Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Lazrin posted:

what's the message, exactly, just so i'm clear.

is it every falsehood that's been spewed since derek was kicked out of the community and his delicate condition cannot process things like that happening to him? or is it what's going to happen in 2 weeks?

derek is unwilling (because he's unable) to say anything about the actual state of the project or company. he has nothing to show

the 'message' is not dereks. its obvious to anyone with eyes.

and why are you so concerned about how other people piss away their money?

again, cult.

Think about Derek, let Derek flow through you, another week filled up with thoughts about Derek for you, yessssssss, yessss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIn1_9YvGds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Lazrin posted:

The end times are upon CIG

quote:

is it every falsehood that's been spewed since derek was kicked out of the community and his delicate condition cannot process things like that happening to him? or is it what's going to happen in 2 weeks?

Well, the Hamill thing's pretty blatant. Calling the high-profile 'leavers' was another hit. Calling the release of Alpha being rushed...

quote:

derek is unwilling (because he's unable) to say anything about the actual state of the project or company. he has nothing to show

Aside from all the times he's said the company is in shambles or whatever?

quote:

Then who's is it?

quote:

Who says I am? I'm just laughing at a poo poo product that has the highest 'crowdfunding' number ever while sometimes making jokes and almost always shitposting in a thread.

quote:

again, cult.

:ironicat:

What defines us as a cult, exactly?

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster
I used to feel bad for people who paid that much into it. But honestly after all thats occurred this year like the TOS if you havent applied for a refund yet i dont feel bad for you.

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster

Jobbo_Fett posted:

The end times are upon CIG

Well, the Hamill thing's pretty blatant. Calling the high-profile 'leavers' was another hit. Calling the release of Alpha being rushed...

Aside from all the times he's said the company is in shambles or whatever?

Then who's is it?

Who says I am? I'm just laughing at a poo poo product that has the highest 'crowdfunding' number ever while sometimes making jokes and almost always shitposting in a thread.

:ironicat:

What defines us as a cult, exactly?
Have you heard the good word about derek friend?

I have faith in cigderek

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Lazrin posted:

again, cult.

this is so great, thank you for posting here, we have fewer and fewer interactions like this these days.

Maybe it would help you to understand that this thread has been around long before Derek entered the ring. We've been laughing at Star Citizen way before it was the cool thing to do. Derek could be completely full of poo poo and it would still be funny that he's waging war against CIG and winning. People lose their goddamned minds because of this guy. We're here for entertainment. I'm sure you can figure the rest out. The fact that he happens to be right is a nice bonus.

We're not at all concerned with whether you piss away your money. In fact, please continue to do so, as that is also funny. It is however a good feeling knowing that our shitposts about star citizen might prevent unwitting people, who aren't zealots like yourself, from giving money to a scam.

A Neurotic Jew fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Jul 2, 2016

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Why are we jailing people who scam old folks? They loving deserved it.

Insurance scams or Nigerian princes? They did nothing wrong! It's their money, they should throw it away however they see fit.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

SurfaceDetail posted:

Have you heard the good word about derek friend?

Who?

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Lazrin posted:

again, cult.

Even if this is a goon troll account, thankyou for giving us someone to talk to.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
I'm glad you lost your life savings, Grandma!

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

TTerrible posted:

Even if this is a goon troll account, thankyou for giving us someone to talk to.

C-Pap Citizen spotted!

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

Lazrin posted:

again, cult.

Star Citizen: Again, Cunlt

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
:frogsiren: DONT READ DEREK SMARTS LIES CITIZEN :frogsiren:

Lazrin
Apr 13, 2016

THEN HE SAID..NO WAIT, LISTEN. THEN HE SAID 3.0 IS COMING OUT BY DEC 19TH 2016
:laffo:

TTerrible posted:

That people should get refunds and the people who ran the scam shouldn't get away with it. Not to speak for DS.

Derek put some stuff out last night that was proved true this morning. I don't know what else you want. We can go back through the big list of predictions that have come true if it helps.

Ah so to anyone with eyes its obvious the entire thing is a scam that is never coming out? Why are you defending that scam?

99% of goons are concerned with how loving funny this entire thing is. Thankyou for doing your part to amuse us.

Ok user that has registered to defend Star Citziens honour. :allears:

now you're playing along better.

an actor showing up to do work - who already is working on the game - and derek "predicted" it? he just posted yesterday that chris is building a 'movie set' so it must have all been done between the 3 hours he posted it and the time mark hamill showed up for work, right?

it doesn't matter if you or derek or anyone thinks its a scam until someone can prove that it is. that is what he's not willing or able to share. why not?

i'll carry that message far and wide once you show me why i should

it's in huge trouble for many reasons. a scam it is not.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Colostomy Bag posted:

Anger locust.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
http://i.imgur.com/ML0vBnX.gifv

So sq42 is ready in 6 months when they are still filming. So if all they have to do is everything, then it will be done in 6 months?

Also Pgabz, you are so angry this song played on the radio,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hv_zJrO_ptk

please be lesser angry.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
:eyepop: wow that is a really nice avatar Lazrin.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
I'm the shill that chooses to die on Scam hill, right next to Hill 42, and Pubeless Hill.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Oh my god, the irony is that gif made all the anger wash away for a second

Lazrin
Apr 13, 2016

A Neurotic Jew posted:

this is so great, thank you for posting here, we have fewer and fewer interactions like this these days.

