Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

eats-almonds posted:

http://i.imgur.com/nT4WerM.jpg

I forgot not everyone knows what this is, it's become an in-joke with my friends.

Stop it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

That 'infographic' is hilarious. I can't tell if it's serious or a parody.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

The MSJ posted:

That 'infographic' is hilarious. I can't tell if it's serious or a parody.

The former.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Guy Mann posted:

A poster for an asian market that doesn't erase the black main character? Bwuhh?

Will Smith and Denzel are the only ones they won't do that to.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Lady Naga posted:

Yeah how dare they make fun of the alt right.

I understand now the joke they were making and I apologize for assuming it was a genuine use of the word...but personally i still dont want that meme stuff here. these are supposed 2 be the most troll free forums on the web!!!

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Memes are the DNA of the soul.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Oh look, a new Suicide Squad poster.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Doctor Teeth posted:

I work for a site that auctions movie posters/lobby cards/stills/etc. It's fun reading this thread and seeing which posters are going to be consigned to us in ~5 months time.

If anyone is considering buying a poster and not sure of its authenticity you can post it here/message me and I can take a look at it. A good portion of what I do is checking for reproductions, re-releases, etc.. The higher the resolution you can get the better.

drat, wish you had posted this a couple months ago. I've wanted to get my hands on a specific Zardoz poster for a while, but almost everything that comes up on Ebay is way out of my price range or previously folded. Then maybe a month ago I was seeing listings for a "studio authorized" reprint of the same image and snatched it up. Bunch of different legit poster sites had it and based on the images in the listings it looked great. Once I actually got it and unrolled it I could see it was just someone who was printing copies of one of the previously folded originals, the crease lines are clearly visible in the repro. It only cost me ~$19 but I'm still kinda pissed off about it.

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

Sirotan posted:

drat, wish you had posted this a couple months ago. I've wanted to get my hands on a specific Zardoz poster for a while, but almost everything that comes up on Ebay is way out of my price range or previously folded. Then maybe a month ago I was seeing listings for a "studio authorized" reprint of the same image and snatched it up. Bunch of different legit poster sites had it and based on the images in the listings it looked great. Once I actually got it and unrolled it I could see it was just someone who was printing copies of one of the previously folded originals, the crease lines are clearly visible in the repro. It only cost me ~$19 but I'm still kinda pissed off about it.

I'm curious, did they show the original (and try to hide the fact that it was folded) and mail a repro or did they show the repro and claim it was an authorized reprint? Studio restrikes are sometimes a thing (The Shining has one from the mid-80s I believe that is sometimes sold an original), but they are usually made using the same designs/equipment as the original.

Printed fold lines are a dead giveaway of a reproduction. Sometimes the people making the repro will try to cover them up buy folding the poster along the printed fold lines, but they rarely get it right and even if they do, folded originals were machine folded. The folds just won't be as "crisp" as a machine folded poster.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Doctor Teeth posted:

I'm curious, did they show the original (and try to hide the fact that it was folded) and mail a repro or did they show the repro and claim it was an authorized reprint? Studio restrikes are sometimes a thing (The Shining has one from the mid-80s I believe that is sometimes sold an original), but they are usually made using the same designs/equipment as the original.

Printed fold lines are a dead giveaway of a reproduction. Sometimes the people making the repro will try to cover them up buy folding the poster along the printed fold lines, but they rarely get it right and even if they do, folded originals were machine folded. The folds just won't be as "crisp" as a machine folded poster.

Here's the listing: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Zardoz-Movi...p0AAOSwpDdVN4GH and here is what the original looks when folded:

I didn't realize it before buying but you can see in the image of the reproduction evidence of some fold lines, especially on the left side of the face of the stone head. Just about any site that sells movie posters seems to have this specific one for sale so maybe it is truly a studio authorized reproduction. That or whoever is bootlegging it has some serious volume.

eats-almonds
Jun 30, 2016

Hat Thoughts posted:

I understand now the joke they were making and I apologize for assuming it was a genuine use of the word...but personally i still dont want that meme stuff here. these are supposed 2 be the most troll free forums on the web!!!

I'm with you on this.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Hat Thoughts posted:

Says the user with an avatar of a resident of Nilbog?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Light Gun Man posted:

Says the user with an avatar of a resident of Nilbog?

Oh gently caress, I was racking my brain trying to remember what movie I saw that in.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

eats-almonds posted:

http://i.imgur.com/nT4WerM.jpg

I forgot not everyone knows what this is, it's become an in-joke with my friends.

Goddamn.

Have you ever had a moment where you're in awe of the infinite possibility of human thought? Someone saw Force Awakens and literally thought it was propaganda by the Disney corporation to subliminally make young white girls crave black penis. There is a nonzero number of living humans who think this. Those people may be employed, and may be able to vote.

My vote may, theoretically, be counter-acted by another citizen who thinks BB-8 represents emasculated whiteness, serving as a passive accessory to a story of black sexual supremacy funded by the Walt Disney Corporation.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Xealot posted:

Goddamn.

Have you ever had a moment where you're in awe of the infinite possibility of human thought? Someone saw Force Awakens and literally thought it was propaganda by the Disney corporation to subliminally make young white girls crave black penis. There is a nonzero number of living humans who think this. Those people may be employed, and may be able to vote.

