Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug
It was time to buy some new sneakers I guess.

Got them both for half price.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

u fink u hard Percy
Sep 14, 2007

You know those things don't work on water?

knows a black guy
Jun 18, 2005

New longboard. Probably gonna die on it, but I'm incredibly excited.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Helios Grime posted:

It was time to buy some new sneakers I guess.

Got them both for half price.

Are those Roshes? Are the UA shoes any good?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

butros posted:

Dragonaut tee represent

Saw this in the Stoner/Doom/Sludge thread and thought it was dope, so I went to buy one for myself but I saw this one and liked it better, so I got it instead and it just came in today:

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Oh dang, I'd nibble that cheese

New wall art. It's spray paint on particle board.

Vier
Aug 5, 2007

Good stuff.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Daimo posted:

You know those things don't work on water?

I've got power.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Vier posted:

Good stuff.

I wish I could buy these at the store in packs instead of 2-3 bucks a can at an eatery. The blood orange is downright tasty.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

queserasera posted:

I wish I could buy these at the store in packs instead of 2-3 bucks a can at an eatery. The blood orange is downright tasty.

Amazon?

colas
Feb 14, 2007

They're on Amazon. They sell six packs at my grocery. I'd definitely buy the lemon again if it didn't have so much sugar. They're as bad as coke but if you don't care about that they're very good.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Just get some carbonated water and add lemon juice to it

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

queserasera posted:

Costco has them a lot of times

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs

colas posted:

They're on Amazon. They sell six packs at my grocery. I'd definitely buy the lemon again if it didn't have so much sugar. They're as bad as coke but if you don't care about that they're very good.

They are stupid expensive, but they are by far the best sodas out there. It's great to have stuff that is actually tart and bitter instead of the usual sickly sweet soda

u fink u hard Percy
Sep 14, 2007

Don't get into building :negative:

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Daimo posted:

Don't get into building :negative:

Why'd you get the impact driver over the drill?

u fink u hard Percy
Sep 14, 2007

Never needed a combi drill since my mains SDS takes care of everything.

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Where did you learn to drive?
If I need an impact driver I prefer mains power, but either way you picked the right brand. My Christmas wish list is already compete: I'm just asking for Makita power tools.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Power tools are like cars. No matter which brand you buy, there's going to be a bunch of dudes going all "oh yeah Makita/Ryobi/Milwaukee/DeWalt/Hitachi/Bosch/Russian rear end Warbler Consortium/Hyundai only make poo poo tools you should buy Makita/Ryobi/Milwaukee/DeWalt/Hitachi/Bosch/Russian rear end Warbler Consortium/Hyundai instead!"

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

I only buy Ryobi, they're great

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Jerry Cotton posted:

Power tools are like cars. No matter which brand you buy, there's going to be a bunch of dudes going all "oh yeah Makita/Ryobi/Milwaukee/DeWalt/Hitachi/Bosch/Russian rear end Warbler Consortium/Hyundai only make poo poo tools you should buy Makita/Ryobi/Milwaukee/DeWalt/Hitachi/Bosch/Russian rear end Warbler Consortium/Hyundai instead!"

yea but ryobi and hitachi are actually super lovely for real, they have a lot of failures and never last. Makita is alright for just farting around the house, good for the price. DeWalt and Milwaukee are only really good if you spend the money and buy the higher quality lines. The problem with most of them, including the entry-level DeWalt and Milwaukee products, is that they use plastic gears.

a comparison of a lovely dewalt(which is a bog standard drill) and the good ones

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer
Buying tools online is so much less fun then wandering around a hardware store just filling that cart.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Where does Bosch rank in this?

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

Ultimate Shrek Fan posted:

yea but ryobi and hitachi are actually super lovely for real, they have a lot of failures and never last. Makita is alright for just farting around the house, good for the price. DeWalt and Milwaukee are only really good if you spend the money and buy the higher quality lines. The problem with most of them, including the entry-level DeWalt and Milwaukee products, is that they use plastic gears.

a comparison of a lovely dewalt(which is a bog standard drill) and the good ones

Haha yeah I don't own Ryobi tools. I just fix them

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Ultimate Shrek Fan posted:

QED

Horse Clocks
Dec 14, 2004

Coredump posted:

AFAIK, blue bosch is tradesman quality. Green bosch is diy level.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Coredump posted:

Depends on what it is, really. The 1200 dollar corded SDS Hammer drill is good, but I wouldn't buy any of their cordless stuff.

I wouldn't have said anything if you hadn't

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

I drove for 27 hours to buy a new car

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

FishBulb posted:

Costco has them a lot of times

Costco only has the poo poo flavors.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Chinaman7000 posted:

Costco only has the poo poo flavors.

They're all poo poo flavors to me so I wouldn't know

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Bogan Krkic posted:

I drove for 27 hours to buy a new car

Are you living in some weird place where it wouldn't have been cheaper and less consuming of your time to fly to the car and then drive it home?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Totally TWISTED posted:

Are you living in some weird place where it wouldn't have been cheaper and less consuming of your time to fly to the car and then drive it home?

It was 2 km away, he just drove very slowly.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Also, it reads where he is on the license plate.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Totally TWISTED posted:

No but a road trip w mates is more fun

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Bogan Krkic posted:

No but a road trip w mates is more fun

I accept this answer. However I'm now imagining it as a 2km road trip with mates :v:

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Does anyone have any recommendations on routers/routers+modems? My budget is preferably under $200 with some flex for a modem combo/bundle (maybe $240?). I was going to pick up a Netgear Nighthawk, but I have enough issues with my printer already (unless those have been fixed by now). Much appreciated!

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug

colas posted:

Are those Roshes? Are the UA shoes any good?

No those are Kaishis, I really like them as they are super light and comfy.

I honestly only bought the UA cause they were half off and I liked the look, it's not like I'd ever go running in either of those.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

NewFatMike posted:

Does anyone have any recommendations on routers/routers+modems? My budget is preferably under $200 with some flex for a modem combo/bundle (maybe $240?). I was going to pick up a Netgear Nighthawk, but I have enough issues with my printer already (unless those have been fixed by now). Much appreciated!

You would probably be better to ask in the networking thread.

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan

queserasera posted:

I don't know about where you live but my local Walmart and Kroger carry 6 packs for $5 and drat right; the blood orange is like crack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

NewFatMike posted:

Router/Firewall: https://www.ubnt.com/edgemax/edgerouter-x/
Wireless: https://www.ubnt.com/unifi/unifi-ap-ac-lite/
Modem: Literally whatever docsis 3 modem your ISP supports. The motorolas aren't bad. Or just take the one your ISP gave you and put it in bridge mode.