Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

apple
May 18, 2003

Jose in the club wearing orange suspenders
Nash VTrigger is not a true reversal, but it still has a lot of utility on defense as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
People can't even time meaties to beat 3f normals in this game, a teleport with 1 vulnerable frame is basically a reversal.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
https://twitter.com/Skab84/status/749607416656859136

Revelant posted:

I made a video of some pre-release combos that I havent seen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi_pbzS6whM

Thanks for this. :)

EDIT: VVV Looks like Bison's from the pose (which fits, oddly enough)

bhsman fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Jul 3, 2016

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Oh cool, people have already made Gill's model swappable onto playable characters

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
Yes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLkRahTwhxg

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
As cool as you're desired character is they have to have a good reversal to tackle Mika to start, and preferably have a decent jab. This is sf5 land now.

The second I saw Pr getting hype about Balrog, I said in his chat, unless his reversal is good say RIP to online mikas.

His first set?

Online Mika.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

While characters like Birdie needed changing and got it for the better, and bison got a decent amount of tools in exchange for his changes it seems like zangief got the shittiest end of the stick on that part and that Juri was too new to need changes like she got.

It'd be like giving decapre a new move set

or a spot in this game.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
no no Decapre is cool

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Real hurthling! posted:

What do characters without invincible reversals usually have to compensate that makes rog so bad?

I cannot place any rhyme or reason to characters without even a bad reversal.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Firstborn posted:

In Dan's summary in the shop for Zangief's Macho Man costume it says he looks exactly like another game character that spits yellow mist. What?

As the other guy said, all I can think of is Raiden from KOF, anyone else have any idea?

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

let me just check my figures real quick here
Grimey Drawer
Ibuki is invincible for a a few frames after landing a whiffed air throw.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdV60kiUCQY

Neat.

That Ignorant Sap
Nov 20, 2010

YOU AIN'T LOOKIN' AT A
BUNCH OF RHINOS, HERE.

Commissar Ken posted:

All I can think of is Raiden/Big Bear in the Fatal Fury/KOF games but he spits green mist usually. Did someone from Saturday Night Slam Masters spit mist?

Jumbo sprayed mist, though I believe it was whatever color his costume was.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

That Ignorant Sap posted:

Jumbo sprayed mist, though I believe it was whatever color his costume was.

When did Rufus and Zangief mate?

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

Medullah posted:

When did Rufus and Zangief mate?

After R. Mika inevitably bore Zangief's only child, the young rebellious upstart shunned the power of Muscle Spirit in favor of Uncle Rufus' school of Kung Fu and chicken nuggets.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Nodoze posted:

no no Decapre is cool

paging nodoze

https://www.reddit.com/r/StreetFighterMods/comments/4r1m3n/the_dolls_mods_for_cammy/

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

okay, so, like, how are none of them blonde?

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

Also fun fact: they're all named after months of the year in various languages: Enero, Fevrier, Martz, Satsuki, .. Juli ...

Love Stole the Day fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Jul 3, 2016

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
The one that chucks spears is a dick gently caress that fight

That Ignorant Sap
Nov 20, 2010

YOU AIN'T LOOKIN' AT A
BUNCH OF RHINOS, HERE.
Found a mod in the works to add Gill.

It's....unrefined at the moment.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Re: Juri's fireball

Realized I hadn't tested something and turns out I'm super dumb; storing the different strengths just changes the properties of her kick move, which follow the shape of the fireball listed. Weird that they would remove them entirely.

Goetta posted:

The one that chucks spears is a dick gently caress that fight

The one with the uzi would start pulling out these long combos out of nowhere; they put a lot of effort into giving them all personalized moves and we may never see them all of them as playable.

Speaking of which, if you had to make a short list for season 2's DLC characters, who would you predict? Right now I'm thinking:

-Sakura
-Decapre
-Sagat
-Akuma
-Ed (as a new character)
-Abel

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

I'd like to see Gouken come back again but I somehow doubt it'll actually happen.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I'm just glad Abel is very likely coming next year. I tried to play him in SFIV but just couldn't get it. Maybe this time I'll actually be able to main the character I want.

I just really wish Rashid had better damage. V-Trigger setups can only go so far.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

bhsman posted:

Realized I hadn't tested something and turns out I'm super dumb; storing the different strengths just changes the properties of her kick move, which follow the shape of the fireball listed. Weird that they would remove them entirely.

The one with the uzi would start pulling out these long combos out of nowhere; they put a lot of effort into giving them all personalized moves and we may never see them all of them as playable.

