Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Orange Red Bull posted:

ok so call it a slush fund Baghdad Bob

did he or did he not show up one day, jack some funds that were meant for something else and did ander not take exception to it??

Kearl, the only person who had access to any of that money and is the only one who has say over that stuff, is the one who gave Shamis the money. It's pretty much the opposite of "stealing" :shrug:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Unfunny Poster posted:

Kearl, the only person who had access to any of that money and is the only one who has say over that stuff, is the one who gave Shamis the money. It's pretty much the opposite of "stealing" :shrug:.

why did ander have a problem with it

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

and people say that nc. can use supers without pl holding their hand, lawl

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

Orange Red Bull posted:

I wasn't around for this, but I assume he was just unhappy for his own reasons? Whenever RL monies are involved people get lovely.

PL has also crowdfunded to help some people who are poor irl (usually college students with too much free time, so they hardcore eve) go to fanfest or eve vegas and whatnot

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

evilweasel posted:

and people say that nc. can use supers without pl holding their hand, lawl

how'd y'all catch them? I can't really tell from the BR what was going on, where people messing around and got caught?

Also poor TISHU got hit by snuff again

Zakrello
Feb 17, 2015

missile imbound
just here to confirm imperium have no cap fleet, at all

what a good start to July, smugggggggggggggggggggggggggg

Saiyajin-Nester
Oct 18, 2005
i guess im going to have to make syndicate great again

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

YOU CANNOT MAKE A MISTAKE SO BIG THAT 80 GRIT CAN'T FIX IT!
:smug:
RIP my Revelation.
I bought that Rev from Suas in 2007 when we lived in Scaling Pass. It's helped kill -V-, LV, BoB, and some drone region scrubs when those opened up. It's gone around the galaxy from Scalping Pass to Delve; the drone regions to Deklein.
RIP, El Alhambra, may you ride easy in Valhall

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Goatman Sacks posted:

Oh hey so remember how I was bitching about feeding bs fleets and was really stupid?

that was funny.

Remember when I said you could have been doing this months ago? :smug:

Orange Red Bull posted:

I want to say because most of the money raised on PL.com was for server upgrades or some other nerd poo poo.

Anything left over was like the Frabba's scotch fund for the most part (I think it was Frabba anyway).

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

Landsknecht posted:

how'd y'all catch them? I can't really tell from the BR what was going on, where people messing around and got caught?

Also poor TISHU got hit by snuff again

"Goons have been shooting towers in bombers and hurricanes, I bet these two dreads shooting a tower aren't bait."

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

frozenphil posted:

"Goons have been shooting towers in bombers and hurricanes, I bet these two dreads shooting a tower aren't bait."

That's hilarious.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Xolve posted:

I want to say because most of the money raised on PL.com was for server upgrades or some other nerd poo poo.

Anything left over was like the Frabba's scotch fund for the most part (I think it was Frabba anyway).

The money that was given to Shamis by Kearl was from the GTC referral money from the link at the top of the forums, which never went towards server funds and was never related to the server drive. It was also never touched until Kearl threw the cash to Shamis, which was months/years before ditched Ander.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Unfunny Poster posted:

The money that was given to Shamis by Kearl was from the GTC referral money from the link at the top of the forums, which never went towards server funds and was never related to the server drive. It was also never touched until Kearl threw the cash to Shamis, which was months/years before ditched Ander.

Im glad we straightened that out :colbert:

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Unfunny Poster posted:

Ah, right.

Can we go back to laughing at TISHU getting caught at mids?

vulvamancer
Oct 2, 2006

Yes! It all makes sense! We may be freaks, but we're freaks with teeth, and claws, and magic wands! And together, we can stand up to Farquaad!

frozenphil posted:

RIP my Revelation.
I bought that Rev from Suas in 2007 when we lived in Scaling Pass. It's helped kill -V-, LV, BoB, and some drone region scrubs when those opened up. It's gone around the galaxy from Scalping Pass to Delve; the drone regions to Deklein.
RIP, El Alhambra, may you ride easy in Valhall

A lot of people have children in the middle of elementary school younger than your revelation.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

vulvamancer posted:

A lot of people have children in the middle of elementary school younger than your revelation.

i still have a thanatos from 2007 jesus christ

Xolve posted:

why would you be paying our (former) admin

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

vulvamancer posted:

Crazy, isn't it? I've had that ship pretty much my entire time playing Eve. I've taken it on every dread op that presented itself and it never even got shot. So glad it finally got a real fight and got to go out the appropriate way.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

As someone who is still very new, I find it hard to work out from this thread what went down (mostly because I have no idea which poster is on what side) Is there any chance of a battle report- the wordy type? I'd love to know what happened and who killed who. the EVEKill battle reports confuse the hell out of me because they show people on our side who I could have sworn were our enemies.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

I'm on my phone and groggy so the Imperium side's total hit me first and I was like what did we lose dreads for? Then I stared at the other side's total trying to comprehend the number of places to the left of the decimal and "b"

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

NtotheTC posted:

As someone who is still very new, I find it hard to work out from this thread what went down (mostly because I have no idea which poster is on what side) Is there any chance of a battle report- the wordy type? I'd love to know what happened and who killed who. the EVEKill battle reports confuse the hell out of me because they show people on our side who I could have sworn were our enemies.

The automatically-generated sides tend to not be terribly accurate. Switch NCdot to the blue team for the easiest fix. Though given Snuff, TISHU, and NCdot were all there, there's probably more like three sides. :effort:

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

Did we form up more than 200 people though :ohdear:

4th Horseman
Jun 3, 2011

NtotheTC posted:

Forewarning : I am a noob feel free to correct me on anything here

Goonswarm formed up to shoot POSes in Saranen with grindrfleet. We did this for about two hours with enemy scouts watching as they presumably formed up. A small group of dreads was cynoed in, more shooting of POS stick. People getting tired and logging off (eU dudes poor bastards.). NC. T3 fleet arrives, decision is made to bug out, two dreads are caught. Or are they a sacrifice?

