Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Anyone know if that deep dungeon or whatever in the next patch is going to be of any use for XP purposes? I've got a few classes left but I don't want to do the fate/LLDR grinder right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

Ciaphas posted:

Anyone know if that deep dungeon or whatever in the next patch is going to be of any use for XP purposes? I've got a few classes left but I don't want to do the fate/LLDR grinder right now
You have a separate deep dungeon level. They've said that some of the exp you get in the deep dungeon will persist outside of it, but I'm not sure how much/whether it would be enough for a legitimate leveling method.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

You have a separate deep dungeon level. They've said that some of the exp you get in the deep dungeon will persist outside of it, but I'm not sure how much/whether it would be enough for a legitimate leveling method.

Deep Dungeon also has it's own unique weapons that you will use (the previews show them all bright and glowy) that are specific to that dungeon but after whatever mechanic they designed for that place can be used outside said dungeon.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

Leofish posted:

I paid the three bucks for the new summer shorts, mostly because I liked the sash on the front. Fair warning: the sash goes away if you wear any shirt that goes anywhere near the belt line. I was hoping it'd still hang out, even with short enough tops like the Riviera doublet or even the DoW puffy-style shirts.

Oh well.

Just a note, a lot of the stuff in the cash shop is previous event items they eventually sell for folks who missed them. If you are curious how outfits look in game ask your FC, plenty of people probably have them stashed away and can link the pieces for you to try on.

TheShadowAvatar
Nov 25, 2004

Ain't Nothing But A Family Thing

Tortolia posted:

Just a note, a lot of the stuff in the cash shop is previous event items they eventually sell for folks who missed them. If you are curious how outfits look in game ask your FC, plenty of people probably have them stashed away and can link the pieces for you to try on.

Also pretty sure that some of it goes onto the NPC vendor when the event comes up. And the even that gives the bathing suits comes out in... I think the end of July early August? So if you wait it might be as simple as doing more of the FATE grinding.

brokenknee
Aug 3, 2014

A Spider Covets posted:

also thanks for everyone who helped my drunk butt out with dungeons last night!! it was fun (this is sweet bee)

Stark here. You're welcome.

Also, gently caress I hate the UNID slog. It's to the point that I'm honestly willing to forego the fat stacks of gil that I'd be getting buying glass fiber just to get those 2 extra pieces of UNID garbage a week.

Xenoveritas
May 9, 2010
Dinosaur Gum

TheShadowAvatar posted:

Also pretty sure that some of it goes onto the NPC vendor when the event comes up. And the even that gives the bathing suits comes out in... I think the end of July early August? So if you wait it might be as simple as doing more of the FATE grinding.

I think they've mostly stopped doing that. They did that first the first set of events during the first year of ARR, but that was to let people get the event items that were in the 1.0 version of events. The last set of events seem to have stopped doing that.

brokenknee
Aug 3, 2014

Xenoveritas posted:

I think they've mostly stopped doing that. They did that first the first set of events during the first year of ARR, but that was to let people get the event items that were in the 1.0 version of events. The last set of events seem to have stopped doing that.

I think you can still get some of the stuff from that vendor if you look under one of the other options. The catch is you have to have participated in the event (I assume the seasonal event achievement is the lock) to qualify for those items.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

DolphinCop posted:

if you ever feel tempted to get on some teen's case about whatever meme streamer lp whatever poo poo they get into, just remember that this is where your tastes were at when you were thirteen years old

Albinoblacksheep.com was the poo poo back in the early 2000s.

Xenoveritas
May 9, 2010
Dinosaur Gum

brokenknee posted:

I think you can still get some of the stuff from that vendor if you look under one of the other options. The catch is you have to have participated in the event (I assume the seasonal event achievement is the lock) to qualify for those items.

There's a separate vendor next to the Calamity Salvager that can sell you back event items which they added this patch, so presumably anything like that will be there going forward. The Calamity Salvager used to sell old event items.

I really wish you could link to specific parts of the patch notes, but it's:

quote:

[2.0] A new NPC named Recompense Officer has been added next to the calamity salvager in each city, from whom you can repurchase seasonal event items.

* Seasonal event items previously sold by the calamity salvager can now be purchased by the recompense officer.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Evil Fluffy posted:

Albinoblacksheep.com was the poo poo back in the early 2000s.

Yeah if you liked stolen content.

... Been on the internet too long.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Xenoveritas posted:

They did it last year for swimsuits (but not other things from previous events). As I recall this was the only event they did it for.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

The umbrite step is UNID step 2.0, but with a friendlier presentation. Its just as much of a time sink/grind, but its framed in a way that makes it feel less like a slog mostly thanks to having an actual progress bar. I'm still gonna be working on this thing for about a month and a half, same as with the UNID step, doing basically the same things as I did the last time.

