Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crown Face
Sep 24, 2008
I think releasing content instead of messing around with a microtransaction system in some desperate attempt to exploit both players and Sony is a pretty good decision.

I will not be spending money on costumes though because I'm on PC and I just want all of my characters to look like Q and Overwatch characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lothire
Jan 27, 2007

Rx Suicide emailed me and all I got was this amazingly awesome forum account.

Tortured By Flan

Real hurthling! posted:

thanks for the support zand

The original offer of the season pass included the DLC characters and their respective premium costumes. Back around when Alex released, they talked about adding an extra "free" stage for season pass owners which ended up being Guile's Airforce Base stage (purchasable with fight money anyways). There is currently no information on any of these new costume/stage stuff being granted or tied with the season pass outside those DLC characters and their respective premiums, as the free airforce stage was just a one time deal for season pass owners.

You'd think there would be something in it for season pass owners this time around too, but nothing's been mentioned.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Huh so looks like for Urien reflector might actually be the v-skill. People looking at the models and stuff say he has a layer underneath him just like Necalli so trigger is transforming into the thong? It is a mystery.

*ed*

Evil Canadian fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Jul 1, 2016

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Evil Canadian posted:

Huh so looks like for Urien reflector might actually be the v-skill. People looking at the models and stuff say he has a layer underneath him just like Necalli so trigger is transforming into the thong? It is a mystery.

*ed*

ripping off the clothes for the trigger would be amazing. would he then be a permanent v trigger guy like necali then?

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Another mystery is why Juri's wrists glow during FSE.

Looks like different strengths produce different Pinwheels this time? I saw one short on-the-ground one and then the diagonal/rising one. Wonder if she doesn't have EX moves in yet. Not too fussed at losing fireball storing. Made it really hard for grapplers to get in on her. Felt really unfair. And given things like Green Hand aren't in, how the hell would Gief ever get in on her if she still had that ability?

Also: When is someone gonna do a swap so we can see what Zangief and Fang look like doing Juri's moves?

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
Juri lost her eye thing apparently bison took it

So yeah that the fireball situation and likely why her arms glo instead of her eye

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
Why capcom maybe if you'd released these characters from the start you wouldn't be in the poo poo you are now.

Also the only thing hard about charging juri fireballs was endlessly cycling all 3 (on ps3 controller at least), which was barely worth it considering most people online weren't thinking hard enough to actually consider counting the fireballs otherwise it is the simplest holding/ negative edge mechanic in fighters I'd argue.

Her costumes look fine. Hopefully they change the color nonsense.

They should just release the last two in July (why market a loving game to the FGC then release characters the month before evo? why even rush the game?) and start on the next season next year and try a new marketing strategy and not try to monetize this, we paid 60 for an unfinished game as is and I certainly don't have the fight money to buy juri anyhow because of how unpleasant the game is to play.

juris jacket alt looks fine BESIDE the hideous pant color on default.

SectumSempra fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Jul 1, 2016

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Update live on ps4 now.

*ed*

Now people are saying Aegis is trigger and skill is some armour move? I don't loving know, who knows? not me.

Evil Canadian fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Jul 1, 2016

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I'm excited for the Street Fighter 5 updates.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
https://clips.twitch.tv/thisislijoe/LongPorpoiseNotLikeThis

EDIT:

https://twitter.com/notBaf0/status/748716299056926721

bhsman fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Jul 1, 2016

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

you get two reflectors Kreygasm

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Pomp posted:

you get two reflectors Kreygasm

Other stuff:

-Urien's back st.HK can be charged and becomes an overhead if you do (and reminds me a ton of Ganondorf's heel kick from Smash)
-His V-Skill gives his next special a hit of armor unless the special whiffs
-Juri's V-Skill can be dash canceled

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
tell me how i can play urien and juri

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

General Morden posted:

tell me how i can play urien and juri

in story mode or hacking the pc version

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

kenface got fixed supposedly

Doggir
Dec 24, 2013

dangerdoom volvo posted:

if milhouse didnt jump off a bridge would you not jump

edit oh my goooodddd And then there’s the Japanese god Tokido who expertly delivered an amazing performance to climb through the losers bracket, dispatching several high-level players which gave him a seat to grand finals against Infiltration. If the 8f latency was that much of a factor, instinctively reacting to any of Infiltration's strategies with impeccable timing would have been a lot more inconsistent.

and then followed by this gif as proof https://gfycat.com/SingleRectangularJaguar

Implying that wasn't a godlike read

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Real hurthling! posted:

in story mode or hacking the pc version

Can I just play Juri in story mode? Or Do I have to go through other assholes?

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Uhmmm well it looks different.

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011
Question, on steam is the story mode downloaded automatically or do I need to grab something from the store like the PS4 version?

Edit: Okay got it. Thanks!

croutonZA fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Jul 1, 2016

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

croutonZA posted:

Question, on steam is the story mode downloaded automatically or do I need to grab something from the store like the PS4 version?

Yeah, you need to go to the game's DLC page and add it to your library, then install it like any other dlc.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Is PC still undergoing maintenance? It won't let me log in. In the meantime, more Urien stuff:

https://twitter.com/biosnake/status/748723829539737600

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

I really like how the last 3 characters are looking so far (except that pose gah i hope they change that it hurts to look at), and I would actually be surprised if they fixed the kenface.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
You realize that all this tech is going to be patched out before the characters are "released", right? That's what Capcom does.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Don't you guys read the patch notes?

code:
The role of Ken will now be played by veteran character actor Crispin Glover

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

"Fixed"

Also, Urien looks pretty rad but lack of loincloth is killing me.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Corbeau posted:

You realize that all this tech is going to be patched out before the characters are "released", right? That's what Capcom does.

Oh I imagine some things will be changed, but most of the stuff that seems inherent to the character will stay.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
Watching Maximillian go through the story mode.

The PC people will have a lot of work: there's a bunch of non-playables in it.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
PETER THE COP confirmed for top tier.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I love Ken's face in this

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
pc still down gently caress off

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

PETER THE COP confirmed for top tier.

I swear, if it turns out the reason he's got so little health is he's got something ridiculous in his limited movelist...like a gunshot that has ridiculous damage. Who knows?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Everyone please get excited for the 6 insanely boring Doll characters coming next season as DLC!

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

strangemusic posted:

"Fixed"

Also, Urien looks pretty rad but lack of loincloth is killing me.

he has a loincloth costume tho???

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Bloodly posted:

I swear, if it turns out the reason he's got so little health is he's got something ridiculous in his limited movelist...like a gunshot that has ridiculous damage. Who knows?

super is a command grab that puts a gun in their hand so he's gets to start shooting and if you still win you're carted off to prison and the round ends in a draw

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Everyone please get excited for the 6 insanely boring Doll characters coming next season as DLC!

gently caress you the dolls own, I want them playable

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
https://twitter.com/CharmingRogue81/status/748719529069608960

edit: Stage is still cool as gently caress but yeahhhhh probably insta-banned for competitive play

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a goat.

Pomp posted:

pc still down gently caress off

Yeah, it's scheduled to be down until midnight PST.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

https://clips.twitch.tv/thisislijoe/FunnyChickenWTruck

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Nodoze posted:

gently caress you the dolls own, I want them playable

I'm the one black doll. You can tell she's black because she's a literal spear chucker.

gently caress you the dolls suck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

I'm also the everything clipping through and into everything else. This is so loving lovely, it's great.