Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got
Nonstop Knight was decent for a bit in case you missed it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I've been playing Mystic Castle. It's kind of like the game "a dark room" which starts out as a clicker sort of game and then turns into a dungeon crawler.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire
For the people who enjoyed Nonstop Knight, I'd like to direct you to my current favorite, Idle Mage Attack. It's similar in that you have a dude who you don't really control who zips around the map murdering everything, but there's a lot more depth to it. (I got bored with Nonstop Knight within a day, still playing this after 2.5 weeks).

It's not as much for offline progress, so you won't wake up in the morning to clear a bunch more content, but the flip side is that you never really hit a wall during active play. You can always play for a few more minutes and push past a boss. The active component comes from collecting spells and powerups that fly out of your kills, some which are instantly used and some you can bank for bosses or raids.

It's also really generous with premium currency. You can do a raid zone (a short level scaled to your current stats) that rewards a few points of premium currency. IAP is $2 for 150 and you get 2-10 every raid.

Check it out if you like make-numbers-get-bigger games.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

SynthesisAlpha posted:

For the people who enjoyed Nonstop Knight, I'd like to direct you to my current favorite, Idle Mage Attack. It's similar in that you have a dude who you don't really control who zips around the map murdering everything, but there's a lot more depth to it. (I got bored with Nonstop Knight within a day, still playing this after 2.5 weeks).

It's not as much for offline progress, so you won't wake up in the morning to clear a bunch more content, but the flip side is that you never really hit a wall during active play. You can always play for a few more minutes and push past a boss. The active component comes from collecting spells and powerups that fly out of your kills, some which are instantly used and some you can bank for bosses or raids.

It's also really generous with premium currency. You can do a raid zone (a short level scaled to your current stats) that rewards a few points of premium currency. IAP is $2 for 150 and you get 2-10 every raid.

This is pretty cool, thanks :)

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Len posted:

I've been playing Mystic Castle. It's kind of like the game "a dark room" which starts out as a clicker sort of game and then turns into a dungeon crawler.

Oh hey I liked that browser game, Imma check out Mystic Castle then.

This is it, right?

the auschwitz diet
Mar 19, 2004
I toast mine own alcoholism
Tap My Katamari launched this week as well while we're on the subject of idle games. It's rather simple and doesn't calculate level progression offline only earned coins, but it does have that Katamari charm and 5 or 6 great Katamari music tracks.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

honestly, katamari is the one franchise where i am totally ok with them cashing in on a tapper game. i probably will not ever install it but i will assume that you sit and tap and more poo poo gets stuck onto your pile, which is exactly how it should be and i support this. make tappers great again :911:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Potsticker posted:

This is it, right?

Yeah. I'm currently stuck on the second map because my dudes can't stop getting murdered.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire
I played that for a while. You need to train your guys into a new class. The second map should unlock new items that let you upgrade your units. Alternately, there's a tavern somewhere in each map to recruit a unique unit, with stats that are appropriate for that map. You might even be able to just buy up steel in the market (to craft the items you need to train) after hitting the second map.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

SynthesisAlpha posted:

I played that for a while. You need to train your guys into a new class. The second map should unlock new items that let you upgrade your units. Alternately, there's a tavern somewhere in each map to recruit a unique unit, with stats that are appropriate for that map. You might even be able to just buy up steel in the market (to craft the items you need to train) after hitting the second map.

Yeah I finally got to upgrade my cleric and now things are just melting

TK_421
Aug 26, 2005

I find your lack of faith disturbing.

Trastion posted:

I added my link (i think its right) to the spreadsheet.

Also I still see you listed on my friends board but I think something is messed up with it as I am now down to 4 friends and I was at 5 last time I looked. Not sure who is missing that was there before though.

I had most of you all added from the last sky force, but I don't see anyone in this game even after adding everyone. I disabled and reenabled Google play services, but I still only see the one Facebook friend that plays. Maybe it isn't recognizing the goons circle I have?

Any advice?

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

ryan_woody posted:

Any advice?
Something is broken, not sure if it's Play Games or Sky Force. I have everyone added and I only see 1-2 people in game and it changes every day who shows up.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

SynthesisAlpha posted:

Yeah I got bored with Nonstop Knight pretty fast as well. I like the idea of Idle Mage Attack but for some reason it just didn't hook me. gently caress me I reinstalled Tiny Tower instead :negative:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Montalvo posted:

Has anyone got a trip report for Final Fantasy Brave Exvius?

I've got 5.99 in funbux to burn, I'm picking this up.

The exploration maps will chug like rear end, once the Nexus 5 reaches throttle temperature.

