Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Haha, you're dieting, here's 2 dozen donuts.

gently caress you, nerdos!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr SoupTeeth
Jan 16, 2015
All us blobby nerdlingers are jealous of Sandi's mid 50's metabolism that's been the best at metabolizing ever since she was a little girl, enabling her to eat anything she wants and maintain an emaciated figure. Also, copious amounts of amphetamines help. That bitch is spun the gently caress out constantly.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Remember when the biggest thing that happened on an RTV was a cheesesteak truck being talking about?

Amazing, fresh content.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Philadelphia smells like cheesesteaks, dontchaknow

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016
But they release hundreds of hours of content, surely it has plenty of information

such as

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Philadelphia smells like cheesesteaks, dontchaknow

RIP

Mr SoupTeeth
Jan 16, 2015
That poor woman, thank god Ben betrays his position with tremendous odor and girth and has the same top speed as Henry the VIIIth. I can't fathom a more ineffectual stalker.

Tsar Mikey
Nov 30, 2005

When will then be now?

Guys, that was just a script one of Ben Lesnick, Developer's friends made to automatically grab screenshots when she was on the screen. No biggie. Just like the space door in CIG HQ is only some wood, paint and some old Sears garage door opener. Just like how SQ42 is gonna be out this year.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Mr SoupTeeth posted:

That poor woman, thank god Ben betrays his position with tremendous odor and girth and has the same top speed as Henry the VIIIth. I can't fathom a more ineffectual stalker.

The mass though. If you somehow get caught unaware around a corner you are basically being hit by a small passenger car.

Also

Tsar Mikey
Nov 30, 2005

When will then be now?

Ben has liabetes.

Mr SoupTeeth
Jan 16, 2015

Fat Shat Sings posted:

The mass though. If you somehow get caught unaware around a corner you are basically being hit by a small passenger car.

Also

I guess if he was hiding behind a tractor trailer, or possibly some kind of locomotive for concealment.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Mr SoupTeeth posted:

He looks like an inbred albino Gary Oldman, so I'm going with yes, yes he is.

Also, bow-ties make 99% of men look like a doofus.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
This dude fucks.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Bill Nye is the only man allowed to wear a bow tie

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
At one point the top result for how to tie a bow tie was a YouTube video where Bill Nye explained how to do it

Gamesguy
Sep 7, 2010

So has there been any major developments over the past 2000 pages?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Ben wanted to be Killdozer when he was a kid.

He's getting there :unsmith:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Literally The Worst posted:

At one point the top result for how to tie a bow tie was a YouTube video where Bill Nye explained how to do it

At one point? It should always be the top result :colbert:

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Bill Nye made an actual spacecraft and sent it into actual space cheaper and faster than Chris Roberts could make fake spacecraft you could play in fake space.

Makes you think.

Mr SoupTeeth
Jan 16, 2015

This is exactly how people 50 years ago imagined today's scientists would look.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Mr SoupTeeth posted:

This is exactly how people 50 years ago imagined today's scientists would look.

And they were right, just look at him!

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
I think SpaceX will send poo poo into orbit for $750 per pound. That's like 78 tons (almost 8 :lesnick:) that Chris could have sent into space.

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Jobbo_Fett posted:

No, as in snow. ;)

*sniff*

Snow everywhere! The mountain's covered in it! Snnnoorrrrtttt.

Mr SoupTeeth
Jan 16, 2015
The scope of CIG's failure really does sink in when literal spacecraft and missions achieve their goals within the same budget. Even more so with Crobert's claims that $1 development dollar without a publisher is equivalent to $4. He's basically pissed away two AAA games and two tent-pole Hollywood movies with absolutely nothing to show for it. I guess I really don't understand game development.

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

All this talk about bow ties made me want to confess. I have tried to watch the new dr who and I don't like it. It's just ok.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Seriously, man, before all your fur falls out. You need to chill and NOW!

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

How much do they ask for the RSI logo straitjackets?

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Fat Shat Sings posted:

But they release hundreds of hours of content, surely it has plenty of information

such as

And pretty soon they won't even be doing that.

