Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Raygereio posted:

Yes. The question will be what's going to be compatible, what will require patches/conversion, etc. If you're not able to figure that stuff out on you're own, you could try asking ask Ederal's creators about it.

Edit:
Looking over Enderal's FAQ:
- Enderal will come with it's own version of SkyUI.
- Enderal uses light sources & color filters differently then Skyrim. This means that ENB can be used with Enderal, by any preset designed for Skyrim will look lovely. You'll need a preset custom tailored for Enderal.
- Any mod that depends on Skyrim.esm as a master won't work. Depending on what the mod exactly does, they can be converted to work with Enderal however.
Basic mesh & texture replacers will work, but the question will be if they'll still look good with how Enderal uses those assets.

Ah! Thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I wish more games featured women turning into toilets. I want toilet transformers.
So i'm playing enderal right now, and i have to say the opening sequence for it is far better than nehrims or even other games.
Trippy too.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

GunnerJ posted:

Welp, I did a thing: https://modsofskyrim.wordpress.com/

My "solid idea" did not take into account that installing all the various plugins I'd have wanted to use would require hosting the site software independently, which is a bridge too far right now for a goon project I don't know will even get off the ground. But it can handle posting reviews, which should be enough for now.

If you want to get involved, use the contact form, put your SA user name in it, and give me an idea of what you'd want to write about.

Needs a title for the top banner that makes an offensive acronym.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Rrussom posted:

So i'm playing enderal right now, and i have to say the opening sequence for it is far better than nehrims or even other games.
Trippy too.

The wait continues :shepicide:

But really with the extra time, hopefully someone makes a good ENB preset for it, and they work out any major scripting bugs.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Rrussom posted:

Trippy too.

is there english subs in this release? i know the dub is out later

nvm

Dongicus fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Jul 3, 2016

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I wish more games featured women turning into toilets. I want toilet transformers.

Dongicus posted:

is there english subs in this release? i know the dub is out later

nvm

No but its still playable if you dont mind using google translate within the steam browser for a few things.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

Eric the Mauve posted:

Needs a title for the top banner that makes an offensive acronym.

ILFMOSHDUE is offensive just on sheer senselessness.

Head Hit Keyboard
Oct 9, 2012

It must be fate that has brought us together after all these years.

That Ignorant Sap posted:

Apocalypse has an apprentice level spell called Soul Cloak. Cast it and there's a soul trap aura around you for a minute or two depending on perks and whatnot. Kill anything and you trap it (well, if you have a large enough gem, anyway).

Combine this some form of Auto Casting like Smart Cast and basically turn off your brain as you capture every soul you fight.

That Ignorant Sap
Nov 20, 2010

YOU AIN'T LOOKIN' AT A
BUNCH OF RHINOS, HERE.

Head Hit Keyboard posted:

Combine this some form of Auto Casting like Smart Cast and basically turn off your brain as you capture every soul you fight.

There's actually another alteration spell in Apocalypse called Ocato's Recital. Lets you store up to 3 (single cast) buff spells. Put, say, flame cloak in your left hand, cast OR in your right. Now equip ironflesh in your left hand, cast OR. Last, another spell like Muffle, or Soul Cloak, cast OR a third time. Now when ever you enter combat, those 3 buffs are cast for free. Every. Time. Recast OR with an empty opposite hand to clear the spots for different spells.
Overpowered? Definitely. But oh so :black101:

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

That Ignorant Sap posted:

There's actually another alteration spell in Apocalypse called Ocato's Recital. Lets you store up to 3 (single cast) buff spells. Put, say, flame cloak in your left hand, cast OR in your right. Now equip ironflesh in your left hand, cast OR. Last, another spell like Muffle, or Soul Cloak, cast OR a third time. Now when ever you enter combat, those 3 buffs are cast for free. Every. Time. Recast OR with an empty opposite hand to clear the spots for different spells.
Overpowered? Definitely. But oh so :black101:

I loving loved that spell. I used that spell that made you super loving powerful for like 90 seconds that would kill you if you didn't exit combat before time was up, that one Dwemerverse spell that called down an artillery strike, and a speed enhancing spell, and dashed around cutting heads off while explosions went off all around me. Made charging into Windhelm to murder Ulfric oh so fun.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

m.hache posted:

Is there a mod that will fill soul gems automatically on kill without having to enchant my weapon with soul drain?

