Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

shiksa posted:

Time and NBC have articles up in the past hour about the source of the sheriff's badge tweet. Lol cool

fantastic

Cardboard Box A posted:

So that fishbonehead1 account just peaced the gently caress out of twitter... hmmmm.... :raise:

Perhaps they are an actual trumpstaffer?

Probably realized he was doing damage to Herr Trump and honorably made his account private for awhile to keep people from digging up dirt (probably too late for that though - any press knows to get screencaps first and foremost)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Cardboard Box A posted:

So that fishbonehead1 account just peaced the gently caress out of twitter... hmmmm.... :raise:

Perhaps they are an actual trumpstaffer?

It was Eric's account for when he wanted to let his hair down wash the gel out

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
im the new sheriff around here

*spits into spittoon*

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Baloogan posted:

these guys focus on /pol/'s negative aspects waaay too much. people don't say "on roads typically neo-Nazis, anti-Semites and white supremacists drive"

because they do drive on roads

I thought they took trains.

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008

Flavahbeast posted:

humm, 20th century activists had some interesting things to say about Mrs. Sanger

- probably adolf hitler or someone

probably adolf hitler or someone posted:

Succinctly and with telling brevity these two words sum up our whole philosophy. Birth Control does not mean contraception indiscriminately practised. It means the release and cultivation of the better elements in our society, and the gradual suppression, elimination and eventual extinction, of defective stocks--those human weeds which threaten the blooming of the finest flowers of American civilization.

https://www.nyu.edu/projects/sanger/webedition/app/documents/show.php?sangerDoc=306641.xml

actually her documents are loving gold, MLK got taken for a ride

http://sangerpapers.org/sanger/app/documents/show.php?sangerDoc=129037.xml

hitler's waifu posted:

(c) keep the doors of Immigration closed to the entrance of certain aliens whose condition is known to be detrimental to the stamina of the race, such as feeble-minded, idiots, morons, insane, syphilitic, epileptic, criminal, professional prostitutes, and others in this class barred from entrance by the Immigration Laws of 1924.

(d) apply a stern and rigid policy of sterilization, and segregation to that grade of population whose progeny is already tainted or whose inheritance is such that objectionable traits may be transmitted to offspring.

Thunderbro fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Jul 3, 2016

Nameless_Steve
Oct 18, 2010

by Pragmatica

Thunderbro posted:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/may/5/grossu-margaret-sanger-eugenicist/

what's that

oh I see it is actually a f-f-false narrative and it is actually racist when you point out she was a terrifying eugenicist

It doesn't make you a racist, it just makes you an idiot.
Because all it takes to make you believe something stupid is to repeat it over and over again.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

god if only that moron MLK had you

Swedgin
Aug 22, 2006

by exmarx
CNN has an article on their front page: http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/02/politics/donald-trump-tweet-graphic-star-hillary-clinton/index.html

this is the concluding paragraph:

quote:

Trump has also previously retweeted tweets from apparent neo-Nazi supporters, including one from the account "@WhiteGenocideTM," which also tweeted numerous quotes from Nazi propagandist Joseph Goebbels.

these are some cool and good optics for the Donald J. Trump campaign

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008

Nameless_Steve posted:

It doesn't make you a racist, it just makes you an idiot.
Because all it takes to make you believe something stupid is to repeat it over and over again.

:ironicat:

https://books.google.com/books?id=A...colored&f=false

Margaret Sanger posted:

Among our more than 100,000,000 population are Negroes, Indians, Chinese and other colored people to the number of 11,000,000. There are also 14,500,000 of foreign birth...Fifty percent are of the native white strain...the slums of Europe dumped their submerged immigrants into America...The 1920 census will in all probability tell a story of an even greater and more serious problem than did the last... Do these elements give promise of a better race? Are we doing anything genuinely constructive to overcome this situation?

Thunderbro fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Jul 3, 2016

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Lots of people believed in retarded bullshit in the 20th century. Until the green revolution there were a lot of Malthusians like Sanger who believed that government controls on reproduction were the only way to prevent massive famines. That doesn't necessarily make Sanger a racist, at least not compared to her contemporaries. I don't think MLK got "taken for a ride" here

Flavahbeast fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Jul 3, 2016

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
Man this Sanger lady is a piece of work, can't believe Hillary might have said something positive about her once. Better back sherrifs badge enthusiast, and fan of sleeping next to a copy of mein Kampf, Donald Trump.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

emfive posted:

Finding somebody in the West in the late 18th century with attitudes that today we'd judge as progressively non-racist would be really hard.

John Laurens comes really loving close

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008

shiksa posted:

Man this Sanger lady is a piece of work, can't believe Hillary might have said something positive about her once. Better back sherrifs badge enthusiast, and fan of sleeping next to a copy of mein Kampf, Donald Trump.

Yeah I can't believe a US Presidential candidate considered a KKK Cyclops her mentor, quotes an extreme eugenicist as one of her great inspirations, and called black youth superpredators either. It's pretty insane!

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I cannot condone the actions of those who endorse racists. This is why I am backing the guy who retweets @WhiteGenocideTM.

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."

Py-O-My posted:

lmao he deleted it

Can't imagine why?

Nameless_Steve
Oct 18, 2010

by Pragmatica

OH NO

DISCUSSION OF DEMOGRAPHICS

The "problem" to which she's referring is... illiteracy and poverty.
The race she's referring to is... the human race.
You can see this by reading in between the ellipses.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Let us not forget how in the distant past there were folks who doubted the efficacy of vaccines and even sought to cast doubt on them by declaring them the cause of multiple human frailties. Or how in the Dark ages there were folk who were convinced of the healing powers inherent in trace amounts of a substance diluted into vast amounts of water. Or those misguided folk who declared most of the food produced in their time as unfit for human consumption due to genetic tampering.

