Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx

facebook jihad posted:

Again I think it really stems from the college is bullshit mentality. A lot of the more vocal tumblrites and sjws are college students and young adults who think they have the world figured out and it just kind of goes from there. Seriously watch college cunts or the Williamsburg videos and you'll see what I mean.

The one video, can't remember what it's called, where he mocks a series of videos where people talk about 'what inspires them' is riddled with angst to the point where it's barely even funny, but none of it really gets into making fun of sjws.

This one?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d47Jibt-EOE

sam hyde grows the most hosed beard i've ever seen to the point where it's even hard to look at a lot of the time

his beard is even more next level than a lovely taliban beard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Robot Pride posted:

This one?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d47Jibt-EOE

sam hyde grows the most hosed beard i've ever seen to the point where it's even hard to look at a lot of the time

his beard is even more next level than a lovely taliban beard

Bingo

Also yeah I can only marvel at how bad his beard is

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx
i loving swear he made that beard out of pubes and a glue stick

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Horniest Manticore posted:

see, the more i see and hear from him, the less i think he's trolling. he can use "oh haha i'm just trolling" as a cowardly get-out clause, but if everything you do and have done for years is based on being the most hateful rear end in a top hat in the world... i mean, i dunno, that has to come from somewhere, right?
It's not a cowardly get-out clause. It's the entire premise of the comedy. They are making people, often insufferable people, deal with an opposing, often insufferable, person to entertain viewers who are in on the whole "Sam Hyde may be insufferable but not for the reasons portrayed in this video" premise.

And then there are the hateful weirdos who think he really supports all of these views and are like "preach it brother" when they watch his videos. I hope he takes some big stabs at those guys if Adult Swim brings MDE success, but MDE seems to mostly target popular things.

Robot Pride posted:

i loving swear he made that beard out of pubes and a glue stick
He grew it as a 6'4" man. Sam Hyde is really drat tall.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Jul 1, 2016

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
6"1 max. no way he's 6"4

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Khorne posted:

And then there are the hateful weirdos who think he really supports all of these views and are like "preach it brother" when they watch his videos. I hope he takes some big stabs at those guys if Adult Swim brings MDE success, but MDE seems to mostly target popular things.
Yeah I remember watching Hyde interviewed by that alcoholic ex-Vice guy, who asked him if he thought black people were less funny than whites. Hyde replied "That's hateful and racist."

I know Nick is a huge Joan Rivers fan, who is my favorite comedian. Basically, be a human and don't apologize for everything.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Tautologicus posted:

6"1 max. no way he's 6"4
His license is shown in the college video and it says 6'4", also some of the people he's been videod/photod with are 6'1 and he towers over them.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
in all likelihood sam hyde hangs d

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Horniest Manticore posted:

oh sure, and that can unquestionably be a lot of fun. it still sits uneasily with me though -- he's devoted a lot of time and energy to unloading venom on sjws, liberals, etc, and i have to wonder why would you do all that if you didn't have some genuine grievance with them? again, for me, it becomes harder to buy it as trolling at a certain point

He's also spent a lot of time unloading on Alt Right people and Ron Paul supporters, but other people are doing that and his brand of why he finds them obnoxious/how he "exposes" their views as ridiculous works better on targets not used to that type of criticism or parody.

powerful drum sound
Mar 18, 2009
he seems pretty chummy with out and out white nationalists on twitter, doesn't seem like much "punching down" going on

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Oh, he's extremely right-wing.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Wikkheiser posted:

Oh, he's extremely right-wing.

Hes a weird looking white guy who is mad about college, so no surprise there

Illavick
Sep 15, 2012

WHENA MINA RENA VATIVE

Black Baby Goku posted:

Me too dude! This guys subject matter is just too... "Hipstery" for me tbh. He is seriously unfunny. In fact, I've never laughed at any of his antics. Thanks for showing us the light though, don't want anybody to accidentally click these problematic videos. Once again, you have show us why you are a great mod for the comedy forums. It's awesome how much you make us all laugh and I'm nearly in tears from laughing remembering all your classic funny posts! Hahahah! Just thinking about it now is so drat win!!!

do you have a patreon?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gX6SZbX_s5A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyE78eyFRa8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9qTl2y-aes

all loving pro clicks

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

I'm Sam Hyde

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

nobody likes comics that act like they're the smartest guy in the room. That's what most comics don't get, and is why MDE will win in the polls come November.

garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004
Confirming Sam Hyde is tall and more physically imposing than you would expect from the videos

I like their videos but at least going from their Facebook group most of their fans are extremely terrible but what internet thing doesn't have bad fans (serious question)

Edit also Jan (Brianna Wu guy) got kicked off of the school playground for being mean until his parents complained look it up it's pretty funny imo

Stabbatical
Sep 15, 2011

I always guessed Sam Hyde was like 5' 10 or something based on the vids

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

I assumed he was tall cuz he has that thing where he's fat but it looks more spread-out through his body in a weird tall fat person way.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
Sam represents saying poo poo about the things in the world you don't like, and sometimes it's funny, but it does take balls. Alt righters take that philosophy and run with it and use their balls to be hurtful and less funny, to be fair so do cooky liberals with their idols.

