Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

You usually spend 2-5 turns getting rid of your stress after the initial attack anyway. This is where you just bump until you clear. It's fine. I managed to take care of stress-ghosts and X-wings during regionals in this manner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
Also 3 K-wings is dead now that you don't get double tactician from TLTs.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

canyoneer posted:

At that point, after Dengar has performed his attack against an uncloaked Whisper, Whisper cannot activate Gunner because we're now on Step 9 of Dengar's attack, and gunner's trigger is "after attacking"

So I think it would actually go like this:

DENGAR has initiative

1) Whisper shoots Dengar, misses giving an option to trigger Gunner later.

2) Step 8 happens, Whisper chooses to trigger FCS to gain a target lock, does not trigger ACD so that he can use Gunner in Step 9.

3) Step 9 happens, Dengar triggers first, performs his full pilot ability attack. This attack ends.

4) We then go back to Step 9 of the first attack made by Whisper. Whisper now triggers gunner since Dengar has no more things to trigger.

5) Whisper makes his second attack thanks to Gunner. Go to Step 8 of this second attack.

6) Whisper gets another target lock from FCS, and now triggers ACD as he cannot make a further attack this turn.

If Whisper had init, it would be reversed. It'd get to use Gunner and then cloak off that attack before Dengar fired his pilot ability shot.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

The Gate posted:

So I think it would actually go like this:

DENGAR has initiative

1) Whisper shoots Dengar, misses giving an option to trigger Gunner later.

2) Step 8 happens, Whisper chooses to trigger FCS to gain a target lock, does not trigger ACD so that he can use Gunner in Step 9.

3) Step 9 happens, Dengar triggers first, performs his full pilot ability attack. This attack ends.

4) We then go back to Step 9 of the first attack made by Whisper. Whisper now triggers gunner since Dengar has no more things to trigger.

5) Whisper makes his second attack thanks to Gunner. Go to Step 8 of this second attack.

6) Whisper gets another target lock from FCS, and now triggers ACD as he cannot make a further attack this turn.

If Whisper had init, it would be reversed. It'd get to use Gunner and then cloak off that attack before Dengar fired his pilot ability shot.

Although intuitive, the thing that throws me is the flowchart arrow on the left that sends you back to the beginning for resolving an ability from step 9.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

I love Overclocked Scouts when running my Decimator with Rebel Captive. I've played ~6 games against various 2x and 3x scout lists, and I won every single one that had OC Scouts in the mix. I lost most of the ones with Agromech.

I can typically bump one, denying a shot entirely. Depending on layout, I may or may not be out of arc for another. The first to shoot is probably going to get double-stressed, denying its torpedo the next turn. Potentially even multi-stressed if they used the Overclocked mech on defense.

The decimator can absolutely eat a torpedo a round over several rounds. Gives me more than enough time to nuke one of those stupid boats to the ground. Once one is gone, it's even easier to dodge/bump.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Also wow that change to spending multiple tokens nerfs Lando crew pretty hard. He was already bad but now there's like no reason to take him at all. :(

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

ConfusedUs posted:

Also wow that change to spending multiple tokens nerfs Lando crew pretty hard. He was already bad but now there's like no reason to take him at all. :(

I guess if it's down to 1v1 late game he's less good, but most of the match you're likely to be shot at more than once per turn.

I mean he's pretty terrible either way but it's a pretty minor nerf because it's not like Lando ever rolled double evades when it was useful anyway :v:

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Luke, Han and Leia can get fixes in the new Falcon pack. Hopefully Lando gets a fix in a Rebels pack :shobon:

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

alg posted:

New faq

Gonk works exactly as we thought it should.

Does this mean we can Ptl for both actions?

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

zVxTeflon posted:

Does this mean we can Ptl for both actions?
No :v:

But you can EI :)

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006
To be clear, PtL is actions in your action bar, which is why you can't Gonk twice in a turn (or round????).

