Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003
Guardian Sport:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Squires confirmed for UKMT reader?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
UKMT: the source of that KC Green comic.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
UKMT: the place where it has been posted over and over again more than I've seen anywhere else on the internet in reaction to Brexit

Plus Squires is the most likely cartoonist in the thread to be a goon

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
The dog image is really, really internet famous and has nothing to do with UKMT.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the rebellion against Jeremy Corbyn – Eighty percent of Labour MPs reject Jeremy Corbyn’s leadership"

Telegraph:

Independent:

Times:

EU Brexit summit: Sad 'last supper' in Brussels After Leonardo.

Mail:
MAC: What if Jeremy Corbyn took over the England team?

nobodyssweetheart
Sep 26, 2015

I'm so proud my brother
is death ray panda
In case you were wondering, I just checked and If... is still a Star Wars parody. Sadiq Khan is an Ewok.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
What is that now, nine, ten months? Maybe it'll read better as a collected book.

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Cameron and Corbyn's exchange in PMQs – Conservative and Labour leaders debate fallout from EU vote – including effect on each other’s careers"

Telegraph:

Times:

Tory leadership: Johnson and May to enter contest; Absolutely Fabulous: The Movie out tomorrow.

Mail:

Guardian Australian Sport:

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
I said this in the genpop political cartoons thread first, but for gently caress's sake, Cameron, you can't even get one of the most famous specifically English Parliamentary quotations right. I live in loving America, mate, and it's "In the name of God, Go!"

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
I'm glad Bell's Cameron Condom is getting a proper protracted sendoff as it gradually deflates and possibly gets chewed by a dog or something

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Koesj posted:

Guardian Sport:

haha that shadow cabinet

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Jun 30, 2016

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Redeye Flight posted:

I said this in the genpop political cartoons thread first, but for gently caress's sake, Cameron, you can't even get one of the most famous specifically English Parliamentary quotations right. I live in loving America, mate, and it's "In the name of God, Go!"

I don't think he was quoting, that's just how he talks.

nobodyssweetheart
Sep 26, 2015

I'm so proud my brother
is death ray panda
There's some staggeringly terrible Brexit cartoons coming out from US & Canadian cartoonists right now, most of whom I'm sure didn't know what the EU was before this week.
I know you all hate US cartoons, but I'll only post two that are over-the-top awful, so you can appreciate everything else in this thread.

thumbs up Uncle Sam vs Muslims, Muslims, Muslims

Lotta deep insight here. This may have been drawn by an actual child.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
Funnily enough you copy pasted an antisemitic edit of the lion one.

American dog whistles are weird.

nobodyssweetheart
Sep 26, 2015

I'm so proud my brother
is death ray panda

Baloogan posted:

Funnily enough you copy pasted an antisemitic edit of the lion one.
American dog whistles are weird.
You're right. It has been edited from the original version -- wiggle marks have been added to the front of the lion.
http://editorialcartoonists.com/cartoon/display.cfm/152099/
I just pulled this from the US Political Cartoons forum. Not from PerfidiousJew.com

How this represents antisemitism... no idea. Are there swastikas all over it if you look at it with special glasses?

nobodyssweetheart fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Jun 30, 2016

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

nobodyssweetheart posted:

How this represents antisemitism... no idea. Are there swastikas all over it if you look at it with special glasses?
Yes, specifically putting (((these))) around somebody's name is supposed to indicate that they're part of the Jew World Order of rootless cosmopolitan bolshevists among alt-right and far-right shitheads.

Some Jewish people spotted this and have started going along as a joke.

nobodyssweetheart
Sep 26, 2015

I'm so proud my brother
is death ray panda

Guavanaut posted:

Yes, specifically putting (((these))) around somebody's name is supposed to indicate that they're part of the Jew World Order of rootless cosmopolitan bolshevists among alt-right and far-right shitheads.
Some Jewish people spotted this and have started going along as a joke.
Not just Jews. Everyone with (((right on))) views did it.

I thought that was for words not cartoon lions. Put it on BRITAIN. Too subtle for my Jew eyes.

nobodyssweetheart fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Jun 30, 2016

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Not just Jews. Everyone with (((right on))) views did it.

I thought that was for words not cartoon lions.

Come away, O human child!
To the waters and the wild
With a faery, hand in hand,
For the world's more full of weeping than you can understand.

nobodyssweetheart
Sep 26, 2015

I'm so proud my brother
is death ray panda

Baloogan posted:

Come away, O human child!
To the waters and the wild
With a faery, hand in hand,
For the world's more full of weeping than you can understand.
Chastened by poetry. How naive I am. I'll show myself out.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
For England may keep faith
For all that is done and said.
We know their dream; enough
To know they dreamed and are dead

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
Sorry to be a bother, I love your thread. I'm an avid reader. My favorite are monstrous caricatures of Boris Johnston.

I even collect them: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3779329&pagenumber=21&perpage=40#post461422232

I realize now I need to make a YCS poetry thread after my impending probation.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

thumbs up Uncle Sam vs Muslims, Muslims, Muslims

I didn't know Mac had a more talented American sibling. gently caress off Mac's long lost twin.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Baloogan posted:

Sorry to be a bother, I love your thread. I'm an avid reader. My favorite are monstrous caricatures of Boris Johnston.

I even collect them: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3779329&pagenumber=21&perpage=40#post461422232

I realize now I need to make a YCS poetry thread after my impending probation.

