Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Antares
Jan 13, 2006

Oberleutnant posted:

So i was out of the loop for a solid 12 hours today. Did anything major happen? I'm feeling bereft and confused because it doesn't sound like anything blew up in the PLP or the tory party?

jeremy corbyn brutally assaulted a female reporter with bazookas and machine guns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

They want to run the command deck (but they don't know who should be captain) or they're going to sink the whole ship.

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

cannot legally be sold as vodka
If they had a candidate lined up before the coup they might have had chance, but what has happened just looks pathetic. I wasn't a huge fan of Corbyn as a leader but frankly the PLP incompetence is making me look at him in a new light.

Vengeance of Pandas
Sep 8, 2008

THE TERRIBLE POST WENT THATAWAY!

DrSnakeLaser posted:

I misread the number, it's £320m to be paid by 2020 as part of the EU's investment into Cornwall, not the £350m "membership fee". People are worrying about whether they can get the full payment fast-tracked within the estimated 2 years it will take to leave the EU.

I have a little sympathy for Cornwall Council after visiting their Facebook page last week, I doubt most of them voted to Leave since they were fully aware of exactly how much EU money has been invested in the area and according to them were restricted from actively campaigning but happy to provide the info to anyone who asked. Having said that they've got no loving chance, England and Wales have just effectively told the EU to gently caress off I'm not sure they have an obligation to pay a single penny of that investment money and the longer the UK continues to dick around about article 50 the less goodwill we'll have during the negotiation period, which will be focused on what best serves London and the Tory party's corporate masters anyway.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!

Oberleutnant posted:

So i was out of the loop for a solid 12 hours today. Did anything major happen? I'm feeling bereft and confused because it doesn't sound like anything blew up in the PLP or the tory party?

JC lunged for a jouno. There's no recorded proof of this, which further proves how dangerous the man is if his punches and kicks are faster than the camera can pick up on. He should quit.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Desiderata posted:

How well do they think that is going to work? What wellspring of passionate centrists do they imagine this is drawing from?

Debate club membership in mid-tier universities I suppose?

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Oberleutnant posted:

The Eagle weakly flapped her wings, suggesting she might eventually intend to announce whether she intends to take flight.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

ThomasPaine posted:

So when the hell is Eagle going to put up or shut up and actually trigger a leadership election? Does she (and the PLP more broadly) not realise how weak they look?

It's literally:

PLP: 'WE'RE BOOTING YOU OUT IF YOU DON'T RESIGN!'
JC: 'OK good luck'
PLP: 'DON'T TEST US, WE WILL!'
JC: 'Cool whenever you're ready '
PLP: 'WE'LL GIVE YOU A DAY TO CONSIDER YOUR OPTIONS'
JC: 'No it's fine I can start whenever'
PLP: 'Ok two days'
JC: '...'

These guys would be the worst at poker, it's such an obvious bluff. Maybe they're too committed to back out now though. They know they won't win a a leadership challenge, and he's clearly not leaving voluntarily despite all the pressure they're putting on him. I wonder if there is a way of them stepping back gracefully without taking making the challenge in the end? Probably not. I hope the lot of them get deselected.

I can only imagine that Eagle and Watson have basically just been barracking with each other about which of them should run - but about which of them has to run, not which wants to. They MUST all have worked out by now that whoever runs both loses horribly, fucks their career, and most likely loses their job in somewhere between 9 months and 4 years?

Vengeance of Pandas
Sep 8, 2008

Not Operator posted:

JC lunged for a jouno. There's no recorded proof of this, which further proves how dangerous the man is if his punches and kicks are faster than the camera can pick up on. He should quit.

Enter the Corbyn - The PLP invite Jeremy to a martial arts tournament on their private island, Jeremy accepts but due to a mix-up thinks it's a jam contest. In the end it doesn't matter because none of the PLP's fighters show and he just wanders around the island sharing jam and thoughtful political policies with the party membership who attended to view the tournament.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

You know what gets me going, you know what makes me really loving pumped for politics? Bare knuckle, no holds barred, bloody, violent, sexy, revolutionary radical LOOKING AT WHAT THE OTHER GUY IS DOING AND DIALING IT BACK A BIT.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
"Fromage not farage"

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/jul/02/march-for-europe-eu-referendum-london-protest

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
So the takeaway from today is that jeremy corbyn must resign.

Btw i am informed that the "comedian" making cracks about not liking black people (to Antifascists at a demo in support of refugees and migrants) presents a show called The Revolution Will be Televised (or something like that). This might mean something to some people, but i'd never heard of this show before today.

Is this guy a known arsehole?

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

OwlFancier posted:

You know what gets me going, you know what makes me really loving pumped for politics? Bare knuckle, no holds barred, bloody, violent, sexy, revolutionary radical LOOKING AT WHAT THE OTHER GUY IS DOING AND DIALING IT BACK A BIT.

I think that's what they call muscular liberalism.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

OwlFancier posted:

Insurrectionary anarcho-compromise.