Maybe it would help you to understand that this thread has been around long before Derek entered the ring. We've been laughing at Star Citizen way before it was the cool thing to do. Derek could be completely full of poo poo and it would still be funny that he's waging war against CIG and winning. People lose their goddamned minds because of this guy. We're here for entertainment. I'm sure you can figure the rest out. The fact that he happens to be right is a nice bonus.

We're not at all concerned with whether you piss away your money. In fact, please continue to do so, as that is also funny. It is however a good feeling knowing that our shitposts about star citizen might prevent unwitting people, who aren't zealots like yourself, from giving money to a scam.

that's a myopic perspective. that's not how the world outside of this thread sees it. most don't even know who derek smart is, let alone him somehow 'winning' something.

if you think people really knew what the people in this thread are like, they'd take any advice from them at all? would you?

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?

Lazrin posted:

an actor showing up to do work - who already is working on the game - and derek "predicted" it? he just posted yesterday that chris is building a 'movie set' so it must have all been done between the 3 hours he posted it and the time mark hamill showed up for work, right?

it doesn't matter if you or derek or anyone thinks its a scam until someone can prove that it is. that is what he's not willing or able to share. why not?

What do you make of them promising to issue a refund, closing a person's account, then not issuing a refund?

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Lazrin posted:

This is a very early puppetmaster. Do not play your hand quite yet.

Lazrin posted:

If the game is coming out before the end of 2016 shouldn't they kinda be done building sets and re-shoots? I mean, we all know it isn't ever coming out and is now a 90s style interactive movie instead of a game but hey.

Lazrin posted:

Ok so in your world when something looks like a scam, smells like a scam, acts like a scam and is structured like a scam you can't call it a scam until everyone loses their money? You are not much of a consumer rights champion, friend.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/749250919762624512

:lol:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Lazrin posted:

that's a myopic perspective. that's not how the world outside of this thread sees it. most don't even know who derek smart is, let alone him somehow 'winning' something.

if you think people really knew what the people in this thread are like, they'd take any advice from them at all? would you?

Derek is winning

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

ha ha

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Chris said: We're done filming!

Derek said: Nah, they've got reshoots coming up real soon

Mark tweets: poo poo, gotta do some reshoots. *sadface*

Shill thinks: PURELY COINCIDENCE, SURELY!

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

This is amazing but I AM NOW SO ANGRY just from that small snippet :argh:

Lazrin
Apr 13, 2016

Evil_Greven posted:

What do you make of them promising to issue a refund, closing a person's account, then not issuing a refund?

i think they supported that decision in the note you and i both read.

personally, i'm against all refunds for crowdfunded projects. you take the risk, it's on you. don't look for someone to hold your hand and get you out of it. grow up.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer
To be fair Twerk took it well

:argh::kayak::argh:

Lazrin
Apr 13, 2016

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Chris said: We're done filming!

Derek said: Nah, they've got reshoots coming up real soon

Mark tweets: poo poo, gotta do some reshoots. *sadface*

Shill thinks: PURELY COINCIDENCE, SURELY!

wait wait wait.

is it reshoots on the movie set that chris was building last night? the one that didn't exist for performance capture?

how is that a reshoot, exactly?

maybe, just maybe, it's something new and already scheduled. possible?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Lazrin posted:

personally, i'm against all refunds for crowdfunded projects. you take the risk, it's on you. don't look for someone to hold your hand and get you out of it. grow up.

Hello Octopode, MOMA, Batgirl. :waves:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Lazrin posted:

Hang on, post a bit slower I am writing this down

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Lazrin posted:

wait wait wait.

is it reshoots on the movie set that chris was building last night? the one that didn't exist for performance capture?

but the game is out in six months and we've not seen a single bit of it apart from a shaky cam recording from Citizencon 2015

Please say "gameplay spoilers" because my bingo card is starting to fill up after "people don deserve refunds blah blah"

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Lazrin posted:

wait wait wait.

Maybe, just maybe you are thinking about Derek Smart again right now

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Lazrin posted:

wait wait wait.

You literally aren't capable of grasping the concept of Derek calling something out publicly before its made public.

If Derek had made a called shot on reshoots, and then it didn't happen, you'd have something to argue about. Alas, 'tis not the case.

Spermanent Record
Mar 28, 2007
I interviewed a NK escapee who came to my school and made a thread. Then life got in the way and the translation had to be postponed. I did finish it in the end, but nobody is going to pay 10 bux to update my.avatar
Just lol that anyone in 2016 could still be angry at Greatest Leader Derek. SC is out already despite only being in development for 6 months. It's a great game! go play it and be happy. No kidding. If you enjoy it then more power to you. I'm happy for you.

What's the point of arguing about video games? If it's a good game then go play it and tell us why you like it so much. Nobody is going to take your enjoyment away from you.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Lazrin posted:

wait wait wait.

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mere minutes after discovering the new technology, it was used to send me a crude ASCII dong.

The Kins posted:

Man, not even ROCKSTAR make full-on movie sets for their mocap stuff.

Okay this is the weirdest loss edit so far

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

frozenpeas posted:

Just lol that anyone in 2016 could still be angry at Greatest Leader Derek. SC is out already despite only being in development for 6 months. It's a great game! go play it and be happy. No kidding. If you enjoy it then more power to you. I'm happy for you.

What's the point of arguing about video games? If it's a good game then go play it and tell us why you like it so much. Nobody is going to take your enjoyment away from you.

But DEREK SMART!

CHRIS SAID DEREK SMART WAS A BAD MAN!

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Lazrin posted:

so many loving dunces here.

Could you explain this comment? You seem to be an expert on mocap sets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Toast, TOAST, TOAST!

Saved us another day of shillposting.

• Locked thread