Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

yer a wizard ryu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Swole > Steel apparently.

Lothire
Jan 27, 2007

Rx Suicide emailed me and all I got was this amazingly awesome forum account.

Tortured By Flan
If you're interested in Urien stuff, LI Joe's twitter is getting blown up with twitch clips of him trying out all sorts of things with the guy. It takes a long while before he gets V-meter, but a lot of the things he can do with Aegis look very neat.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Juri looks like she's wearing a bad power Rangers suit.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

FilthyImp posted:

Juri looks like she's wearing a bad power Rangers suit.

yeah im not really diggin it either.

Lothire posted:

If you're interested in Urien stuff, LI Joe's twitter is getting blown up with twitch clips of him trying out all sorts of things with the guy. It takes a long while before he gets V-meter, but a lot of the things he can do with Aegis look very neat.

All the Urien stuff prolly will be changed before hes available.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

The biggest takeaway I had from story mode.

Balrog has command over/inspires loyalty in the little monkey

*ed*

Evil Canadian fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Jul 1, 2016

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013
Meanwhile

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Maybe its just new character weirdness but holy gently caress it seems Balrog jumps super high.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Evil Canadian posted:

Maybe its just new character weirdness but holy gently caress it seems Balrog jumps super high.

welcome to street fighter sfiv and after, please enjoy your floaty slow stay

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga
Lol no free preview on Balrog and ibuki

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood

Lothire posted:

I mean most characters in this game who don't have v skills that can hit generally build meter faster by being hit than using v skills. fastest ability to build has to be birdie (mainly because he can control it faster with his v skill than most)

Also don't defend "things will change before the characters are released"

History has shown in this game, they will get worse not better

SectumSempra fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Jul 1, 2016

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
PR Balrog is so happy right now. :3:

Lothire
Jan 27, 2007

Rx Suicide emailed me and all I got was this amazingly awesome forum account.

Tortured By Flan

SectumSempra posted:

I mean most characters in this game who don't have v skills that can hit generally build meter faster by being hit than using v skills. fastest ability to build has to be birdie (mainly because he can control it faster with his v skill than most)

It only seemed that way to me, is all. His skill grants him a hit of armor during the use of a special, so that does seem pretty difficult to build v-meter with. Either way I've no idea what would be changed on the guy from now 'till release, but perhaps releasing him in this way might have been Capcom's way of testing the waters. Let the brainy pros figure out what crazy things he has and nerf whatever comes out like they did the betas. Could just be my :tinfoil: speaking though.

I notice I can't seem to find the Survival Colors for sale anywhere. Wasn't that something they were providing with this store update?

e: Servers back down. To sorta ammend my above statement, I was able to buy some Alex colors. 11, 12 and 13. But I couldn't buy any of his story colors or premium outfit colors.

Lothire fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Jul 1, 2016

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Lothire posted:

It only seemed that way to me, is all. His skill grants him a hit of armor during the use of a special, so that does seem pretty difficult to build v-meter with. Either way I've no idea what would be changed on the guy from now 'till release, but perhaps releasing him in this way might have been Capcom's way of testing the waters. Let the brainy pros figure out what crazy things he has and nerf whatever comes out like they did the betas. Could just be my :tinfoil: speaking though.

I notice I can't seem to find the Survival Colors for sale anywhere. Wasn't that something they were providing with this store update?

e: Servers back down. To sorta ammend my above statement, I was able to buy some Alex colors. 11, 12 and 13. But I couldn't buy any of his story colors or premium outfit colors.

11 -15 are available based on character level.

like 50 is 15. This takes a fuckload of online. some diamond and platinum players have them from streams i've seen

3-10 are survival poo poo

Only default costumes have 11-15 because they're "special"

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

from waist up at least, laura actually has the most clothes on in her summer costume

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
i'm not gonna lie, chun's boobs are triggering me in that picture

you're gonna poke someone's eyes out girl

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
Looks like you don't just "get" story mode on the PC version. I had to visit the Steam store page for the DLC and click the Download button to get it registered with my game.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/475230/

Then I had to go to my Steam Library and click the checkbox on the actual DLC package in order to get it to install. It is a separate 7.4 GB download and is NOT part of the 8 GB download that recently came out.

The game should have launched with this. Why does it have to be manually added to the game separately? This is so dumb.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Nalin posted:

Looks like you don't just "get" story mode on the PC version. I had to visit the Steam store page for the DLC and click the Download button to get it registered with my game.

Then I had to go to my Steam Library and click the checkbox on the actual DLC package in order to get it to install. It is a separate 7.4 GB download and is NOT part of the 8 GB download that recently came out.

The game should have launched with this. Why does it have to be manually added to the game separately? This is so dumb.