I need to upgrade my phone this year... :sigh:

the auschwitz diet
Mar 19, 2004
I toast mine own alcoholism

Lutha Mahtin posted:

honestly, katamari is the one franchise where i am totally ok with them cashing in on a tapper game. i probably will not ever install it but i will assume that you sit and tap and more poo poo gets stuck onto your pile, which is exactly how it should be and i support this. make tappers great again :911:

Honestly it's a pretty bad and bland vanilla incremental, there aren't any meta shifts or breakthrough powerups or additional mechanics to unlock and it relies very heavily on physically tapping the game which leads to pretty fast burn out. I'm still playing it because loving Katamari and I'm with you, but I don't recommend it unless you want a few pleasant hours of nostalgia and nice music.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
Anyone still playing Phantom of the Kill? Is there a thread for it?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Apparently Kairosoft is working on a baseball game.. I will be all over that poo poo. Pocket Arcade Story is good (and my first Kairosoft joint in a while) but doesn't quite scratch the same itch that some of the other A+ titles from them have done for me in the past. Not sure what it is. The fighting mini game is pretty cool though.

IRSmurf
Mar 27, 2010

mrkillboy posted:

ARMA Mobile Ops is out for anyone interested in playing a Clash of Clans clone but with the ARMA brand slapped on to it.

I created the alliance HautKinkeJoes. You can request an invite in-game. You have to build the Alliance Center to unlock alliances. It costs 20k supply.

It's Bluestacks friendly, to boot.

IRSmurf fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Jul 3, 2016

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Indie fighting game Skullgirls is getting a mobile spin-off and it looks qute good. Anyone interested in getting into the closed beta can sign up right here.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
I, on the other hand, sit at my desk with a PC game paused while I play 20 minutes of Idle Mage Attack. Real good

FadedReality fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Jul 3, 2016

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Len posted:

Potsticker posted:

This is it, right?

This is great, especially since when I last checked the people behind a dark room hadn't made an android version, just an iOS one. If you're looking for a low-intensity game, I'd say check this out.

A few things to keep in mind when you're just starting:
  • Early on, keep at least 650 coins in your warehouse at all times for buying the random skills. Most cost 500, but the 650 one is very important.
  • You can long press items in the warehouse to sell them. It doesn't work for simpler items like stone and lumber, but it's useful if you set your craftsmen to something and wind up with a massive surplus while you're sleeping or such.
  • Buy leather. There's no easy way to get a useful amount of it for at least the first area since your only semi-reliable source is the small amount you get while adventuring.
  • You can use Alchemy 40 times while waiting for the Gather cooldown.
  • Keep an eye on your Produce options. As soon as it's available, focus on what you need for the first crucible upgrade. Doubling your Alchemy income is ridiculously important.
  • The first couple bag and carriage upgrades are very simple and very useful.
  • You can immediately revisit a location after clearing it out for a bread restock. You don't have to wait until your next time out.
  • Train your recruits. You can do without a cleric for almost everything, but having one for the final castle encounter is a good idea.
  • As soon as you get to the next area, check the Market for the patterns needed to further train your adventurers.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
For anyone who wishes Hearthstone had more characters from the Fox network's defunct Animation Domination programing block, here's a game for you.

It's in soft launch at the moment (not entirely sure which countries though), with a wider release expected later this year.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

mrkillboy posted:

For anyone who wishes Hearthstone had more characters from the Fox network's defunct Animation Domination programing block, here's a game for you.

It's in soft launch at the moment (not entirely sure which countries though), with a wider release expected later this year.

Huh, bugger, for once Australia isnt part of the soft launch.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the idea of collecting a hank hill themed deck appeals to me, but not enough to actually play a game which is so obviously terrible.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

FadedReality posted:

I, on the other hand, sit at my desk with a PC game paused while I play 20 minutes of Idle Mage Attack. Real good

I can't stop playing this dumb game, please send help

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Serious Frolicking posted:

the idea of collecting a hank hill themed deck appeals to me, but not enough to actually play a game which is so obviously terrible.

Pocket sand better be a card

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I'm totally late to the Sky Force chat, but hooooly poo poo, I love this game. I might even drop some survey bucks on it to support the dev, because I appreciate how much it doesn't shove IAP down my throat.

Irony.

EDIT: vvv Yeah, reloaded.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Jul 4, 2016

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I assume this is Sky Force Reloaded? I remember playing this game way back on one of my first Android phones and it surely has improved a lot since then.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I'm totally late to the Sky Force chat, but hooooly poo poo, I love this game. I might even drop some survey bucks on it to support the dev, because I appreciate how much it doesn't shove IAP down my throat.

Irony.

EDIT: vvv Yeah, reloaded.

I felt the ads weren't too intrusive so I went with the star doubler and that was a pretty good buy.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!

Mister Macys posted:

The exploration maps will chug like rear end, once the Nexus 5 reaches throttle temperature.

I need to upgrade my phone this year... :sigh:

I have a Nexus 6P. Exploration maps chug like rear end anyways. Poorly optimized.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

IAmTheRad posted:

I have a Nexus 6P. Exploration maps chug like rear end anyways. Poorly optimized.

Same on Nexus 5P. During a single exploration run, the main (big) part of the map will run the gamut from "acceptable speed" to "molasses in January". I haven't noticed any specific thing that makes it get better or worse. Every time it reloads the map after a fight or sub-room.....it's a lag adventure!! :iamafag:

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Onean posted:

This is great, especially since when I last checked the people behind a dark room hadn't made an android version, just an iOS one. If you're looking for a low-intensity game, I'd say check this out.