But the most open game development ever.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

ZenMaster posted:

All this talk about bow ties made me want to confess. I have tried to watch the new dr who and I don't like it. It's just ok.

I'm too busy watching people stream Star Citizen to play Star Citizen myself.

Or do anything else, really.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

SelenicMartian posted:

How much do they ask for the RSI logo straitjackets?

Free of charge with admittance to the facility.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

skaboomizzy posted:

Very excited to order my SC polo shirt. I'm sure it will ship promptly, have quality stitching, be sized properly, and not be covered in industrial ooze from a leaking shipper container.

Yeah, like the time I ordered those Nike ID sneaks. They came from China.

Yeah, and I ordered 9 1/2 Wides. What I got was something a 6 year old would be hard pressed to fit on. And the nearest Nike store is well over 4 hours away. So that was a great experience. Really. At least for the $150, couldn't you have made them clown shoes, Nike?

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Jobbo_Fett posted:

"Star Citizen is a giant scam spanning the globe and involving tens of millions embezzled!"

-"I don't believe you, Mr. Smart."

"Would you believe a small scam with a few million?"

Called it by THAT much....

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Richie Stardust posted:

I'm watching the 40k movie right now and I told my wife "That's the guy from V for Vendetta and Lord of the Rings and poo poo. This guy is in everything!" But she pointed out that Hugo was in lotr and that this is Sam Neill...I poo poo.

Event Horizon?

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Lazrin posted:

not mad at all, he's irrelevant

but seeing this thread for the first time, and how you hang on his every word, has really driven it home for me. these are derek smart's lemmings, nothing else

i didn't think it would be this bad in here, but here we are.

My life for Smart

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

ZenMaster posted:

Tom Baker is the only real Dr. Who.

Sadly he still thinks he is the Doctor irl

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Streetroller posted:

he helped me in recouping my $3,000 I flushed down the toilet.
Sweet, I love a happy ending. What lengths did you have to go to? Legal action?

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Cobblers will have a thing or two to say if you hunt his procedurally generated birds

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Worms and spiders aren't animals.

Why would you hunt birds in space, and for that matter why would the birds be in space? Shouldn't they be in an atmosphere where they could fly?

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Berious posted:

Sweet, I love a happy ending. What lengths did you have to go to? Legal action?

I would assume so, they are using that hilariously illegal TOS to try and bully people right now, but any actual sign of someone taking real legal action will probably make them grant it

That might not be the case forever though since the scale of getting a refund went from

Just Ask
to
Press them
to
Threaten Chargeback
to
Cite Laws / Actually Chargeback
to
Literally file for court proceedings

The next step is making you fight the customer service representatives in a Kumite tournament with glass wrapped fists for refunds

At least they didn't promise free and easy refunds if you were ever unhappy with the project or their financials if they were two years late. Because if they had done that what they are doing now would obviously be a really lovely thing to do! If, in the unlikely event, that ever happened it would be like they told the customers one thing to get their money, then immediately rescinded those promises the first time they became inconvenient.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

A Neurotic Jew posted:

btw while we're on the subject I don't want goons to miss out on this special deal that's running for a limited time -

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/Sc-Track-Jacket-Cards-Combo/XS

No longer "IN STOCK!!!"

Fat Shat Sings posted:

I would assume so, they are using that hilariously illegal TOS to try and bully people right now, but any actual sign of someone taking real legal action will probably make them grant it

That might not be the case forever though since the scale of getting a refund went from

Just Ask
to
Press them
to
Threaten Chargeback
to
Cite Laws / Actually Chargeback
to
Literally file for court proceedings

The next step is making you fight the customer service representatives in a Kumite tournament with glass wrapped fists for refunds

At least they didn't promise free and easy refunds if you were ever unhappy with the project or their financials if they were two years late. Because if they had done that what they are doing now would obviously be a really lovely thing to do! If, in the unlikely event, that ever happened it would be like they told the customers one thing to get their money, then immediately rescinded those promises the first time they became inconvenient.

Unfortunately one of their customer service reps was recently in a bicycle accident and broke his wrists so CIG is hiring some A-list martial artists to fight on their team. Good luck, GOONIES.

• Locked thread