Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Equilibrium posted:

This game is... good.

:yeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Equilibrium posted:

This game is... weird.

That's what I adored about the gamecube era. They took risks and produced offbeat entries for all their IPs. Luigi's Mansion, Sunshine, Wind Waker, Metroid Prime, etc. It felt like one of the most unique eras of Nintendo.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Random Stranger posted:

And they still couldn't make the level design great. So that sounds about right.

I haven't played sunshine yet but I think I would like it

I think what I mean more is sunshine looks like an actual video game with very clear objectives and movement behavior, adventure 1 looks like a weird art project by first time coders created out of pure contempt for the player

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
HOW DARE YOU INTERRUPT MY FAMILY VACATION! :byodood:

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
I think I will try this out for most of the runs I'm around to watch. people always ask about which runs are worth watching so I'll post these as a reference while it's fresh in my mind. Maybe other people can do these so we have a reference for every run, for vod watchers after the event's over?

Super Mario Sunshine, any%

~6 minutes of cutscenes at the start you can skip on VOD without missing anything. Minimal downtime during run itself.
Cool new skips and glitches, some discovered as recently as a month and a half before the run!
Being a 3D mario game, lots of technical tricks and movement tech.
Good runner with strong commentating and chill couch. Couple of chokes on the runner's part, but it's never awkward and everyone takes it in stride.
Despite being any%, features each location at least once!

Run rating: 7.5/10
A very good run.

vv fair enough, I'm just a sucker for 3d mario. It gets points for being an hour long run, which is usually the sweet spot for these.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

^^ I enjoyed this run but an 8 is a bit much, I'll need you to bring that down to a 7 or 7.5

also why is mario being such a dick to bowser in this game? to me it looks like he's just kickin it with peach in his hottub and things look pretty chill

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
Yo gently caress yo tub Bowser!

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

I wish Bowser keep his goofy voice.

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
Sunshine was a good Mario game in the third dimension. I hope they do another open air Mario game because Galaxy didnt quite scratch that itch for me.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Bowser is the size of Godzilla
Bowser Jr. is the size of Mario

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

That dude was a great runner with great commentary. Good way to start this marathon :sax:

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Jarogue posted:

I wish Bowser keep his goofy voice.

He will always have that voice in my heart.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

https://gamesdonequick.com/tracker/bids/sgdq2016

Looks like Sam won :toot:

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Pakled posted:

He will always have that voice in my heart.

Maybe they'll give it to Ganondorf in the new Zelda game.

I'm really not looking forward to a voice acted Zelda game, but maybe if it's done like Mario Sunshine it'll be fine.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I never got why FLUDD was slowly dying during the Bowser fight.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Man, that RooCRY name came out of nowhere.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Oh gently caress yeah Sonic Advance music.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

sout posted:

who's Jeff supposed to be anyway
Jeff is a meme callback to RPG Limit Break

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Electric Phantasm posted:

FLUDD ....never ...existed

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Minrad posted:

I think I will try this out for most of the runs I'm around to watch. people always ask about which runs are worth watching so I'll post these as a reference while it's fresh in my mind. Maybe other people can do these so we have a reference for every run, for vod watchers after the event's over?

~6 minutes of cutscenes at the start you can skip on VOD without missing anything. Minimal downtime during run itself.
Cool new skips and glitches, some discovered as recently as a month and a half before the run!
Good runner with strong commentating and chill couch. Couple of chokes on the runner's part, but it's never awkward and everyone takes it in stride.

A very good run.

vv fair enough, I'm just a sucker for 3d mario. It gets points for being an hour long run, which is usually the sweet spot for these.

Good idea

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.
HUMBLE SGDQ BUNDLE

https://www.humblebundle.com/sgdq-2016-bundle

buy freedom planet

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Minrad posted:

A very good run.

Great idea, but I'm too busy shitposting and watching speedruns to actually write stuff :(

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Minrad posted:

If people have time and interest of doing this it would help a lot. I will try to do my part when I'm watching early morning euro times or something.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Don't they usually add games to the list as the event goes on?

I wonder what will get added.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Because when they feel FLUDD fell off Mario back and broke also E. Glad has been to lazy to fix/upgrade it.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the heat of the volcano was making all the water that powers it evaporate, i guess??

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

The couch looks too small for even three normal sized adults, let alone ... more ample gentlemen.

Need new couch.

e: I like that they added the info on what music is playing.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Crain posted:

Man, that RooCRY name came out of nowhere.

It's this fuckhead:

https://twitter.com/AdmiralBahroo

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Azazell0 posted:

The graphics and tech has gotten really good and I'm proud of everyone involved :3:

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Well I threw $25 more for Sam.

Hopefully she gets it.

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy

TIL I have no idea who this person is. Aging owns sometimes.

Artic Puma
Jun 22, 2007

Chef Curry with the pot, boy!

Azazell0 posted:

:agreed:

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

NO! NO! FUCKER!

Roocry's ahead. Rally, people!

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

:rip:

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

gently caress OFF

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

DoctorWhat posted:

NO! NO! FUCKER!

Roocry's ahead. Rally, people!

Oh well.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

huh, weird.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Wow, that bunghole.

Congratulations! You Won.
Mar 21, 2007

THE FUTURE IS UNWRITTEN

Just remember, in the long run, it's all going to charity.

Also, gently caress the internet, forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

I'm furious.

• Locked thread