Nice! Have one more for your collection:
https://twitter.com/MartinRowson/status/748574205428514816

nobodyssweetheart
Sep 26, 2015

I'm so proud my brother
is death ray panda

Baloogan posted:

My favorite are monstrous caricatures of Boris Johnston. I even collect them: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3779329&pagenumber=21&perpage=40#post461422232

in happier times, before Bozza monsterfication, everyone was friends!

edit to add:

Boris is Rowson's particular bęte noire:

nobodyssweetheart fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Jun 30, 2016

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Goodness gracious! Thank you ever so much.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

The sad thing is we're going to see much fewer Boris drawings now he's basically irrelevant again, so lap this up while you can

nobodyssweetheart
Sep 26, 2015

I'm so proud my brother
is death ray panda

Angepain posted:

The sad thing is we're going to see much fewer Boris drawings now he's basically irrelevant again, so lap this up while you can
But soooooo many more Goves! :3::3::3:

https://twitter.com/MarkDiStef/status/748475471902306304

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Angepain posted:

Shame. I'm not sure what fascinates me about the Boris caricatures, he is such a soft spoken buffoon and yet a cartoonist can see

I found out about Boris through these political cartoons, I really didn't have a clue who he was really. In my minds eye I pictured someone like Trump but much much worse with a deep booming voice and monstrous features.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I associate him strongly with the giant fur cup. He'll never fade into the background, not after Gove just insulted him.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Baloogan posted:

Shame. I'm not sure what fascinates me about the Boris caricatures, he is such a soft spoken buffoon and yet a cartoonist can see

That's the thing about Boris, there is a truly despicable calculating self-obsessed arsehole in there but carefully (and to an unknown extent, deliberately) hidden under many layers of oh-look-at-me-aren't-I-a-scamp. It's only after years of having to pay attention to the guy that the depths of his bastardry can truly be revealed to a person, and then converted into hideous cartoon form as a warning for unwary Americans encountering him for the first time.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Don't worry, we still have Scrotty McScrotface to kick around.

nobodyssweetheart
Sep 26, 2015

I'm so proud my brother
is death ray panda

Baloogan posted:

Watch any of his appearances on Have I Got News for You (they're on YouTube) for his rise to "Nation's favorite lovable oaf."
Pay attention to the words, though, being lobbed at him that he mumblingly defers in a charming fashion. He's poo poo and he knows he is.

One of many: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObY4_HfhtyY

I'm of the camp that he really is that clueless and lazy (with an entitled egotistical core).
Christ, he let Gove manipulate him into joining Brexit. How dumb does he have to be?

nobodyssweetheart fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Jul 1, 2016

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

Watch any of his appearances on Have I Got News for You (they're on YouTube) for his rise to "Nation's favorite lovable oaf."
Pay attention to the words, though, being lobbed at him that he mumblingly defers in a charming fashion. He's poo poo and he knows he is.

One of many: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObY4_HfhtyY

I'm of the camp that he really is that clueless and lazy (with an entitled egotistical core).
Christ, he let Gove manipulate him into joining Brexit. How dumb does he have to be?

Was he really manipulated into joining? I seem to recall that Boris has been opposed to the EU since he was a journalist.

nobodyssweetheart
Sep 26, 2015

I'm so proud my brother
is death ray panda

Fearless posted:

Was he really manipulated into joining? I seem to recall that Boris has been opposed to the EU since he was a journalist.
I don't think he cared, really. He just wanted to oppose Cameron. Boris didn't really take positions on anything (except his mistresses - hey-o!).

Here, according to the Telegraph, Boris was waffling and over lunch is very dear pal The Gover and his wife convinced him:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/30/how-boris-johnson-was-brought-to-his-knees-by-the-cuckoo-nest-pl/

cuckoo nest plot posted:

Mr Gove’s wife Sarah Vine described how: “Boris was very agitated, genuinely tortured as to which way to go.” It seems that by the end of the night Mr Gove, a lifelong Eurosceptic with an “obsession” for getting Britain out of Europe, had persuaded him which side of the fence he should come down on.
...And then HE STABBED BORIS IN THE... knees. (I'm going from cartoons that Michael Gove is two feet tall.)

edit to add
At the bottom of the article:

Sick Burn posted:

... John Major had written off Mr Johnson’s abilities to lead the country.
Oof. Poor Boris.
:

nobodyssweetheart fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Jul 1, 2016

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

EULER'VE TO SEE IT VENN SOMEONE CALLS IT THE WRONG THING AND PROVOKES MY WRATH

Amazing!

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Angepain posted:

It's got a thorn in it, therefore 100% genuine icelandic. I am the master linguist of all
It's Icelandic, but it's grammatically incorrect.

Also dammit, I was expecting more anger at being kicked out by us. Alas!

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

I don't think he cared, really. He just wanted to oppose Cameron. Boris didn't really take positions on anything (except his mistresses - hey-o!).

Here, according to the Telegraph, Boris was waffling and over lunch is very dear pal The Gover and his wife convinced him:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/30/how-boris-johnson-was-brought-to-his-knees-by-the-cuckoo-nest-pl/

...And then HE STABBED BORIS IN THE... knees. (I'm going from cartoons that Michael Gove is two feet tall.)

Well, I had no idea about all that. Thank you.

I did, however, know that Gove was a right shithead and this solidifies that opinion.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the Conservative leadership campaign – Seven days ago the Tories was bracing itself for BoJo, now he is yesterday’s man. But if Michael Gove makes for an odd assassin then Boris makes for an even stranger Caesar"

Telegraph:

Independent:

Times:

Guardian Sport:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

As much as I hate Adams, that's a good Boris eating poo poo.