Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

EvanTH posted:

Was Mayo considered a superstar prospect at the front of his career? I feel like I seen folks call him the "greatest high school player of all time" but eh not a great memory on me
Definitely as a high schooler. Didn't have a ~great~ showing in college but still went 3rd in a good draft year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Gendo spent literally years raging at the TWolves for taking Kevin Love over Mayo.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

https://twitter.com/CBSSports/status/748943960995930114

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I used to be obsessed with getting OJ Mayo on the Kings because I thought he'd be a great fit next to Tyreke Evans. That whole sentence just made me sad.

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

me after seeing mozgovs contract

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
I'm not really feelin' anything about the DeRozan resigning. Maybe next year Masai will do something to try and get better in order to actually compete with the Cavs. :shrug:

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
https://twitter.com/LifeOfTonyD35/status/748947598308831232

Durant's brother lol

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

IcePhoenix posted:

He's saying they won't have enough cap space to offer two max contracts next offseason, just one

Unless the idea is that the Lakers were just going to not sign anyone at all despite only having one rookie second round draft pick as a center on their roster, this was going to be the case anyway. As it stands, if they do nothing else they'll have ~45 next year.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Meanwhile, the Mavs think they are in position to turn away player.
https://twitter.com/fishsports/status/748948190049636352

Does Mozgov make more in this deal than everyone in the pic's career earnings except Shaq combined?

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:
How did the insanity of Mosgov's contract happen and then the reasonableness of Lin and Jefferson happen?

What a let down.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Vlade trade Koufos to Dallas for one of their guards that will turn back into a pumpkin without Carlisle to coach them

TheShazbot
Feb 20, 2011

if the kings were smart, they'd make a toxic offer to allen crabbe who would fit well and destroy whatever portland is planning

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Anyone who doesn't like Biyombo is soulless IMO.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

is mozgov going to start

homphgomph
Nov 23, 2007

So that's what that feels like

Lessail posted:

I'm not really feelin' anything about the DeRozan resigning. Maybe next year Masai will do something to try and get better in order to actually compete with the Cavs. :shrug:

This seems like a "keep everyone together" year unless they can deal Ross or Patterson.

Not hearing much about Biyombo makes me think he really meant he wanted to stay and money "can always be worked out" :unsmith:

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

TheShazbot posted:

if the kings were smart, they'd make a toxic offer to allen crabbe who would fit well and destroy whatever portland is planning

Why would a bottom of the barrel team care about sabotaging whatever a borderline playoff team is planning? Why would we even think Portland is"planning" anything other than hoping anyone will accept their money?

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Shear Modulus posted:

is mozgov going to start
Yeah.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Dejan Bimble posted:

Codeine & promethazine cough syrup, mixed with soda pop, sometimes with liquor, it makes chopped and screwed music sound good
leaving out the most important ingredient and the garnish: jolly ranchers

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Spacebump posted:

Does Mozgov make more in this deal than everyone in the pic's career earnings except Shaq combined?

http://nesn.com/2010/05/sports-legends-salaries-may-surprise-you/

Adam Morrison made more than they all did combined.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Shear Modulus posted:

is mozgov going to start

Its him or Tarik Black, so yeah

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

what did he say

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
My summer has been way too sober so far. I'm inspired to take the NBA banned drug bucket challenge

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

This thread should be called WHO WANTS TO MAX BIYOMBO

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

homphgomph posted:

This seems like a "keep everyone together" year unless they can deal Ross or Patterson.

Not hearing much about Biyombo makes me think he really meant he wanted to stay and money "can always be worked out" :unsmith:

I still think the Raptors have to pick up a PF since I'm assuming Scola's gone. I made an effort post about it yesterday that got buried behind pages of MOZGOV.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Someone tell me about this man tia

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

straight up brolic posted:

leaving out the most important ingredient and the garnish: jolly ranchers

what you know about them jolly ranchers make it tasty/Frayser Boy, swisha house you know me gettin wasted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jye0UmKp3Kk

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Austin Rivers to have a meeting with Portland. I'll buy you an updated av Kibner!

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

zelah posted:

Austin Rivers to have a meeting with Portland. I'll buy you an updated av Kibner!
lmao

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Big news out of Dallas

https://twitter.com/dallasmavs/status/748952070355427328

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne

"can anyone put me in contact with OJ mayo"

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

R.D. Mangles posted:

This thread should be called WHO WANTS TO MAX BIYOMBO

yea

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

DOOP posted:

Someone tell me about this man tia

Ok backup guard who scores around 10 points a game no matter how much he plays, but he has a few good games every season.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Terry Glenn posted:

"can anyone put me in contact with OJ mayo"

Rick posted:

Ok backup guard who scores around 10 points a game no matter how much he plays, but he has a few good games every season.

He's also a decent playmaker and can hit threes at an efficient clip but he always seems to have nagging injuries

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Kd dropped his allergy medicine apparently

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Spacebump posted:

Oh.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Bucks and Teletovic, 3 years and $30 million.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Redgrendel2001 posted:

I like that, they need his three in the worst way

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Smart.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

3/~30 is the new adequate borderline starter non star salary I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Redgrendel2001 posted:

good pickup. can't think of a central team the bulls are currently better than

• Locked thread