Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Gort posted:

A tory MP is promising to castrate Gove:

https://twitter.com/flashboy/status/748858483550937090

I guess that makes Ben Wallace Ramsay Bolton

He wasn't using it very well anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Gort posted:

A tory MP is promising to castrate Gove:
Good news for Sarah Vine.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Gonzo McFee posted:

He wasn't using it very well anyway.

Brutal.

Pork Lift
Oct 9, 2007

Winner of the 2012
:dong: Highway Traffic :dong:
Prediction Razzies

Probably been posted a jillion times by now but one of my customers sent me this link today

http://thebrexitplan.com/

It... its good to laugh

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Hmm, how shall I post today?

Megaspel posted:

What's everyone's opinions on the Lib Dems? They've been a butt of some jokes for a while but they don't seem so bad, and they've contributed plenty to the UK. They seem to be gaining traction as people become angry with the Tories and Labour seem to be rejecting Corbyn, who could be seen as a symbol for further left views.

:clegg:

OvineYeast
Jul 16, 2007

Freiheit ist immer Freiheit der Andersdenkenden
https://twitter.com/Louis_Allday/status/748507604586999809

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Let's all contemplate the Labour Brexit strategy:
  • End to free movement
  • No second referendum
  • No UK citizen in Europe or EU citizen in the UK loses any rights
  • Continued access to the free market
  • London retains access to EU financial market, including passporting

Sounds great

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

Barry the Sprout posted:

In the interests of Correct Facts, Bella Sankey is the current director of Liberty. Shami Chakrabarti stood down earlier this year.

lol! Bella made director of Liberty? Nice! I used to know her when she worked in legal at Comsec

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
We're hosed

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

• End to free movement
  • No second referendum

Sounds great

Totally unacceptable, where's my drat Unicorn.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

vodkat posted:

What madness is this, the fanatically market worshiping Gove is attacking the bankers whilst Little Red Book loving McDonnoll is busy sticking up for there interests :psyduck:

The structural problems that come from having large, powerful international banks will remain if they go to France or Germany; it's just we will neither get the tax money from them nor be able to regulate them. Aiming to keep them in Britain is the only sensible choice.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Deptfordx posted:

Totally unacceptable, where's my drat Unicorn.

I'm pretty sure Scotland gets to keep their national animal when they secede

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Pounded In The Butt By The Ever Changing Treachery of Right Wing Neoliberalism by Chuck Gove

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

MrL_JaKiri posted:

The structural problems that come from having large, powerful international banks will remain if they go to France or Germany; it's just we will neither get the tax money from them nor be able to regulate them. Aiming to keep them in Britain is the only sensible choice.

Don't forget to stretch after these acrobatics friend :rolleyes:

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

• End to free movement
  • No second referendum

Sounds great

Still not gonna happen though. There's no way that the EU is giving the UK free market access without freedom of movement.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:

Verizian posted:

Until they get rid of all the Polish people. As was posted in the June thread there's been people singing on the streets about kicking out the gays after they've finished with the Poles.

Violence is already happening and it will get worse as they get bored with just singing.

Can I point out that this is because "gays" was the only thing they could think of that vaguely rhymes with "waves", rather than any active homophobic vendetta.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
The Tories are already preparing for the Jew-baiting that always comes in times of economic turmoil. The (frankly disgusting) campaign against Ed Miliband last year was a rehearsal.

HJB posted:

Can I point out that this is because "gays" was the only thing they could think of that vaguely rhymes with "waves", rather than any active homophobic vendetta.

Genuine lol if you don't think the fash will turn on gay people.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Friendly Humour posted:

Still not gonna happen though. There's no way that the EU is giving the UK free market access without freedom of movement.

