Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

Baron Snow posted:

I was pretty sure that game came out in the 80s and was called Teenagers From Outer Space.

Beat me to it.

It was essentially an American interpretation of old harem anime and was very much inspired by Urusei Yatsura, so it depended a lot on how amusing you find that sort of thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
I am starting to worry about Will Hindmarch.

This KS seems to be doing bad things to his state of mind. :(

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I'm amazed anyone gave him money again after Always:Never:Now. A year and change of silence waiting for what turned out to be a 32-page game.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...
Ninja High School is lovely whether or not it is anime and Ben Dunn once swiped $20 from me at a con.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

SpikeMcclane posted:

Ninja High School is lovely whether or not it is anime and Ben Dunn once swiped $20 from me at a con.

Ahahaha, what. This sounds like a story. Please share it.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Roland Jones posted:

Seconded

InShaneee
Aug 11, 2006

Cleanse them. Cleanse the world of their ignorance and sin. Bathe them in the crimson of ... am I on speakerphone?
Fun Shoe

dwarf74 posted:

I am starting to worry about Will Hindmarch.

This KS seems to be doing bad things to his state of mind. :(

For those that can't see it: he says he's been having panic attacks, then literally begs people to stop asking for refunds because they'll be coming out of his own pocket if too many people ask.

Still no release date given, of course, and it'll be two years late in August.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

InShaneee posted:

For those that can't see it: he says he's been having panic attacks, then literally begs people to stop asking for refunds because they'll be coming out of his own pocket if too many people ask.

Still no release date given, of course, and it'll be two years late in August.
Oh, I didn't realize that was a Backers-Only update. Whoops. :shobon:

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...

Roland Jones posted:

Sorry, but it's a better hook than story. It was also about 15 years ago. He had a booth, I paid him for some stuff that was supposedly in a box (I no longer remember what, but I'm assuming prints from someone that's a better artist than him). He looked for a moment and then insisted that I did't pay, even though there was a decent number of witnesses letting him know that he did take my money.

Actually, there is a fun side: I was on the board for that con and he got banned.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

SpikeMcclane posted:

Sorry, but it's a better hook than story. It was also about 15 years ago. He had a booth, I paid him for some stuff that was supposedly in a box (I no longer remember what, but I'm assuming prints from someone that's a better artist than him). He looked for a moment and then insisted that I did't pay, even though there was a decent number of witnesses letting him know that he did take my money.

Actually, there is a fun side: I was on the board for that con and he got banned.

I think it's a good story, really. Also hilarious. Thanks for sharing.

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.
The Unknown Armies Backerkit is finally live.

Yay, I get to spend more money!

Edit: Oof, that's why I only bought digital versions. $65 to ship that 3-book set? What the gently caress.

Peas and Rice fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Jun 30, 2016

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
I was looking at almost one and a half times the cost of the dice pack to ship it to Canada. I know shipping is horrible these days, but still.

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?

Peas and Rice posted:

The Unknown Armies Backerkit is finally live.

Yay, I get to spend more money!

Edit: Oof, that's why I only bought digital versions. $65 to ship that 3-book set? What the gently caress.

I'm American! How dare they charge me like I'm...European or something.

(seriously wtf)

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

I went into my backerkit for the printed version and it said P&P to the UK was only 20 dollars. But I already pledged the additional 65. What the hell.

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

It'll make sense, eventually.
I'm not even taking a look at current :poland: shipping costs. I am painfully aware how much more money I'd throw at this dumb game I won't play once in my lifetime.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

SpikeMcclane posted:

Ninja High School was generally just a product of unabashed early anime fandom, so once all the stuff it was swiping from became widely available in America it became more than a bit redundant.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
For those who backed Red Markets, the preview package has been released.

EverettLO
Jul 2, 2007
I'm a lurker no more

And for those who backed Timewatch(!) the PDFs dropped. They've been better about information in the past year but it still seemed like something to linger on forever.

Now my most overdue KS is 13th Age Glorantha. That one has been kind of disappointing seeing as we're a year overdue without any real explanation.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

EverettLO posted:

And for those who backed Timewatch(!) the PDFs dropped. They've been better about information in the past year but it still seemed like something to linger on forever.

Now my most overdue KS is 13th Age Glorantha. That one has been kind of disappointing seeing as we're a year overdue without any real explanation.

