card game out of my dislike for someone who treated myself and others like garbage. But that's what I did! I wanted to do something simple and somewhat different, but maintaining the familiarity to other party games. We have all had someone at work or school who just rubs us the wrong way. Either they are disrespectful, rude, or just a plain rear end in a top hat--we can all relate and that is what makes this fun. It is obvious to me that in school Donald was a huge bully and got a lot of attention from doing so--I would like to turn that attention in a different direction. By creating a game that people can use to be mean, but not mean spirited. I am hoping that this game inspires you to share the link, because that is what will make us successful!

Take THAT, Donald! :arghfist:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

It's a shame you can't click "All of the Above" when selecting reasons a project breaks the Kickstarter rules.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Free Kpop concert with Pungdeng-E

quote:

About this project

*The concert and fan engadgements will be FREE and are non profit events for the community upon the KickStarter being funded.*

Our goal is is to give smaller & independent Kpop groups the opportunity to perform in Los Angeles during the KCON weekend on July 29th. These types of groups make up a large majority of KPOP but are are often disregarded by the large concerts and conventions because they are not big budget or associated with famous record labels.

Pungdeng-E's full concert set will consist of 13 - 15 songs. We will also feature other events such full fan engagements and Kpop dance cover groups from the local community to open the show.

We must raise $30,000 through this KickStarter to pay for all expenses including Flights from Korea, Hotel, Food, Venue rental, performance pay, Equipment, signage and unexpected costs.

To reach $30,000 it would only take 1,500 people to donate $20.

We will operate this event 100% non profit and at a safe break even expense just to make it happen for them. We deeply thank all supporters of this project!

Risks and challenges

If this Kickstarter is funded the only challange would be finding the best venue location to KCON for easy accesibility. We have many venue options but we want this to be the best location possible.

If I'd only shared this kickstarter an hour earlier we could have funded it. It'd just take 1,500 goons donating $20 each.

stringball
Mar 17, 2009

Quite possibly the most passive aggressive thing I've ever seen

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am.

The cards aren't even funny. They're just bad insults.

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time
Everytime someone mentions "anime" I just shy out of the conversation. At least admit that you're watching cartoons. I've read a few Japanese comics, like Junji Ito's stuff, but I don't refer to it as "manga", and I also like American and European comics.
Back when Tintin, Moebius and other french/belgian comics were popular, did fans insist that they read "BD", not "comics"? I don't remember, I was too young to give a gently caress.

By the way, is that "several thousand year old immortal demon in a child's body" a real thing that happened in an anime? I see it referenced a lot.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Volcott posted:

Our society's insatiable lust for anime titties has doomed another thread.

loving really?

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

kjetting posted:

Everytime someone mentions "anime" I just shy out of the conversation. At least admit that you're watching cartoons. I've read a few Japanese comics, like Junji Ito's stuff, but I don't refer to it as "manga", and I also like American and European comics.
Back when Tintin, Moebius and other french/belgian comics were popular, did fans insist that they read "BD", not "comics"? I don't remember, I was too young to give a gently caress.

By the way, is that "several thousand year old immortal demon in a child's body" a real thing that happened in an anime? I see it referenced a lot.

Everyone has always been terrible, the Internet just makes it easier to see, so embrace the retarded and laugh at the sky.

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

coffee machines are a kickstarter favourite. This one popped up on advertising and shows off their iPhone app:

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*

kjetting posted:

Usually videogames is where I've seen it but yeah, it's happened before.

MrMoo posted:

coffee machines are a kickstarter favourite. This one popped up on advertising and shows off their iPhone app:

Everything needs:

a) an internet connection
2) an app

Where would a goon be without a DRM-enabled toilet to flush his poops

Noyemi K has a new favorite as of 18:49 on Jul 1, 2016

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

Waffleman_ posted:

There was a Kickstarter running for an NES/Famicom themed coffee table book, and it seemed like they had all their licensing affairs in order.

Oops, Nintendo pulled it.

Which sucks tremendously, because Bitmap Books make some really good game art albums. I guess Ninty really didn't liked the use of Mario and Zelda art, but on the other hand, the book about Super Famicom box art also had Nintendo games and that wasy okay? Weird

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

Noyemi K posted:

Everything needs:

2) an app

You know Toto use a gigantic remote for their washlets, it couldn't be far away to create an iPhone app.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
...why would a toilet need a remote

under what situation would your rear end be far away enough from where you are that would need to enter wash settings on it by remote

XYZ
Aug 31, 2001

Noyemi K posted:

Everything needs:

2) an app

https://twitter.com/internetofshit

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
One button games were popular a few years back. Maybe someone should make a one button toilet.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
A single-button toilet with replaceable, single-use tank pods with a combination of fresh water and environment-safe cleaners for a fresh flush every time.

e: Comes in solid pastels, "urban inspired" designs, and faux-wood finish.

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

Acne Rain posted:

...why would a toilet need a remote

under what situation would your rear end be far away enough from where you are that would need to enter wash settings on it by remote

The remote is I believe better suited to a small toilet than the traditional larger control panel. The instructions say you can attach the remote to the wall nearby instead.

MrMoo has a new favorite as of 21:44 on Jul 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

Volcott posted:

Why won't anyone remake that game where you run a zoo only instead of elephants you fill it with dinosaurs. That's what I really want.

There's two in development right now, Prehistoric kingdom which looks nice, and Mesozoica which has a bunch of drama around it making it a good fit for this thread!