Asher warps the fleet off very quickly, considering the stay and fight decision against nc titans previously. Then we're in warp again to a Titan in a POS. there is no waiting like I have experienced before with Titan bridges, the order is to bridge, and bridge now. Asher has an excited but seriousfuck tone to his voice compared to basing earlier.

The bridge takes us to Okageiken, on the w-4 gate. This is where it gets hard for me to comprehend everything that's happenning at once. A fleet of Tishu and nc. Titans plus assorted fax are on field, with Snuff hictors pointing a lot of poo poo. A second goonswarm fleet cynos into system, dreads. They have a lot of titans, and dreads take losses. But their faxes are neuted and destroyed, the nc. T3 fleet has to take time to get back to us, and in very short order the first TISHU Titan dies. And then another. I am in my griffin wondering why I'm not dead, and and jamming anything subcap with nc ticker. 3rd Titan dies.
4th Titan from nc. Repercussus is taking a long time to die. We have him into structure, but he catches reps. Full armor again.
Asher tells us to bump him, and while their faxes and logi are held in place, or are just too drat slow, a 100 battleships bump him out of range, and I see my 4th ever titan die.

A newbie 3 days old in karma fleet gets isk bombed. Someone loots every single valuable module from the wrecks(theta), apparently dumping ammo to do so.

We warp to station and dock up as the howling hordes of the totally not mbc arrive in system, smug for hours(in concert with snuffed). Asher finally has material for another hour, loads of planning by leadership and people I don't know pays off, and I'm pretty happy playing eve.

Tldr; baited on two free dreads

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
hah. so MBC showed up eh? yesterday they assigned an alliance per system for the 93PI station :laugh:

I heard their fleet pings were of the rage variety and one of the adverts was named The Big One

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=6549668

:peanut:

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus
Rep lost a titan in the service of ncdot already?

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Landsknecht posted:

the hecate is REALLY GOOD (like the confessor and svipul) if you're able to pick your fights (lol@700 dps from frig guns) but will get 0wnz0ned if you're caught by a VNI or something

I'm considering making it my corp destroyer doctrine. Probably with T2 railguns since I ran the numbers in pyfa and small blaster range still sucks dick even in sharpshooter mode.

4th Horseman posted:

The bridge takes us to Okageiken, on the w-4 gate. This is where it gets hard for me to comprehend everything that's happenning at once. A fleet of Tishu and nc. Titans plus assorted fax are on field, with Snuff hictors pointing a lot of poo poo. A second goonswarm fleet cynos into system, dreads. They have a lot of titans, and dreads take losses. But their faxes are neuted and destroyed, the nc. T3 fleet has to take time to get back to us, and in very short order the first TISHU Titan dies. And then another. I am in my griffin wondering why I'm not dead, and and jamming anything subcap with nc ticker. 3rd Titan dies.
4th Titan from nc. Repercussus is taking a long time to die. We have him into structure, but he catches reps. Full armor again.
Asher tells us to bump him, and while their faxes and logi are held in place, or are just too drat slow, a 100 battleships bump him out of range, and I see my 4th ever titan die.

Even after reading that, my brain is still trying to puzzle out how in the name of the space pope do you lose four titans in one loving battle :psyduck:

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

ScreamingLlama posted:

I'm considering making it my corp destroyer doctrine. Probably with T2 railguns since I ran the numbers in pyfa and small blaster range still sucks dick even in sharpshooter mode.

Even after reading that, my brain is still trying to puzzle out how in the name of the space pope do you lose four titans in one loving battle :psyduck:

Paging jeffraider to give us a Titan update.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

on one hand i'm sad that we never got around to dropping our own forest of invincible 20b static pipebombs

on the other hand they were clearly broken and needed to be nerfed, and nerfing bubbles to a max drag range of 500km does that nicely

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug

ScreamingLlama posted:

Hubris?

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

p7hk9 posted:

Hubris?

Gaara got Titans and not figured out how they work?

nex
Jul 23, 2001

øæå¨æøåø
Grimey Drawer
drat, that seems like a epic battle.

Wish I was there to whore with my maulus :gerty:

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Oodles posted:

Paging jeffraider to give us a Titan update.

B-R avenged

a gorillion CSAA's down

+1 tech

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

ScreamingLlama posted:

Four. That's cute. How many died in B-R?

bluegoon
Mar 5, 2010

by Pragmatica
Think I'd ever be able to join corp again? I've got a pretty decent mining setup going and would like to do it in group.

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

I DID A BIG CACA IN MY DRUG STORE DIAPER

Glory of Arioch posted:

on one hand i'm sad that we never got around to dropping our own forest of invincible 20b static pipebombs

on the other hand they were clearly broken and needed to be nerfed, and nerfing bubbles to a max drag range of 500km does that nicely

The drag bubble change/clarity is pretty overdue, tbh.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

I'm surprised the victim would smug over that. All it shows is that he performed a monumental screwed up, but when Darwin pulled the trigger it was a dud.

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug

bluegoon posted:

Think I'd ever be able to join corp again? I've got a pretty decent mining setup going and would like to do it in group.

:getout:

bluegoon
Mar 5, 2010

by Pragmatica

:negative:

bluegoon
Mar 5, 2010

by Pragmatica
Wanna play with goons, sucks otherwise..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Did you try TDB?

• Locked thread