Thanks for this. Gmail decided this was a "Promotion" and filed it away from me.

Why Pelgrane isn't just using RPGnow I have no idea, but I got my pdfs.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

oh yeah should mention that the Star Bastards digital rewards have been emailed out to anyone who backed it. If you haven't received anything PM or email me or some such.

I'm still waiting on Westfalia's halfmen miniatures, i wanted some hobbit knights riding on goats and i've been waiting for what feels like a year for the things.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

The Millennium Blades reprint Kickstarter is up. There are no edition changes, even though a few cards do need some errata, and there are a couple mini expansions for people who already have stuff. The game is really, really fun and is apparently sold out, so this at least guarantees you a copy.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

GrandpaPants posted:

The Millennium Blades reprint Kickstarter is up. There are no edition changes, even though a few cards do need some errata, and there are a couple mini expansions for people who already have stuff. The game is really, really fun and is apparently sold out, so this at least guarantees you a copy.

Some/all? fixed cards will be included in the Rotation Set expansion.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Macrocosm's Chaos Scrunt KS is live and already funded - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2076383099/dark-dwarves - could be useful if you want an Abyssal Dwarf army but hate Mantic's figures.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

If you have any inclination at all about kickstarting Petersen Games' (of Cthulhu Wars fame) Gods War, sign up here for a free figure (if you Kickstart for at least $125): http://petersengames.com/the-gods-wars-kickstarter-sign-up/

simonwolf
Oct 29, 2011
My copy of Scythe arrived and man oh man is it pretty. Also: incredibly heavy! I can't wait to put it on my shelf and never play it.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

dwarf74 posted:

Why Pelgrane isn't just using RPGnow I have no idea, but I got my pdfs.

Well, it gives them a much deeper cut of the profits, at the cost of their customers' convenience.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

GrandpaPants posted:

If you have any inclination at all about kickstarting Petersen Games' (of Cthulhu Wars fame) Gods War, sign up here for a free figure (if you Kickstart for at least $125): http://petersengames.com/the-gods-wars-kickstarter-sign-up/

That's a really nice sculpt. Pity I don't want The Gods War.

It should be noted that the $125 pledge is the one that gives you the base game.

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Last of the freelance hackers and
Greatest swordfighter in the world
This is an interesting idea: an RPG where players can't talk.

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.
The Runequest Classic books have gone out, and are the most ridiculous over-engineered wrapping ever, since they came in a mailing envelope inside a box, inside bubblewrap inside a slightly larger box.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Finally, a game that caters to my crippling social anxiety.

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.
Is it normal to get a Backerkit reminder every 24 hours for a Kickstarter you haven't closed out yet? drat that's annoying.

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that

Apparently they have done multiple games in this line before, so maybe this is already known. Is this designed for a specific campaign path? I know many/most rpgs come with a defined setting, but this seems to be entirely based around a single campaign, with multiple references throughout to set challenges that sound more like a series of modules rather than a toolkit to create your own adventures. There's nothing wrong with that if true, I just want to be sure what they're doing.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
Oh poo poo

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Holy poo poo Reaper is doing dungeon terrain? If I still had face to face games I would be all over that.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Are they doing dungeon terrain in Bonesium?

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

It looks like they're advising Secret Weapon on making modular bonesium dungeons. Looks promising!

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
I have some of their currently available modular terrain in resin. It's rad and this looks to be rad and cost-effective as well!

Zurui
Apr 20, 2005
Even now...

Cross-post from the Boardgame thread:

Mega64 posted:

Neat-looking Kickstarter by the guy who did Scrappy Reviews, one of the better-received video reviewers here. The concept looks interesting enough at least, and there is a Print and Play available as well.

Dunno if I'll back it myself since I don't play many 2-player games, but doesn't seem too shabby for a quick 2-player game. But then again, Kickstarter game and all that.

I love the concept but the "close up of eyes" art style is really turning me off.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Zurui posted:

Cross-post from the Boardgame thread:

I love the concept but the "close up of eyes" art style is really turning me off.
I think it looks pretty strategic and not too pricey. I'm hoping it reaches funding, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

moths posted:

It looks like they're advising Secret Weapon on making modular bonesium dungeons. Looks promising!

If they're broadly compatible with any of the Dwarven Forge sets, but at a bonesium fraction of the price, these things are going to catch fire.