And that's just the umbrite. I could have enough sand for two relics right now if I really wanted, so I'm glad I didn't have to grind all of that out from scratch too.

If Deep Dungeon hands out esos I may never leave...

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared
Well, clearly my raid static is doing something right.

A few people from my FC who had a bit too much to drink needed something to do before one of them had a Ceremony of Bonding. They decided this "something" would be to bash their heads against A5S, and I somehow got dragged along for the ride. From what I knew these guys had bee up to A7S and had nearly-full i240 gear, so naturally I thought I'd be the weak link that ruined the funruns because I haven't beaten the boss of A5S yet.

We didn't even get past Hummelfaust.

I'm still baffled. I'm only i227 and yet me and my own underlevelled-by-comparison static was able to clear Hummelfaust only using food and MCH damage boosts (or with an AST, which had her own damage boost so even food wasn't necessary). These overpowered drunkards with the main DPS dealer popping potions, and also with a MCH, could not get Hummelfaust down to 10%, despite the potion-popper doing a literal quarter of the party's damage - hell, I nearly beat two of their DPS in the parse despite being a tank.

This isn't to say it wasn't fun, the group was an absolute blast to chat with, but I expected them to do better than that. Beer is a hell of a drug.

SL the Pyro fucked around with this message at 10:11 on Jul 2, 2016

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Tortolia posted:

Thanks for letting me know. I only bought the shorts, and I'm still happy because I have some flowy shorts to glamour. This is the first time I've paid for something that wasn't a fantasia.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
Random question, been back from like a 3 year hiatus

not really worth doing the level 15 dungeons for the unique armor right? Satasha, Copperbell, etc.

Used to do them for fun back then, more people ran them for sure. I think e veryone else is just doing the expansion content, just my gut feeling I'll be seeing more population at the Au'ra place or whatevs

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

There are plenty of new people running Sastasha, but the new Hall of the Novice gives a full set of the Sastasha gear, except it's all black and has a different name. (For example, "Brand-New Thighboots" instead of "Acolyte's Thighboots")

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Lastgirl posted:

not really worth doing the level 15 dungeons for the unique armor right? Satasha, Copperbell, etc.

Used to do them for fun back then, more people ran them for sure. I think e veryone else is just doing the expansion content, just my gut feeling I'll be seeing more population at the Au'ra place or whatevs

You'll get plenty of shalashaska runs while doing your dailies and no one rolls on the gear so you can have it for yourself if it pops up.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Cao Ni Ma posted:

You'll get plenty of shalashaska runs while doing your dailies and no one rolls on the gear so you can have it for yourself if it pops up.

a MGS reference in my FFXIV

huh makes u think

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Lastgirl posted:

huh makes u think

There's a FATE called Metal Gears Rising. When you complete it, Metal Gears Revengence spawns followed by Revengence 2.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Lastgirl posted:

There is no "Au'ra place", they start in the same cities and level through the same content as everyone else. Many, many people are still doing leveling content.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
Is this game just hysterically unoptimized or something? Just picked up a GTX 1070 and it's everything I ever dreamed of...except for in FF14, where combat is unplayably choppy at 1440p Ultra.

Xenoveritas
May 9, 2010
Dinosaur Gum
It sounds like it's the opposite - it's over-optimized for very specific cards.

But yeah, according to threads on the OF the FFXIV client (or at least benchmark) doesn't work at all with the next generation of Nvidia cards.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Reiterpallasch posted:

Is this game just hysterically unoptimized or something? Just picked up a GTX 1070 and it's everything I ever dreamed of...except for in FF14, where combat is unplayably choppy at 1440p Ultra.

No, the game runs at 90+ fps on my 980ti. Something is happening with your settup. Maybe its overheating or you have something peaking your cpu.

Also unrelated to your question. Is anyone having issues with your mobile auth just resetting itself daily? This poo poo hasnt happened before and now every single day I have to use the emergency recovery to remove it.

e-Figured it out, apparently the app is just not designed for hybrid networks like Fi causing it to reset every time my phone changes provider. Welp Im going to have to use the physical token I got with the original collectors edition or get the thing for my ipad.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Jul 2, 2016

Kithyen
Oct 18, 2002
I DON'T KNOW THE BBCODE FOR BIG RED TITLES SO I CAN'T FIX THIS FUCK

Reiterpallasch posted:

I have an FE edition of the same card. Ran thru the Aery with everything maxed out. The only time it dipped below 60fps was in idleshire and it was high 40s low 50s at best. However I run in 1080p so that may make a difference?

