Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Iirc the scientists were just told to make gundams and then later found out the colony dropping part.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Let's ask Campbell Lane what is Operation Meteor!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7OSeEMxDKE

:ms:

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
That reminds me. I never watched Transformers, but when I saw one of the live-action Transformers movies Optimus Prime's voice was so familiar and nostalgic, I figured I must've seen Transformers in the past and just forgot about it.

Sometime later I figured out the actual reason that voice was so familiar

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

boom boom boom posted:

That reminds me. I never watched Transformers, but when I saw one of the live-action Transformers movies Optimus Prime's voice was so familiar and nostalgic, I figured I must've seen Transformers in the past and just forgot about it.

If you want a good modern Transformers series to watch, go check out Transformers Prime.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Neddy Seagoon posted:

If you want a good modern Transformers series to watch

Naw, I'm good. Robot should be war machines piloted by crazy teens. When robots start talking, I'm out*

*exception made for Orbital Frames

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

boom boom boom posted:

Naw, I'm good. Robot should be war machines piloted by crazy teens. When robots start talking, I'm out*

The gently caress you say about Chamber!?

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

boom boom boom posted:

Gaogaigar had talking robots and it was great.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
What are the odds December Sky ends with "New OVA Coming Soon"?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

boom boom boom posted:

What are the odds December Sky ends with "New OVA Coming Soon"?

Not high based on that screenshot. The second arc of Thunderbolt takes place much later. The extended footage might include the necessary setup for it, though.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Don't know if anyone has posted this, but they have a preview out for the English Dub of Thunderbolt: December Sky.

The Blu-Ray comes out on Saturday. The dub sounds pretty great, they really nailed Io's adrenaline junkie attitude. Sadly, Steve Blum does not voice everybody like I was hoping. Max Mittelman for Io and Johnny Yong Bosch for Daryl.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

boom boom boom posted:

Are you racist against AI robots? :colbert:

edit: Besides, Transformers: Prime should be watched by everyone. It's an amazing series - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vm8iAHB6VkY

TaurusOxford fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Jul 1, 2016

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Viz announced a license for Thunderbolt at AX.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

Viz announced a license for Thunderbolt at AX.

ahahahahahhahahaahha the day it's released and all the orders ship

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
It's for the comic.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

The GIG posted:

It's for the comic.

OK that's better.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/RPGSite/status/749389818325454849

Dessel
Feb 21, 2011

Who was in the picture the captain talked to in the latest episode of Gundam Unicorn? The design looks a bit like Kircheis from LOGH.

Edit: Image

Dessel fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Jul 3, 2016

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
It's Amuro, the protagonist of the original Gundam series.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
Bright having a headshot of Amuro but not Kamile (or Judau) seems weird, but then again parents seem to remember their first child best

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

i mean amuro is also dead whereas kamille is either a doctor or retarded and judau is living in a junkyard

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Amuro did sort of also prevent an extinction event asteroid smacking into the earth as well. Imagine all the lost Hamburgers if that happened.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Dessel posted:

Who was in the picture the captain talked to in the latest episode of Gundam Unicorn? The design looks a bit like Kircheis from LOGH.

Edit: Image

As others said, it's Amuro Ray, the protagonist of the original Gundam series and the Char's Counter-Attack movie. He was also present in Zeta Gundam, which took place after the original series, albeit in a supporting role.

In the original series, Bright is a young officer suddenly thrust into the captain role and having trouble dealing with it, while Amuro is a teenager having trouble with authority. They clash more than a few times. The fact that they ended up good friends over time is pretty nice.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I watched the trailer for the fourth episode of Origin. Am I right in assuming from the footage that they will actually show Operation British?

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Three Cookies posted:

i mean amuro is also dead whereas kamille is either a doctor or retarded and judau is living in a junkyard

Unicorn is after ZZ, so Kamille is a doctor and Judau hosed off to Jupiter.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Begemot posted:

And Hathaway is just awful.

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

Begemot posted:

i just remember that at some point he becomes a junk dealer and calls himself grey stoke while piloting a robot with a peg leg and dont really care about the timeline enough to know when it happens

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

its gump its gump

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Begemot posted:

So, he wasn't wrong about the 'living in a junkyard' bit?

(I don't actually know much of anything about UC Jovians, just that the planet apparently produces crazy rays.)

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

So, he wasn't wrong about the 'living in a junkyard' bit?

(I don't actually know much of anything about UC Jovians, just that the planet apparently produces crazy rays.)

Nothing good comes from Jupiter.

Not just in the UC, but in all Gundam continuities! It's all power-mad despots and gangsters as far as the eye can see.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

True GN drives have to be forged in Jupiter's orbit. The ones made on Earth spew cancer. That's pretty much the only time Jupiter is good for anything.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Begemot posted:

Not just in the UC, but in all Gundam continuities! It's all power-mad despots and gangsters as far as the eye can see.

Some of the gangsters are nice though.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Arcsquad12 posted:

I watched the trailer for the fourth episode of Origin. Am I right in assuming from the footage that they will actually show Operation British?

If it's finishing up Origin's pre-series material then yes, the manga covers Operation British and spends a few pages detailing its global impacts.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Droyer posted:

Some of the gangsters are nice though.

Yeah, in post-disaster, Jupiter's one of the LESS lovely places. Sure, you're going to have to make deals with the mob, but at least you're out from under Gjallarhorn's thumb, the economy isn't just funneling everything to Earth, and the raiders generally don't want to gently caress with the big syndicates. Sure, a lot of the bosses will gently caress you over in a second if they see more money in it, but that requires that they notice you first.

It probably says something that when the show needed someone whose response to the whole situation with Tekkadan was "What in the gently caress? No, seriously. What in the loving gently caress?", she was from out by Jupiter.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Hey, odd question. Are there any Gundam mangas with female leads/pilots? I've read the one about the development of the Zaku 1, and Gunota, and I kinda wanna read more robot mangas with female leads 'cause they're fun.

Doesn't even have to be UC, or even Gundam at all, but it's a little hard to find mecha stories with female main characters, that aren't just cheesecake.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?

Kurui Reiten posted:

Hey, odd question. Are there any Gundam mangas with female leads/pilots? I've read the one about the development of the Zaku 1, and Gunota, and I kinda wanna read more robot mangas with female leads 'cause they're fun.

Doesn't even have to be UC, or even Gundam at all, but it's a little hard to find mecha stories with female main characters, that aren't just cheesecake.

War in the Pocket comes to mind.

Edit: Oh wait you said mangas whoops.

The GIG fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Jul 3, 2016

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

Kurui Reiten posted:

Theres École du Ciel, a slightly pre-zeta one about a trainee.

Artum fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Jul 3, 2016

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

boom boom boom posted:

Shooting the dude tossed out of a plane gets me every time. If i ever have to murder someone, i hope i can replicate that.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Kurui Reiten posted:

Not Gundam, but Patlabor has a female MC. It's also my favorite anime.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Begemot posted:

Don't forget the liquid metal flower aliens!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Hey why do the Gundam SEED and Destiny "HD" versions look like such total garbage? Did they really just crop to 16:9 and do a bad upscale?