Capcom is a bad company and has no idea what its doing.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Maybe it's so that tournament setups don't have to spend extra time downloading single player content? Or maybe since that's how it is on PS4 and a lot of console players are often starved for HDD space.

Not even being a smartass but I get why it's like that.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Nalin posted:

Fuuuuuuuuuuck you Capcom. Was hoping since I was gonna get home late and already downloaded that 8 gig patch that i'd be able to gently caress around in it a little for the first time since Alex came out. Guess not. 98 time.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Commissar Ken posted:

Fuuuuuuuuuuck you Capcom. Was hoping since I was gonna get home late and already downloaded that 8 gig patch that i'd be able to gently caress around in it a little for the first time since Alex came out. Guess not. 98 time.

The good news is the PC servers still aren't up!

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
I don't necessarily *dislike* how this Urien plays, but he's so rear end backwards from 3s Urien for the worse IMO.

Like his combos and setups are ridiculously way worse in the corner. Which is not only generally backwards for *any* fighting game character, Urien was pretty much The Corner Guy. EX headbutt being invincible is dumb at the cost of the huge recovery. It seems like the obvious choice for him to extend combos but actually using it in combos adds very little because the recovery limits your options so much.

Not to mention this games whack rear end juggle system that they didn't even bother to open up for The Juggle Guy.

So now The Corner Juggle Guy sucks in the corner and has very few juggles.

bebaloorpabopalo fucked around with this message at 09:31 on Jul 1, 2016

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
i haven't played this game that so long that I thought i was having framerate issues but no it was just the walkspeed is that slow

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
Wow that is really the worst way to install dlc I think I've seen on steam.

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013
:siren: STORY MODE SPOILERS, IN CASE ANYONE CARES :siren: I really thought they would make Necalli meaningful to the plot in some way. They have alluded to him possessing a "hidden genius" or something, so for a while I thought he was going to turn out to be Rashid's hacker friend. Also, why are F.A.N.G. and Rashid alive? I feel like the only significant permadeath was that one Doll, because both Nash and Bison totally survived

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

Ag Bengip posted:

:siren: STORY MODE SPOILERS, IN CASE ANYONE CARES :siren:

There's going to be another season. There's a blank thing in the menu and everything.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

help me, I just spent like $60 on premium battle outfits

It started innocently enough with $5 to get one or two, then I saw Macho Man Zangief and oh god :negative:

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013
^I love Macho Gief, he's probably the best thing about this game

In other costume news, Capcom couldn't figure out 'Leġes' for Sean's basketball jersey

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

To be fair, some of that money went towards new stages and characters.

it was worth it

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
Nice to see that battle lounges are still mostly broken and I still need to spend 20+ minutes kicking people because they don't live in europe but ready up regardless.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

Nice to see that battle lounges are still mostly broken and I still need to spend 20+ minutes kicking people because they don't live in europe but ready up regardless.

they're never going to fix any technical problems they're just gonna wave new characters in your face

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
Ibuki seems fun.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
Story mode was pretty great. I beat up a police officer named Peter as Cammy.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Nalin posted:

Story mode was pretty great. I beat up a police officer named Peter as Cammy.

Peter is the greatest character of all time.

F.A.N.G is probably the best thing about the story mode. Also Karin pretty much slapping everyone around at her whims.

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants
So, are the servers down right now, or is this my own personal problem?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

nickmeister posted:

poo poo was working okay for me (on PC).

also oh my god rog's low rush is a command fuckin' normal

why

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

nickmeister posted:

I think they are at capacity or something. I had to retry the login a couple times before I got in.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

Goetta posted:

I think they are at capacity or something. I had to retry the login a couple times before I got in.

My god, SFV is back in the top 100 on steam.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
So what the hell was Juri doing in the story? She's just kinda there all "Look at me I'm still being an rear end in a top hat!" but she doesn't exactly do anything that evil. She's working with Rashid (noted coolguy) and Nash (who just wants to slap the mess out of Bison). And yeah, they all are working under Urien, but he just shows up behind people a few times, calls them idiots, and saunters off with a hand in his pocket. Thinking about it, a lot of people are just around and not actually doing anything/explaining their own motives.

Zangief was amazing throughout. I don't care what his business was outside of flexing at people and hiding poo poo in his chest hair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

ChibiSoma posted:

So what the hell was Juri doing in the story? She's just kinda there all "Look at me I'm still being an rear end in a top hat!" but she doesn't exactly do anything that evil. She's working with Rashid (noted coolguy) and Nash (who just wants to slap the mess out of Bison). And yeah, they all are working under Urien, but he just shows up behind people a few times, calls them idiots, and saunters off with a hand in his pocket. Thinking about it, a lot of people are just around and not actually doing anything/explaining their own motives.

Zangief was amazing throughout. I don't care what his business was outside of flexing at people and hiding poo poo in his chest hair.

urien is a stream monster