Speaking of which, if you had to make a short list for season 2's DLC characters, who would you predict? Right now I'm thinking:

-Sakura
-Decapre
-Sagat
-Akuma
-Ed (as a new character)
-Abel

Sagat is probably going to be the first character on the DLC list for season 2 I think, since Ono hinted at him in a twitter post.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

No way Gill won't be in season 2 with the teaser at the end of story mode.

I kinda want C. Viper to return and she appeared in one of the character stories.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

ApplesandOranges posted:

I'm just glad Abel is very likely coming next year. I tried to play him in SFIV but just couldn't get it. Maybe this time I'll actually be able to main the character I want.

I just really wish Rashid had better damage. V-Trigger setups can only go so far.

His v-trigger included combos still have poo poo damage

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

At this point if capcom keeps charging for everything from more characters, to not selling colors etc, I'll just wait for a more final version of the game to go on sale.

Season pass didn't even get people all the content lol.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

SectumSempra posted:

At this point if capcom keeps charging for everything from more characters, to not selling colors etc, I'll just wait for a more final version of the game to go on sale.

Season pass didn't even get people all the content lol.

Summer is a new season technically

Boy howdy how I love getting a low health recovery supplement on a final survival stage.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Hey, I have a kind of weird question about story mode for people who have gone through it:

How much is Alex in it? Does he have like, a major role and stuff?

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

WickedHate posted:

Hey, I have a kind of weird question about story mode for people who have gone through it:

How much is Alex in it? Does he have like, a major role and stuff?

He's barely in it at all.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Peewi posted:

He's barely in it at all.

Aww. :( That's pretty disappointing.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

WickedHate posted:

Aww. :( That's pretty disappointing.

He's kind of in a weird place story-wise because 3rd Strike is when he's supposed to make his mark on the world (IIRC he wins a world championship) so they can't have him do too much (same thing with his side story). What I'd be interested to see is if they decide to use Season 2 or 3 (if we get that far) to do a re-telling of the events of SF3.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

bhsman posted:

He's kind of in a weird place story-wise because 3rd Strike is when he's supposed to make his mark on the world (IIRC he wins a world championship) so they can't have him do too much (same thing with his side story). What I'd be interested to see is if they decide to use Season 2 or 3 (if we get that far) to do a re-telling of the events of SF3.

Hopefully. I really like SF3 and the characters therein. I'd love Q and Remy to show up as DLC down the line.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Peewi posted:

No way Gill won't be in season 2 with the teaser at the end of story mode.

I kinda want C. Viper to return and she appeared in one of the character stories.

Maybe season 2 will have arcade mode with gill as a boss only character or something

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

hiddenriverninja posted:

Summer is a new season technically

Boy howdy how I love getting a low health recovery supplement on a final survival stage.

:same:

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

bhsman posted:

-Sakura
-Decapre
-Sagat
-Akuma
-Ed (as a new character)
-Abel

Since you didn't list Q, I can only assume you're garbage rear end.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

A.o.D. posted:

Since you didn't list Q, I can only assume you're garbage rear end.

F-f-forgive me, I forgot... :negative:

Q actually strikes me as an easy to port character on paper; his 3S taunt would be his V-Skill (maybe with a different effect, though) and his 'explosive state' Super could be his V-Trigger.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

bhsman posted:

F-f-forgive me, I forgot... :negative:

Q actually strikes me as an easy to port character on paper; his 3S taunt would be his V-Skill (maybe with a different effect, though) and his 'explosive state' Super could be his V-Trigger.

I was thinking that he'd have something like a parry or armor for his v-skill, and his V-trigger would be a permanent install like Necalli that gives him the permanent defense buff.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
I just want to take a moment to appreciate that this thread has done a complete u-turn in recent days.

edit-- and apparently all it took were a bunch of anime dolls lmao

Love Stole the Day fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Jul 4, 2016

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Love Stole the Day posted:

I just want to take a moment to appreciate that this thread has done a complete u-turn in recent days.

edit-- and apparently all it took were a bunch of anime dolls lmao

oh no everyone still thinks the game is terrible.

theres just new content of characters people like in a worse setting.

Pr rogs excitement and then disappointment is the exact path that everyone else's expectations will take once their character of preference is released.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
I just hopped back into the game for the first time in a month, got a balanced match within ~20 seconds of ranked searching, and it felt pretty lag-free.

I hope the other guy wasn't lagging horribly. :(