Alt righters are of course going to rally unrighteously behind him because they're the people searching out "liberal gets owned" or whatever

darkhand fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Jul 2, 2016

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I think Sam Hyde just doesn't give a gently caress. And that's why I like him

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Wet it up for me ladies

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

SaltLick posted:

Wet it up for me ladies

Constipated
Nov 25, 2009

Gotta make that money man its still the same now

facebook jihad posted:

I think Sam Hyde just doesn't give a gently caress. And that's why I like him

Same. I remember when I first saw his stuff before he did the Tedx thing, when he did all those iphone videos mostly and I thought he was just some crazy fucker people made fun of on here.. Then I saw the Tedx video quite awhile after it happened and finally recognized the genius of Sam Hyde and what he was going for this whole time and in all the old videos. I didn't like Tim and Eric either for awhile until I saw enough of their stuff, not try to say that this type of comedy is the greatest or anything, just v good and a nice change from all the other tired bullshit I see online and on comedy central or whatever.

God Of Paradise
Jan 23, 2012
You know, I'd be less worried about my 16 year old daughter dating a successful 40 year old cartoonist than dating a 16 year old loser.

I mean, Jesus, kid, at least date a motherfucker with abortion money and house to have sex at where your mother and I don't have to hear it. Also, if he treats her poorly, boom, that asshole's gonna catch a statch charge.

Please, John K. Date my daughter... Save her from dating smelly dropouts who wanna-be Soundcloud rappers.
Sam still on SA?

Beside Stanhope, MDE is my favorite thing going in comedy, and I despise Trump. Not everything is cut and dried, good or bad based on partisan politics.

Really loving boring way to view the world. "I can't laugh at something because it doesn't reflect my honest opinions," pfeh, get the gently caress outta here.

God Of Paradise fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Jul 2, 2016

Bubble Bobby
Jan 28, 2005
he's funny and I like him

Gamer With Dignity
May 15, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

darkhand posted:

Sam represents saying poo poo about the things in the world you don't like, and sometimes it's funny, but it does take balls. Alt righters take that philosophy and run with it and use their balls to be hurtful and less funny, to be fair so do cooky liberals with their idols.

Alt righters are of course going to rally unrighteously behind him because they're the people searching out "liberal gets owned" or whatever

I think the alt right is very funny. If you don't "get" that style of humor then it's on you.

goatse.cx haver
Oct 17, 2010

precious metals
his face is loving gross and i dont believe being a gross retard is entirely just a character he is playing but hes still funny sometimes so idk?

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

darkhand posted:

Thats just like bill burr. I dont think he hates women but his loving fans sure do. After watching some of his stand up and interviews on youtube my 'recommended' section was full of stuff like "Bill Burr ANNIHILATES Stupid Feminazi Bitch!" and a bunch of rebel media links

Bruegels Fuckbooks
Sep 14, 2004

Now, listen - I know the two of you are very different from each other in a lot of ways, but you have to understand that as far as Grandpa's concerned, you're both pieces of shit! Yeah. I can prove it mathematically.

Tautologicus posted:

6"1 max. no way he's 6"4
He was in my english class in high school. He's totally 6' 4''.

Zooey Dave Chapelle
Oct 27, 2013
i wish the MDE the best of luck on thier new adult swim show & i wish i was 6'4. kickstarter tv is good.

Sincerely, a sam hyde supporter

gently caress joe rogan

Zooey Dave Chapelle
Oct 27, 2013
totallty 6'4

peace

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

darkhand posted:

its not just saying poo poo that other people dont like, he challenges people's world view and the comedy comes from people melting down to a literal clown. he knowingly throws himself into a pit of wolves and people willingly follow behind him to ~own his rear end~ and its hilarious

alt right 2edgy shitlords mistake chutzpa for intelligence which makes his poo poo even better because they are rallying behind someone who is just straight up mocking their own beliefs openly

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Gamer With Dignity posted:

I think the alt right is very funny. If you don't "get" that style of humor then it's on you.

the alt right is funny if you think mercilessly owning self identified mentally ill feminists on social media is funny

low hanging fruit

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Change my name to 76 inches of Hyde. Sports is my favorite video from the bathroom iphone series

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

goatse.cx haver posted:

his face is loving gross and i dont believe being a gross retard is entirely just a character he is playing

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Idk why hating college would make you hate feminists/progressives, they p much all agree that the college system is hosed up and doesnt guarantee a job anymore

he's funny when he isnt being a gross dude, the heist video was on-point

Mordekai
Sep 6, 2006

Salt in the wound eases the soul.
Sam Hyde/MDE is really really funny in many different ways. From the iiotic iphone vids from his moms house to the big stuff like Ideas Man and 2070, it's really great. Looking forward to the Adult Swim show.

a very large fish
Oct 18, 2012

5-HT posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtzNEE2Esbc

still the best mde related thing that isn't the anime con or the ted x conference.

is your av Harald Grosskopf?

garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004
Also confirming that World Peace is very, very good. If you like MDE you will like it a lot. If you're on the fence because you like some of their stuff but not some of their other videos you will like it a lot. Absolute top effort from everyone involved and the higher budget is noticeable but does not change the aesthetic and style whatsoever. Get excited for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rakovsky maybe
Nov 4, 2008
I just want to reiterate that this dude is funny but absolutely WILL kill himself sometime in the next five years. Just to get my prediction in.

• Locked thread