My vote may, theoretically, be counter-acted by another citizen who thinks BB-8 represents emasculated whiteness, serving as a passive accessory to a story of black sexual supremacy funded by the Walt Disney Corporation.

It's a pity that the 'i don't want to live on this planet anymore' clip is so overdone, because it's so often so true.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

A noted black supremacist, Walter Elias Disney, planned this all along!

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
What up with the blu-ray animated movies all having the ugly closeup of a character face as the poster?

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
That Anastasia one is funny because they're still trying to make it look like a fake Disney Princess movie.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Those princesses really dig that Donald-Trump swoop haircut, where it starts at the front and swoops around all the way to the back.

Avril Lavigne
May 29, 2006

Rirse posted:

What up with the blu-ray animated movies all having the ugly closeup of a character face as the poster?

I'm guessing they're meant to appeal to very young kids who are more likely to notice a huge stark picture of the main character than something more subtle or complex.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Allen Wren posted:

StubHub, I believe. They changed their logo recently, but I think they used to have it like that in Mets colors.

Ohhh, thanks that was bothering me

Distorted Kiwi
Jun 11, 2014

"C'mon! Let's tune our weapons!"
Poster Six-Pack: RIP Bud Spencer, and a Bunch of Unrelated Stuff Edition

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

That Anastasia one is funny because they're still trying to make it look like a fake Disney Princess movie.

The Anastasia one is pretty bad but God drat, that Epic cover... (Okay, it does warn you what you're in for but still. ) :shepface:

Since most of these are FOX animated movies, I want to see a Titan AE cover with the scowling face of the Janine Garafolo beaky kangaroo knee monster over a pretty color.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Isn't that Anastasia movie based on that one lady who eventually was shown to be a liar?

Build-a-Boar
Feb 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Rahonavis posted:

Since most of these are FOX animated movies, I want to see a Titan AE cover with the scowling face of the Janine Garafolo beaky kangaroo knee monster over a pretty color.

That movie needed more Stith honestly

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

muscles like this? posted:

Isn't that Anastasia movie based on that one lady who eventually was shown to be a liar?

It's based on a fairy tale, yes.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

muscles like this? posted:

The real Anastasia was executed and thrown in a unmarked grave. Which believe it or not doesn't fly very well in a kid's film.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

FreudianSlippers posted:

The real Anastasia was executed and thrown in a unmarked grave. Which believe it or not doesn't fly very well in a kid's film.

They also show the Bolshevik Revolution to be the result of a gypsy curse, cast by Rasputin because of a personal vendetta against the Tsar.

Further, Tsar Nicholas II is a good dude, and decent family man. Not a paranoid anti-Semite who profited from a system of insurmountable class inequality. Just a nice fella with a nice family.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Also, a talking bat

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

PBS Newshour posted:

Also, a talking bat

No that's Sonic.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

PBS Newshour posted:

Also, a talking bat

Who got his own spinoff where a lady sings while slowly turning into a dragon.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Rirse posted:

Who got his own spinoff where a lady sings while slowly turning into a dragon.

This is also Sonic I think? Those games got weird.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
If he was born a little later Don Bluth would be drawing fetish Sonic art yeah

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

Distorted Kiwi posted:

Poster Six-Pack: RIP Bud Spencer

Shoutout to Spencer and Hill's breakthrough movie.

I still remember laughing my rear end off at this one with my dad when I was like 4. The goofy-rear end fight scenes in this film led to my life-long love for martial-arts cinema. RIP big man.

While I'm at it, here's some more German posters (I guess the first one is a DVD cover)

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 12:34 on Jul 4, 2016

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

The first movie I ever remember seeing was a Bud Spencer movie. I can't remember the name of it but the VHS cover was a drawing of him punching a crocodile in the face.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Xealot posted:

They also show the Bolshevik Revolution to be the result of a gypsy curse, cast by Rasputin because of a personal vendetta against the Tsar.

Further, Tsar Nicholas II is a good dude, and decent family man. Not a paranoid anti-Semite who profited from a system of insurmountable class inequality. Just a nice fella with a nice family.

In fairness, removing everyone with paranoid anti-semitism would have gotten rid of basically every Russian in 1915.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

Stare-Out posted:

The first movie I ever remember seeing was a Bud Spencer movie. I can't remember the name of it but the VHS cover was a drawing of him punching a crocodile in the face.

? :)

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Oh wow, that's the movie! The cover I had was slightly different though and I can't seem to find it anywhere which is a shame because it was even more badass. The Finnish name for it was "Turpa kiinni, krokotiili" which literally means "Shut up, crocodile" :haw:

E:

A new French poster for the upcoming 2K restoration of the 80's action movie classic, PRE DA TOR

Stare-Out fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Jul 4, 2016

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Stare-Out posted:

Oh wow, that's the movie! The cover I had was slightly different though and I can't seem to find it anywhere which is a shame because it was even more badass. The Finnish name for it was "Turpa kiinni, krokotiili" which literally means "Shut up, crocodile" :haw:

E:

A new French poster for the upcoming 2K restoration of the 80's action movie classic, PRE DA TOR

Oh wow, that's awesome, I had no idea they were doing this. Hopefully they'll do Commando next as well!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Maybe this time Dutch won't be a shiny sheen of perfection?