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

canyonero posted:

To be clear, PtL is actions in your action bar, which is why you can't Gonk twice in a turn (or round????).

Unless you have experimental interface of course

BOGO LOAD
Jul 1, 2004

"You know I always had trouble really chewing the fat with my pops. Just listen to him..."
And waffle the stress from EI for a net gain of zero.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
lol MWG retain their amazing record of not reading cards by not reading Tactician this time and thinking it's dependent on hitting AND forgetting that it needs the ship to be in arc to trigger. gently caress's sake.

EnjoiThePureTrip
Apr 16, 2011

I'm very confused about the double token ruling. What was the reasoning for that?

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

EnjoiThePureTrip posted:

I'm very confused about the double token ruling. What was the reasoning for that?

Triple stacking evade tokens on a Lando crew Falcon was annoying I guess?

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

EnjoiThePureTrip posted:

My best guess is to stop people from doing R4 Agro RecSpec and just burning a spare focus for a TL on Jumps. Also to unify the ruleset so that there's no instance where you can activate the same ability twice in one attack.

And yeah, evade stacked Falcons are still a giant pain in the arse.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?
So does Colonel Vessery still work now?

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Devlan Mud posted:

So does Colonel Vessery still work now?

Yes. The FAQ even says as much, if you read his entry.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

thespaceinvader posted:

lol MWG retain their amazing record of not reading cards by not reading Tactician this time and thinking it's dependent on hitting AND forgetting that it needs the ship to be in arc to trigger. gently caress's sake.

It makes me wonder if they're this bad at other games on their channel.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

AndyElusive posted:

The other games are GW stuff, and getting the rules right is probably considered a dirty tryhard tactic.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
That flowchart in the new FAQ looks like a bad example from an Operations Management class.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

enigmahfc posted:

That flowchart in the new FAQ looks like a bad example from an Operations Management class.

My favorite part is that they made a big new flowchart for resolving attacks and failed to put in steps for rolling the dice.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
When these FAQs come out, do you guys use them immediately or say, casually? I generally play at my FLGS once a week - it's not a league but just XWING dudes hanging out and getting in some matches.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Ringo Star Get posted:

When these FAQs come out, do you guys use them immediately or say, casually? I generally play at my FLGS once a week - it's not a league but just XWING dudes hanging out and getting in some matches.

I'll point out things (but still let them slide) that are now incorrect under a new FAQ but used to be legit for a couple matches before actually "enforcing" it. Most people will say "oh, that's not legal anymore?" and redo

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

AndyElusive posted:

Corbeau told me their Infinity videos are even worse.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

Some Numbers posted:

Corbeau told me their Infinity videos are even worse.

Yuuuup. I remember when I got into Infinity, I watched their first video on it, then read the rules, and was like, "Wait a minute..."

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Hey Strobe when does the next TTS week start? I need to put together a list.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

ConfusedUs posted:

Hey Strobe when does the next TTS week start? I need to put together a list.

Technically, it starts this weekend, but I'm still waiting on a bunch of games from the last couple weeks.

The Gate versus Deviant
The Gate versus Major Isoor
Langolas versus Deviant

Talas versus General Battuta
ro5s versus siggy2021

Aramoro versus canyonero

If those games have already been played somewhere, please repost them here because I missed them.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Strobe posted:

Technically, it starts this weekend, but I'm still waiting on a bunch of games from the last couple weeks.

The Gate versus Deviant
Langolas versus Deviant

Talas versus General Battuta
ro5s versus siggy2021

Aramoro versus canyonero

If those games have already been played somewhere, please repost them here because I missed them.

I'll send you a PM with my next league list.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
My record-keeping is awful for this week apparently, because both of the Pool Two games are actually done and I had those results already. Still waiting for all of the Pool One stuff, as well as Aramoro versus canyonero.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Take your time, I haven't thought of a new Dumb Gimmick List yet.