Nameless_Steve
Oct 18, 2010

by Pragmatica

Thunderbro posted:

I am (...) a racist, misandrist, mass-murder and then have the gall to preach delusion to other people.

See? It's easy and fun to take things out of context.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Thunderbro posted:

Yeah I can't believe a US Presidential candidate considered a KKK Cyclops her mentor, quotes an extreme eugenicist as one of her great inspirations, and called black youth superpredators either. It's pretty insane!

I don't know how you're going to keep up the pissbaby whining until November, but I'm looking forward to finding out

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008

Nameless_Steve posted:

OH NO

DISCUSSION OF DEMOGRAPHICS

The "problem" to which she's referring is... illiteracy and poverty.
The race she's referring to is... the human race.
You can see this by reading in between the ellipses.

Whatever helps you cope with your abuela being a consistently racist monster, bro. I'm sure it's hard to accept.

Mega64 posted:

I cannot condone the actions of those who endorse racists. This is why I am backing the guy who retweets @WhiteGenocideTM.

One of a guy's 32.4K retweeted shitposts came from a racist on the Internet! That's the same as endorsing him and calling him a close confidant and inspiration! Burn him!

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Thunderbro posted:

One of a guy's 32.4K retweeted shitposts came from a racist on the Internet! Burn him!

One, sure lol

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."

Thunderbro posted:

One of a guy's 32.4K retweeted shitposts came from a racist on the Internet! Burn him!

Well we're at least at three by my count. I'm curious if there is a number where you'd stop supporting him?

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008

DynamicSloth posted:

Well we're at least at three by my count. I'm curious if their is a number where you'd stop supporting him?

Definitely a number above 0.0001% of his total posts. Instantly if he were to start talking about how extreme racists and eugenicists were his friends and inspiration.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
Stones and glass houses and all that, who among us hasn't retweeted a halfdozen genocidal little eichmanns, it can happen to anyone

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
its almost like trump says racist things because hes a racist idk

Nameless_Steve
Oct 18, 2010

by Pragmatica

Thunderbro posted:

Whatever helps you cope with your abuela being a consistently racist monster, bro. I'm sure it's hard to accept.

Whatever helps you cope with the fact that I just owned your lying rear end with facts and evidence, you gaslighting neofascist.

Also, recently I've been thinking that Hillary reminds me more of my bubbe. I wonder why?

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
its almost like trump supporters are also racist, because they support donald trump, a racist

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am.
Retweets are not endorsements, guys. :rolleyes:

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Xandu posted:

Can you rescind an endorsement now by just deleting the tweet?

Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

Xandu posted:

cop badge wasn't an RT though

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Thunderbro posted:

Definitely a number above 0.0001% of his total posts. Instantly if he were to start talking about how extreme racists and eugenicists were his friends and inspiration.

0.0001% = 1 in 1 million, at that rate you should have stopped supporting him a while ago

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008

Nameless_Steve posted:

Whatever helps you cope with the fact that I just owned your lying rear end with facts and evidence, you gaslighting neofascist.

Also, recently I've been thinking that Hillary reminds me more of my bubbe. I wonder why?

"You're insane, take your pills!"

"Gaslighting neofascist!"

"I sure owned that guy by completely rewriting the words out of the book he posted :shepface:"

Flavahbeast posted:

0.0001% = 1 in 1 million, at that rate you should have stopped supporting him a while ago

dang you caught me, I meant to say more than 3 in 30,000 but I didn't care enough about my internet post. it's over :negative:

anotherone
Feb 8, 2001
Username taken, please choose another one

Thunderbro posted:

dang you caught me, I meant to say more than 3 in 30,000 but I didn't care enough about my internet post. it's over :negative:

What if, say, 62% of the people he retweeted in a week were white supremacists? Is that still below your threshold?

http://www.getlittlebird.com/blog/data-62-of-the-people-donald-trump-rted-this-week-follow-multiple-white-supremacist-accounts

Greatest hits:

http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2016/07/03/3795294/3-white-supremacists-twitter-inspire-donald-trump/

anotherone fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Jul 3, 2016

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Its hard to get your racist retweet ratio up when you spend so much time wishing the haters and losers a happy 9/11, I think that may be a hard metric to go by

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Nonsense posted:

Can you rescind an endorsement now by just deleting the tweet?

No no no this is completely wrong.

You disavow the endorsement. Just like that, problem solved.

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008

What if you got that from a source that wasn't owned by Center for American Progress, whose president and CEO directly worked for Hillary Clinton's campaign?

Then we might have something to talk about.

shiksa posted:

Its hard to get your racist retweet ratio up when you spend so much time wishing the haters and losers a happy 9/11, I think that may be a hard metric to go by

Yeah it's tough to keep your racist retweets high when you have the real tough dogs watching the problems that matter: sheriff stars on pictures

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
It's so weird to see something like this up close. Do you think you're just being a troll and pretending to deny reality? Did you just buy into it completely? Is there a difference?

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Gary Johnson called Hillary and Trump racist right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nameless_Steve
Oct 18, 2010

by Pragmatica

I only called you a neofascist to note the hypocrisy of a Trump supporter reeeeeally reaching to call other candidates racist.

By your own argument, if Hillary had retweeted Margaret Sanger instead of saying something nice about her out loud, there'd be no problem. Even if Sanger were racist, that would be "less than 0.0001%" of all the people Hillary has ever said something nice about.

• Locked thread