I'd like to be able to just fill gems on kill without having to toggle spells/enchants.

One of the smithing mods I'm using on steam allows me to forge bigger soul gems from smaller ones. It can also somehow forge them into filled soul gems.

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

the only time I went "for real? this much for this little?" in Apocalypse was when I found out about the Restoration enfeeblement ray or whatever its name was, apprentice level spell nonetheless

given a little time to take root, slow any single target to nearly suspended animation for however long it takes to hack apart a toothless, defenseless target

it was my go-to "oh gently caress" clutch tool whenever I was caught alone and pants down by a bear or a sabre cat

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

GunnerJ posted:

Welp, I did a thing: https://modsofskyrim.wordpress.com/

My "solid idea" did not take into account that installing all the various plugins I'd have wanted to use would require hosting the site software independently, which is a bridge too far right now for a goon project I don't know will even get off the ground. But it can handle posting reviews, which should be enough for now.

If you want to get involved, use the contact form, put your SA user name in it, and give me an idea of what you'd want to write about.

While I fully support this project and don't want to say anything negative about it, I do wonder what the difference is between this and something like STEP

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

While I fully support this project and don't want to say anything negative about it, I do wonder what the difference is between this and something like STEP

It's a fair question! In broad strokes, STEP is big picture, modding technique focused, this is more focused on individual mods in depth. STEP will come up with a recommend setup procedure and list of mods and instructions for making them work together. This site will drill down into individual mods more. The model here is the Grimy's Mod Critiques (can't link, on phone) in some sense, but more generally, a venue for honest discussion of mods. Which means that trepidation at saying negative things is against the point, so don't hold back if you don't want to. :v:

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

So here's a thing: Oblivion modding. I never got too much into Oblivion, but I think I'd like to now. What are the top mods to use? What mod manager should I use, if any?

Rrussom
May 13, 2009

Ariong posted:

So here's a thing: Oblivion modding. I never got too much into Oblivion, but I think I'd like to now. What are the top mods to use? What mod manager should I use, if any?

There used to be a huge rear end goon made modpack back before skyrim

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Ariong posted:

I'd also be interested in this.

I was considering reinstalling Oblivion when I remembered how weird and awful the leveling system was, and other such quirks that I've been spoiled on with Skyrim. I'm sure there are mods that make the game better, but other than the nexus "top files all time" I don't really know where to look.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Boy, I'm out of date on the Oblivion stuff but I remember FCOM being pretty badass!

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

If anyone knows of an Oblivion mod that lets you make a character who isn't a weird potato person, please keep it to yourself.

Kizurue
Apr 5, 2006

There's somethin' fishy goin' on here...
Is there a way with SkyTweak to make it so that it's harder to level while still being able to level individual categories? Basically a way to slow your overall level but still not make it a slog to increase, say restoration magic?

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Dunno, but that sounds exactly like what the uncapper is for.

ETA: If you go this route, you want to look at the "Change Experience Gain" tab.

GunnerJ fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Jul 4, 2016

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Ariong posted:

If anyone knows of an Oblivion mod that lets you make a character who isn't a weird potato person, please keep it to yourself.

There's a poo poo ton of mods that make you look like an incredibly expensive Real Doll.

Kizurue
Apr 5, 2006

There's somethin' fishy goin' on here...

GunnerJ posted:

Dunno, but that sounds exactly like what the uncapper is for.

ETA: If you go this route, you want to look at the "Change Experience Gain" tab.

Thanks, I'll look into this!

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Ariong posted:

If you haven't already, get Nehrim and play that. It's a TC for Oblivion and it's way loving better than Oblivion itself. It's entirely self contained so you don't need to go hunting around for other mods or anything either, just run the installer and you should be good to go.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
I'm getting pretty sick of not being able to see anything and needing to cast the halo of light every minute. Is there a mod to make indoors, particularly dungeons, brighter?

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

If you haven't already, get Nehrim and play that. It's a TC for Oblivion and it's way loving better than Oblivion itself. It's entirely self contained so you don't need to go hunting around for other mods or anything either, just run the installer and you should be good to go.

Nehrim is amazing. Unnngh just thinking about it.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

How does morrowloot interact with all the additional armor and weapon mods like immersive armor/weapons and the warmonger armory? Will they not show up and be craftable only? Just adding them all to my game now and wondering if its worth using morrowloot when adding all these additional sets to the game.

