Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sweek0
May 22, 2006

Let me fall out the window
With confetti in my hair
Deal out jacks or better
On a blanket by the stairs
I'll tell you all my secrets
But I lie about my past

LordPants posted:

Football Weekly euro shows have been great.

Not quite as good as the raw stupidity of the preview shows but still fun.

Yeah I'm enjoying them and it's nice to receive them so soon after the game. Not enjoying the Football Ramble ones anywhere near as much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

whaaat Pexit was amazing. Shame the ramble won't talk about that Italy game, I'd love to hear what they'd say about it.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Ex Football Weekly pundit Kevin McCarra went missing, but apparently was found again.

:shrug:

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
I was just listening to the 11 Milners vs 11 Ronaldos bit on football weekly, which was great. So bullshit football chat - which player would make the best team of 11 of themselves?

(that's a surprisingly difficult question to word concisely)

My first shout would be Zidane. I think 11 Seedorfs would be an unbelievable team. I never saw Beckenbauer or Matthaus or Maldini. 11 26-year-old Steven Gerrards would be my favourite team ever.

Would probably have to be a midfielder but there's an argument for Philip Lahm, maybe Dani Alves? Cafu?

11 Maradonas.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
11 Thomas Mullers imo

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
Imagine playing against 11 Gennaro Gattusos

Gattussi.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
11 Rooneys .. he's played pretty much every position already anyway

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
11 zlatan's.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
I think the best would be someone like Pogba or Alaba.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
I'd like to watch 11 Felipe Melos play 11 Philippe Mexeses

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
11 peter crouchs vs 11 messis.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

11 Midos imo

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

trem_two posted:

I'd like to watch 11 Felipe Melos play 11 Philippe Mexeses

11 Vieiras vs 11 Roy Keanes

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Bobby Digital posted:

11 Vieiras vs 11 Roy Keanes

:fap:

Pat Mustard
Mar 9, 2013
11 Andy Gorams.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Pat Mustard posted:

11 Andy Gorams.

Vs 11 Kantes

Pat Mustard
Mar 9, 2013
The correct answer is Gary Breen.

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen
Suarez.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Pat Mustard posted:

11 Andy Gorams.

22 vs 11 wouldn't be fair

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
I miss Football Weekly / Euro Daily.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Mandalay posted:

I miss Football Weekly / Euro Daily.

... and it is back!

Ronaldo in tight draws pun was on point, imo.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I was going to post something sarcastic like every time a person says "you can probably hear the supporters behind me" you never can but to be fair you could hear the welsh fans on todays episode.

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
11 Heskeys

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

My mate reminded me of my favourite Ramble moment last night and I couldn't believe it wasn't already immortalised on youtube.

Behold, Ian Woan:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njs-d1aYq_c

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

I desperately hope the Griezmann Football Manager story is true.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Antti posted:

I desperately hope the Griezmann Football Manager story is true.

Oh my yes

WangNV
Mar 22, 2001
I'm so lonely
I'm out of things to listen to. Who's got recommendations for mid-summer replacement podcasts until the new season starts?

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
Tough to say. I tried the Analytics FC and Double Pivot podcasts but still come back to Football Weekly. You could try Howler.

psyer
Mar 26, 2013

WangNV posted:

I'm out of things to listen to. Who's got recommendations for mid-summer replacement podcasts until the new season starts?

European Football Show on Talksport2
http://talksport.com/european-football-show-podcast

It is actually a 2 hour radio show that airs Thursday on Talksport2 but they usually put it in a podcast after the show. It is hosted by Nat Coombs and Andy Brassell. Occasionally they have Paolo Bandini on.

BBC 5 Live Football Daily can be a decent podcast pending on who is on that day and what the topic may be.

In other news, looks like Rory Smith will not be a panelist on The Game podcast next season as he will join the New York Times.

https://twitter.com/NYTSports/status/750397313336668160

psyer fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Jul 14, 2016

Sad Panda
Sep 22, 2004

I'm a Sad Panda.
Aww, I liked Rory.

Of course the 5Live World Football Phone-in should be on everyone's podcast list. And I'm going to have to look at that European Football Show, just because Andy Brassell is fantastic.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
I disliked Rory as a podcaster. But Marcotti mentioned that it was The Game's last podcast, so maybe it's a moot point? Maybe I misinterpereted that.

WangNV
Mar 22, 2001
I'm so lonely
Thank you everybody. Trip report soon.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Mandalay posted:

I disliked Rory as a podcaster. But Marcotti mentioned that it was The Game's last podcast, so maybe it's a moot point? Maybe I misinterpereted that.

I assumed he meant for the season, but maybe not. They usually did something for major tournaments though and there was nothing for the Euros at all. It would be a shame if it was finished as I really like The Game. It's dryer than Football Weekly, but it's often more interesting. Their rotation of panellists are much more interesting on average than the Guardian's one.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

Mickolution posted:

I assumed he meant for the season, but maybe not. They usually did something for major tournaments though and there was nothing for the Euros at all. It would be a shame if it was finished as I really like The Game. It's dryer than Football Weekly, but it's often more interesting. Their rotation of panellists are much more interesting on average than the Guardian's one.

I also enjoy(ed) The Game and would be sad to see it go. Alas.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
You can always listen to athletico mince

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
Try the World Football Phone In for the curious blend of drunk British pub bores and American sperglords testing Tim Vickery's infinite patience

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
There is football ramble book.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Football-Ramble-Marcus-Speller/dp/1780896344/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1468936443&sr=8-1&keywords=football+ramble

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
They are turning it into the Top Gear of podcasts

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Football Weekly is back. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

LordPants posted:

Football Weekly is back. :)

Simon Burnton is a terrible presenter. Um, uh, <noncommittal opinion>, err, <regurgitated cliche>