Malcolm XML
Aug 8, 2009

I always knew it would end like this.

uncanny valley

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

Vengeance of Pandas posted:

I have a little sympathy for Cornwall Council after visiting their Facebook page last week, I doubt most of them voted to Leave since they were fully aware of exactly how much EU money has been invested in the area and according to them were restricted from actively campaigning but happy to provide the info to anyone who asked. Having said that they've got no loving chance, England and Wales have just effectively told the EU to gently caress off I'm not sure they have an obligation to pay a single penny of that investment money and the longer the UK continues to dick around about article 50 the less goodwill we'll have during the negotiation period, which will be focused on what best serves London and the Tory party's corporate masters anyway.

the council maybe but the Cornish themselves can get hosed

it's like suicide bombers, I can understand their frustration and why they might feel like they had to do what they did in the context of geopolitics etc and in the abstract it's sad that people feel the need to kill random people and themselves to solve their problems and maybe their were things that could and should have been done differently but any actual sympathy evaporated with their torso and the room full of innocent bystanders

NO FUCK YOU DAD
Oct 23, 2008

Not Operator posted:

It's better than that. Not only is there no record, but Victoria McDonald, the alleged victim of the Corbyn Crossface, says it never happened.

ThomasPaine posted:

These guys would be the worst at poker, it's such an obvious bluff. Maybe they're too committed to back out now though. They know they won't win a a leadership challenge, and he's clearly not leaving voluntarily despite all the pressure they're putting on him. I wonder if there is a way of them stepping back gracefully without taking making the challenge in the end? Probably not. I hope the lot of them get deselected.
I said on maybe day two of this nonsense that the PLP look like a bunch of wannabe tough guys all yelling "hold me back!" at each other to hide the fact none of them have the stomach for the fight.

My opinion has not changed.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Oberleutnant posted:

Btw i am informed that the "comedian" making cracks about not liking black people (to Antifascists at a demo in support of refugees and migrants) presents a show called The Revolution Will be Televised (or something like that). This might mean something to some people, but i'd never heard of this show before today.

It's rubbish, I have no idea about the guy himself

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

I do actually think that Michael Gove's weird-looking face might be one of the few things it's not cool to mock him for. The guy genuinely, no-fooling looks like he's had reconstructive surgery done for something unpleasant.

That Roger Ebert jaw cancer picture might be a little too close to the truth.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Darth Walrus posted:

I do actually think that Michael Gove's weird-looking face might be one of the few things it's not cool to mock him for. The guy genuinely, no-fooling looks like he's had reconstructive surgery done for something unpleasant.

That Roger Ebert jaw cancer picture might be a little too close to the truth.

if it weren't ibreeding he'd use it as an excuse to say he loves the NHS

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
wait who the hell is owen smith

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

Angepain posted:

The next leader of the Labour Party.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Angepain posted:

the member for pontipines

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Oberleutnant posted:

It's BBC, it's supposed to be satirical pranks.

It's mostly poo poo, but they did do some funny stuff with bankers a few years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QV8vj7y2HKo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGTnMpFNGF4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPS6Q1lEUmw

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

namesake posted:

The next leader of the Labour Party.

hmm not sure if I like this chap. what is his position re: full anime luxury communism pro/against

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

Angepain posted:

He's a man in glasses and a suit

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

MrL_JaKiri posted:

He's a man in glasses and a suit

Also he was a lobbyist for Pfizer

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Angepain posted:

hmm not sure if I like this chap. what is his position re: full anime luxury communism pro/against

anime is mostly bad. full manga now. uk manga thread after all

people itt should read national quiz i think most will enjoy it

Jose fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Jul 2, 2016

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

I've seen leftist anime fans (who imo should be second up against the wall) constantly recommend Legend of Galactic Heroes, but gently caress knows if its legitimately good.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

"The 600 series had rubber skin. We spotted them easy,"

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

tooterfish posted:

It's BBC, it's supposed to be satirical pranks.

It's mostly poo poo, but they did do some funny stuff with bankers a few years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QV8vj7y2HKo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGTnMpFNGF4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPS6Q1lEUmw

Basically an unfunny UK attempt at the Chaser?

Vengeance of Pandas
Sep 8, 2008

Support Branime, give Nigel Farage the Braifus he deserves.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Gorn Myson posted:

I've seen leftist anime fans (who imo should be second up against the wall) constantly recommend Legend of Galactic Heroes, but gently caress knows if its legitimately good.

it's anime so very unlikely

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

Gorn Myson posted:

It's a magnificent grand space opera

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Nerrrrrrds.

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

Gorn Myson posted:

You know those really long BBC pseudo-historical dramas from the 80s which last hundreds of hours with wobbly sets and drab costuming?

It's like an anime version of that.

That said I didn't finish it but it's not awful.

ukle
Nov 28, 2005

Oberleutnant posted:

It seems clear nothing is going to happen till next weekend, as the PLP are inept as gently caress and Corbyn won't go till Chilcot is released.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

Nerrrrrrds.

national quiz is a good and funny manga and vaguely relevant to the thread but i'll stop posting about it

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Ratjaculation posted:

Basically an unfunny UK attempt at the Chaser?
More like an attempt to crossover Mark Thomas and Dom Joly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Angepain posted:

soft-left former shadow secretary for Wales and work and pensions under corbyn. Never went to Oxbridge, voted against Syrian airstrikes, considering an excellent speaker and generally well liked by most of the PLP and got a lot of praise for shellacking the Tories over the cuts to tax credits.

If he runs for leadership its meant to be an olive branch to the left wing of the party, he is not a Blairite and was considered to be relatively friendly with team Corbyn (though he backed Burnham)

• Locked thread