A few things to keep in mind when you're just starting:
  • Early on, keep at least 650 coins in your warehouse at all times for buying the random skills. Most cost 500, but the 650 one is very important.

Couple of followup questions:

* Is there anywhere I need to be to get that particular offer to come up? Once I had gold to spend I got a couple of offers from a General and one from a Monk, but everything else has been gambles and such.
* Where do I get the crafter that lets me make Dark Steel? I have the option to buy it in the Market but it's prohibitively expensive for the quantities I need, and that's the holdup on new classes to tackle world 4.
* Am I the only one for whom Mystic Castle sucks major battery?

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
A couple of interesting new releases today: Badland 2, that Iron Maiden RPG, and NBA Live for Mobile. I've been playing NBA Live for a few months (its been in soft launch for a long, long time) and I think its actually a pretty good game, though since its based around the Ultimate Team concept EA loves so much and uses for its other mobile sports games don't expect something that's fully featured like NBA 2K on mobile.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Jul 6, 2016

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

delfin posted:

* Is there anywhere I need to be to get that particular offer to come up? Once I had gold to spend I got a couple of offers from a General and one from a Monk, but everything else has been gambles and such.
* Where do I get the crafter that lets me make Dark Steel? I have the option to buy it in the Market but it's prohibitively expensive for the quantities I need, and that's the holdup on new classes to tackle world 4.
* Am I the only one for whom Mystic Castle sucks major battery?

Follow-up follow-up question when and were do I get mythril?

Enigma
Jun 10, 2003
Raetus Deus Est.

Len posted:

Follow-up follow-up question when and were do I get mythril?

Perks I think pop up randomly, though there is probably a connection to the level you are on. The prices go up a ton too. Just finished level 6 and bought one for 60k.

Dark steel I think you can produce after beating level 4. It's still probably better to buy though. I don't think you can get enough workers to make it full time. It costs 1 worker to consume 10 steel (10), which cost 4 iron each (40), which cost 2 bread (80), which each cost 2 wheat (160) (total 291, vs max of I think 210 workers). I just make coins and buy everything.

Mithril is unlocked for purchase after beating 5 I think and for forging after beating 6. Costs 4 dark steel.

Useful links I've found:
Facebook group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/126661967755809/

Upgrade tree
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8b7qQDte3mvVDdaSFJZMW5fWU0/view

Highest tier unit data
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-Oj9RW0fu0akJkHFdvnAnSe434H8DPQFKzLG7vAvLJ0/htmlview

TA thread with more info
http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=284987

Enigma fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Jul 6, 2016

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

And you thought they were cute and cuddly.

Hows that new Kairosoft Arcade game? Worth the $5?

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

delfin posted:

Is the Monk bread usage talent not 650? That's the one I'm thinking of there, and I got it relatively early so I may be wrong on the amount it costs.

Enigma posted:

Perks I think pop up randomly, though there is probably a link to the level you are on. The prices go up a ton too. Just finished level 6 and bought one for 60k.

Unlocked talents pop up randomly while you're in town, yeah. However, talents are unlocked by Trophy points, not area. You can view your points in the top left of the Trophy screen in the Tavern.

quote:

quote:

Dark steel I think you can produce after beating level 4.

Dark Steel can be made as soon as you hit area 3. At least, I can and that's where I've just reached and haven't had the time to explore these past few days. The craft is called Steel Smelter, just under Prayer for me.

Also of note so far is Alchemist to produce Arcane Powder and Engraver to make Seelen Wood. All three are unlocked without having to build a building, so it's easy to miss picking them up.

quote:

It's still probably better to buy though. I don't think you can get enough workers to make it full time. It costs 10 steel, which cost 4 iron each, which cost 2 bread, which each cost 2 wheat.

Yeah, either setting it up so your craftsmen produce coins, to just buy the dark steel, or a stockpile of iron/wheat/bread, to burn through while you're actively playing, while you're asleep or busy is the better way to go until you get around 300 population, if my math isn't wrong. (It's probably wrong.)

The same goes for Seelen wood, though you don't need as much of that so it's much easier to just buy.

Arcane Powder is just 100 crystal, so that's pretty sustainable to make a decent stockpile every now and then.

I haven't had too much of an issue with battery myself, on a Galaxy S5, but I'm only one person.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

JayKay posted:

Hows that new Kairosoft Arcade game? Worth the $5?

It's got the feel of classic Kairosoft.

You'll be able to get through the main game without really feeling strapped for cash unless you're very aggressive about changing stuff around.

It's not like the newer ones where you have to literally sit around for 15 minutes to buy a new potted plant.

The fighting system seems to be pretty grindy, you've just got to play a zillion matches to build up. It's fun though.

Game creation is a little opaque, it's not easy to figure out how to make a good game.

I'm liking it.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Pokemon GO is out for everyone!

edit: sorry, looks like its just for Australia/NZ.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Jul 6, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

*not available in Canada or UAE