Really? Here I was, thinking this guy was the shining bright light of realpolitik we sorely needed

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

HJB posted:

'Daves' is a better rhyme and doesn't come with the historical inferences or being a poo poo person.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

• End to free movement
  • No second referendum

Sounds great

John McDonnell posted:

I was stating the formal reality as it stands - not talking about Labour's position on free movement

From the exact loving article you linked to for Christ's sake

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

Don't forget to stretch after these acrobatics friend :rolleyes:

So do you have reasons to disagree with what I said

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Really? Here I was, thinking this guy was the shining bright light of realpolitik we sorely needed

I'm sure he is, but the problem is the attitude of the Europeans, which can be roughly summarized in "gently caress Britain". There's very little incentive to be considerate towards British interests at this point, and the longer the government's vacillating about not invoking article 50 goes on, the more this sentiment is going to grow among the leadership.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Guavanaut posted:

'Daves' is a better rhyme and doesn't come with the historical inferences or being a poo poo person.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
That's pretty good but nothing tops the used car salesman cover of New Britain.

BrutalistMcDonalds fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Jul 1, 2016

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Friendly Humour posted:

I'm sure he is, but the problem is the attitude of the Europeans, which can be roughly summarized in "gently caress Britain". There's very little incentive to be considerate towards British interests at this point, and the longer the government's vacillating about not invoking article 50 goes on, the more this sentiment is going to grow among the leadership.

I think I can speak for all Europeans when I say we welcome his solidly pragmatic proposition of "brits get what they want need voted for gently caress you just tell me what the papers want to hear"

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
I mean if they picked a word that doesn't actually rhyme with "waves" I imagine they probably mean it.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Exactly, send them home.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

MrL_JaKiri posted:

So do you have reasons to disagree with what I said

Not really, I just think you could write "because money lol" with less carpal tunnel strain

Prince John
Jun 20, 2006

Oh, poppycock! Female bandits?

Wikkheiser posted:

That's pretty good but nothing tops the used car salesman cover of New Britain.

That looks like a Private Eye cover at a quick glance.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Not really, I just think you could write "because money lol" with less carpal tunnel strain

who the hell bought you that av

i drew that ages ago and it keeps turning up places

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

Megaspel posted:

What's everyone's opinions on the Lib Dems? They've been a butt of some jokes for a while but they don't seem so bad, and they've contributed plenty to the UK. They seem to be gaining traction as people become angry with the Tories and Labour seem to be rejecting Corbyn, who could be seen as a symbol for further left views.

Lib Dems are that kid in school who really wants everyone to like them and will do anything to prove it, not realizing that neediness is why no one likes them in the first place.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Can we call the current labour situation "the war of the roses"?

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
Its okay guys those lads were only singing about getting rid of all the gays because it was a good rhyme. They didn't mean anything by it. It was jus a bit of bantz~

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

Oh, I thought I cared about bank regulation but thanks for letting me know that I actually don't

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Kurtofan posted:

war of the rosettes

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Kurtofan posted:

Dickhead of Pork Gave Referendum in Vain

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:

Oberleutnant posted:

Its okay guys those lads were only singing about getting rid of all the gays because it was a good rhyme. They didn't mean anything by it. It was jus a bit of bantz~

You people are incorrigible.

Joda
Apr 24, 2010

When I'm off, I just like to really let go and have fun, y'know?

Fun Shoe

Friendly Humour posted:

Yeah, that deal would be lopsided as hell in favour of the UK, and you don't have any bargaining chips or goodwill left in the EU at this point.

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat

Junior G-man posted:

Hey, you should probably take 20 minutes of your life not to talk about Michael Gove and Corbae to watch this very interesting interview with Mark Blyth (A Good Egg) about neoliberalism, european economics, Greece and Brexit.

It's good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGvZil0qWPg

I like the bit at 11 minutes where he says people will come for those who live in the Hamptons and he just has a straight face while everyone laughs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laradus
Feb 16, 2011

Bedshaped posted:

I like the bit at 11 minutes where he says people will come for those who live in the Hamptons and he just has a straight face while everyone laughs.

I enjoyed this when it surfaced last month - it was interesting. He raises points about Scottish independence too.

And I know that facists just love our fabulous selves (but are concerned about further flooding from God when we do heathen things like allow Gay Marriage.)

I may be incorrigible, but i'm also alive and healthy, two things that gay people and fash tend to disagree on.

• Locked thread