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
Haha nope I logged back in and did some trials at a smooth 60 fps at 1440p maximum. Best guess is that it was thrashing on disk or something last night.

Kithyen
Oct 18, 2002
I DON'T KNOW THE BBCODE FOR BIG RED TITLES SO I CAN'T FIX THIS FUCK

Reiterpallasch posted:

Haha nope I logged back in and did some trials at a smooth 60 fps at 1440p maximum. Best guess is that it was thrashing on disk or something last night.

I know there some issue that I ran into where seemingly overnight my FPS on games like Mirror's edge and GTA V dropped into the teens on occasion which never happens even on max settings (40s are generally the low). I found that my nvidia control decided to randomly turn on different settings. Apparently this is a known issue with rebooting your PC on the past few drivers. Once I reset default values and turned everything that could be to "application controlled" I didn't have an issue.

Glad to see it seems to have resolved itself for you. Just something to keep in mind in case you run into it again.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

isk posted:

This is Raia - was fun! Nidhogg is a great encounter.

brokenknee posted:

Stark here. You're welcome.

hello friends!!!!

i didnt think i'd really be all that interested in the new jobs, unrelatedly, but i really like AST so far. granted i'm only like one level in but the mechanics are fun, can't wait to get more skills and really get into it.

i need to relearn to tank again too but it's kind of nerve wracking :ohdear:

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Reiterpallasch posted:

It's some kind of bug, I ran into the same thing (also with a 1070). Switching to full screen, then back to borderless fixed it for me. Jumped up to a locked 60 on maximum.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Reiterpallasch posted:

Besides bugs, bad drivers and being unoptimized for some cards, this game has a very uniform performance across the board from what I've seen, compared to other games. You can run it on very bad PCs that can't even deal with WoW, but you can also end up unlucky as yourself.

Also, your CPU has a lot more weight than it should for this game.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Verranicus posted:

There is no "Au'ra place", they start in the same cities and level through the same content as everyone else. Many, many people are still doing leveling content.

i havent done heavenswards content, last time I played was 3 years ago with a level 50 white mage to my chagrin when my dream of being a monk yet remains unfulfilled but someone told me to do like astrologian or w/e u have to go to the floaty city place whos names escapes me because all I know right now is Limsa Lominsa, Ul'dah, and Gridania so i was being flippant and calling it the au'ra place

im glad many people are still doing content. Just did Tam Tara this morning, it was good. I got the foestrikers mitts from it, so I'm just thinking should I just continue getting the gear or just move on~ Crafting I found odd in this game in some ways, if I vaguely remember in terms of aquisition but then again all I ever wanted to do was punchmans really hard in the face until they caved from the inside out.

Punchmans the primals too

like really hard

in the face

hard.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Lastgirl posted:

huh makes u think

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
A weapon to surpass the primals

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
My wife has played a dragoon exclusively since she started this game. Just in the past week she decided to level a bard. It has been amusing to hear her perspective. She was running Brayflox today and she kept saying stuff like "Holy poo poo. This is the easiest thing in the world." "Wow, bards are the laziest class." "I never knew dungeons could be so brainless."

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004
That was me when I leveled Black Mage to 60 a few months ago.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Reiterpallasch posted:

I had to set FFXIV to use ULMB instead of g-sync on my monitor and the annoying hitching went away. Lowest FPS I get is around 85-90 flying through zones with everything maxxed at 1440p using a 1070 after that. The game has some weird issues and while restarting might've fixed it for you it could crop back up.

FFXIV is the only game that has done this to me. DOOM and others run fine in windowed/borderless window/etc non-fullscreen modes. I blame the lingering remnants of FFXIV 1.0 :shrug:

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
last boss of lost city hm

:staredog:

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Silly BRD, Machinists are where the dakka is at.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

A weapon to surpass Ultima Gear!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose

Lastgirl posted:

i havent done heavenswards content, last time I played was 3 years ago with a level 50 white mage to my chagrin when my dream of being a monk yet remains unfulfilled but someone told me to do like astrologian or w/e u have to go to the floaty city place whos names escapes me because all I know right now is Limsa Lominsa, Ul'dah, and Gridania so i was being flippant and calling it the au'ra place

im glad many people are still doing content. Just did Tam Tara this morning, it was good. I got the foestrikers mitts from it, so I'm just thinking should I just continue getting the gear or just move on~ Crafting I found odd in this game in some ways, if I vaguely remember in terms of aquisition but then again all I ever wanted to do was punchmans really hard in the face until they caved from the inside out.

Punchmans the primals too

like really hard

in the face

hard.

Punch them in the butt. It's extremely effective.

• Locked thread