Edit: Speaking of, Christ the generic Starvipers are so bad. Torpedo, mod and a unique title for your 25 points. You can't even make a proper 3 ship build!

Admiral Joeslop fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Jul 2, 2016

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Devlan Mud posted:

My favorite part is that they made a big new flowchart for resolving attacks and failed to put in steps for rolling the dice.

Aren't those the big colored boxes with "Roll Attack Dice step" in the red one and "Roll Defense Dice step" in the green one?

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

AndyElusive posted:

Aren't those the big colored boxes with "Roll Attack Dice step" in the red one and "Roll Defense Dice step" in the green one?

Correct, but it seems rather odd to me to replace the actual rolling dice part with an arrow instead of text saying 'now you roll the dice.'

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Ringo Star Get posted:

We try to keep our understanding of the rules tourney legal because a LOT of us play tournaments, whether we're practicing for them or otherwise at the time getting into bad habits is a bad plan.

It's gonna be an interesting game night this week though, this changes a whole bunch of common things significantly which will be tough to remember.

And annoyingly, I only printed out the previous FAQ quite recently, and my printer is now dead and gently caress the cost of printer ink. Not sure when I'ma be able to get a copy of the current one printed.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Strobe posted:

Just about to start this! I'm hosting a server called SA TR-8R Memorial 'wangfest with the password as lljk

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Take your time, I haven't thought of a new Dumb Gimmick List yet.

Edit: Speaking of, Christ the generic Starvipers are so bad. Torpedo, mod and a unique title for your 25 points. You can't even make a proper 3 ship build!

It's like an E-wing but worse!

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
Alright well, The Gate mopped the floor with my Deci+Whisper list (Vader must've been dozing - didn't get to use him once, as the Decimator died almost immediately, it seems) and won 100-24. I think I'm forever cursed with dice results in TTS; they're all terrible for me, compared to IRL where they're normally quite good! I suppose it evens out, heh :v:

Also, what do you think about this list? I'm trying to make use of ImpVets (+only have two Defenders), to see how the new pilots and upgrades go:

quote:

Maarek Stele (TIE Defender) — TIE Defender 35
Adaptability 0
"Mangler" Cannon 4
Ship Total: 39

Rexler Brath — TIE Defender 37
Juke 2
TIE/x7 -2
Ship Total: 37

"Deathfire" — TIE Bomber 17
Fleet Officer 3
Systems Officer 2
Twin Ion Engine Mk. II 1
TIE Shuttle 0
Ship Total: 23

Grand Total: 99

Note: I only took Deathfire so that I'd avoid getting the full effect of Predator against him. 1pt seems reasonable, to safeguard against it while Stele and Brath do all the heavy-lifting.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Major Isoor posted:

Alright well, The Gate mopped the floor with my Deci+Whisper list (Vader must've been dozing - didn't get to use him once, as the Decimator died almost immediately, it seems) and won 100-24. I think I'm forever cursed with dice results in TTS; they're all terrible for me, compared to IRL where they're normally quite good! I suppose it evens out, heh :v:

Also, what do you think about this list? I'm trying to make use of ImpVets (+only have two Defenders), to see how the new pilots and upgrades go:

Note: I only took Deathfire so that I'd avoid getting the full effect of Predator against him. 1pt seems reasonable, to safeguard against it while Stele and Brath do all the heavy-lifting.

Deathfire isn't worth bothering with, init bid is better.

Mangler isn't worrth it. Take TIE/D and Ion or Tractor if you want a cannon, or /x7 if not. Banking on Maarek's ability to that extent is a really bad idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

thespaceinvader posted:

Deathfire isn't worth bothering with, init bid is better.

Mangler isn't worrth it. Take TIE/D and Ion or Tractor if you want a cannon, or /x7 if not. Banking on Maarek's ability to that extent is a really bad idea.

Hmm, OK then - I might need to go back and revise the list in the morning, whe I have a clearer head. Thanks for the feedback

• Locked thread