Edit:

Looks like I can just load all the additional armor sets and stuff after morrowloot and it shouldnt touch them, plus I'm merging the levelled lists and having it load after morrowloot so I should just get the fun loot from morrowloot and the armor and poo poo from the other mods.

queeb fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Jul 4, 2016

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Apoplexy posted:

Boy, I'm out of date on the Oblivion stuff but I remember FCOM being pretty badass!

Ahh, I remember trying to get that to work with Better Cities, Unique Landscapes, and who knows what else.

It rarely went well.

I think my favourite monent was the test playthrough where I left the starting sewers only to find the Imperial City missing.

My longest semi-successful modded playthrough worked for a couple of days before it descended into constant crashing. But man was it cool while it actually worked.

There was also that year-long period where I couldn't get a single version of Wrye Bash to work. That was fun.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I have definitely just confirmed that The Skyrim Distance Overhaul Beta (S.D.O.) completely fucks my framerate. Been going through enabling RealVision recommended graphics mods one-by-one, and once I got to SDO my FPS tanked down to sub-40 FPS. Everything else without SDO stays a nice stable 60 FPS no matter what. Honestly I can't even tell what SDO is doing, and whatever it is doing it is doing it badly apparently.

Per SDO's instructions, I also tinkered with LOD0 and LOD1 settings in the SkyrimPrefs.ini file. Nothing I did, either increasing or decreasing values, fixed the FPS loss.

gently caress that mod. Uninstall SDO today!

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
SDO is old and horribly out of date. Use DynDoLOD instead.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I've got a Mod Organizer + RealVision ENB question:

Which enblocal.ini does the game use?

There's an enblocal.ini that got placed directly in the Skyrim directory by the RV_install.exe installer. There is also the enblocal.ini that resides in the Mod Organizer\mods directory that you get via installing with Mod Organizer.

I know when you launch Mod Organizer that it loads all mods via its Mod Organizer\mods directory on top of whatever is in your vanilla Skyrim directory. However, with ENB I know things are a bit different potentially since you've got enbhost.exe at play along with a custom d3d9.dll file. I guess I could just make any enblocal.ini tweaks to both files in order to be absolutely sure the settings I change are being applied, but I was just curious if anybody knew.

vvv Thanks!

Siets fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Jul 4, 2016

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!

Siets posted:

I've got a Mod Organizer + RealVision ENB question:

Which enblocal.ini does the game use?

There's an enblocal.ini that got placed directly in the Skyrim directory by the RV_install.exe installer. There is also the enblocal.ini that resides in the Mod Organizer\mods directory that you get via installing with Mod Organizer.

I know when you launch Mod Organizer that it loads all mods via its Mod Organizer\mods directory on top of whatever is in your vanilla Skyrim directory. However, with ENB I know things are a bit different potentially since you've got enbhost.exe at play along with a custom d3d9.dll file. I guess I could just make any enblocal.ini tweaks to both files in order to be absolutely sure the settings I change are being applied, but I was just curious if anybody knew.

ENB uses the one in the Skyrim directory. Mod Organizer can only use the Data folder, and can't really touch anything in the base Skyrim folder.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

For the second time I've been told to make sure that I have Oblivion patch v1.2.0416, with a link to download it. It's clearly an official patch, would I not have it by default if I own the steam version?

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Ariong posted:

For the second time I've been told to make sure that I have Oblivion patch v1.2.0416, with a link to download it. It's clearly an official patch, would I not have it by default if I own the steam version?

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Gyshall posted:

SDO is old and horribly out of date. Use DynDoLOD instead.

SDO DynDo nothin'! :eyepop:

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
It needed da moneeeeeeeeey

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Modding complete. Final count is 118 mods. Game of Thrones playthrough is go! :black101:

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Half of Tormund's mod list is twice as long as any other man's.

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013
Everybody's Different Redone is interesting. It's basically Automatic Variants for NPCs: you drop in some texture packs, and it assigns them out randomly to NPCs of the playable races. There's also options for headparts changes (including pulling from other mods you have installed that provide headparts), larger height variations than vanilla, and "generic NPC only" toggles for each type of change. It also has consistency checking, so unique NPCs will always get the same set of changes unless you reset the EDR settings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Apoplexy posted:

Half of Tormund's mod list is twice as long as any other man's.

:golfclap:

New thread subject?

• Locked thread