Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Insult Players never went away. It's been in every change log since release!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chachi
Jan 7, 2006
Blue sparks and big fucking shells.

:dukedog:

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

:wow:

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

:perfect:

turnways
Jun 22, 2004

Alteisen posted:

Well they did remove insult players for no reason.

Not for no reason; it just hasn't yet been added to KF2 due to other audio priorities, but we're looking into expanding on the voice commands right now.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Oh my God the map Biotics Lab_UK turned out to be the best suprise :allears:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Coolguye posted:

if someone honestly gets offended at something like that all i can say is i had thicker skin than them in the 3rd loving grade

as you know, Coolguye, the internet is a hugbox these days

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

:five:

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

:vince:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Can't believe me it took me until now to get this.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

I haven't even bothered trying the game against since they reduced cash flow. I was already cutting it close to having a rpg in time for the big guys

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
Just avoid Long games, IIRC from the patch notes Medium is unaffected

turnways
Jun 22, 2004

We mostly reverted the nerf to long game cash with the latest live update.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Coolguye posted:

Just avoid Long games, IIRC from the patch notes Medium is unaffected

Yeah but I started playing long because I wasn't happy with the cash flow in medium

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Long games also had zed counts which were pretty fun. 5-player suicidal long used to be great.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

turnways posted:

Ya know I'm torn, on one end I think you should get a little feedback before introducing some stuff on the other end far to much feedback I see is just dumb.

Wading through the poo poo for that one little nugget of wisdom can't be fun.

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

Psion posted:

Long games also had zed counts which were pretty fun. 5-player suicidal long used to be great.

It's almost like more zeds is more difficult but also more fun, while still being taxing on ammo reserves without making zeds aggravatingly resilient to player attacks

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
but, but the internal testing :qq:

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

turnways posted:

Stop trying to nerf our jokes TWI :byodood:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

ClonedPickle posted:

It's almost like more zeds is more difficult but also more fun, while still being taxing on ammo reserves without making zeds aggravatingly resilient to player attacks

But

The VISION

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
i dunno those jokes kinda fall flat when you have a company rep in here saying 'oh yeah hey we fixed that, quickly and without fuss this time'

ostensibly, i guess? as before, i'll wait for the patch.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
It's mostly fixed and now you have to scrape a bit but you can manage to max up on long games. Still, it emphasises the fact that playing support is ridiculously expensive. Or maybe that's cause the +ammo perk is active all the time, even if you take Supplier, so you do have to spend more cash to max out? I dunno.
This reminds me of KF1 - from what I remember, you usually had to make choices between full weapons and full armor and I kinda liked it.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KDpbuRgy0k

There's been this silly audio bug where Stalkers keep making noises well after they've died that's been around for about since Gunslinger was added.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Theta Zero posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KDpbuRgy0k

There's been this silly audio bug where Stalkers keep making noises well after they've died that's been around for about since Gunslinger was added.

Is that a fedora on the hipster character? :psyduck:

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Alteisen posted:

Is that a fedora on the hipster character? :psyduck:

We were doing a themed cosmetic team as a dysfunctional family. Fedora hipster sister, confused grandad, chubby redneck brother, and I was dressed as recent college graduate middle child.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KumiBrKIdz4

Tripwire doesn't seem to understand what it means to "fix" Demolitions projectiles becoming duds and desyncing.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Theta Zero posted:

Tripwire doesn't seem to understand what it means to "fix" Demolitions projectiles becoming duds and desyncing.

Wow, you had like 10 fail to go off in a minute.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
I feel like those happen in streaks. I get 3-4 unless I switch weapons a few times. Reloading into Zed time and then firing when the reload animation is almost fully done is what usually causes it

turnways
Jun 22, 2004

Theta Zero posted:

Sadly it was only a possible fix; we're seeing an improvement with it *overall* but there's still a bunch of factors we're checkin' into. Sorry you had a rough game; I'll pass this video along to add to the evidence pile and we'll keep picking at it. It's a pretty complex issue that's been on our radar a while that we've been poking at for a few patches (mainly, everything we touch that could possibly be causing it has been with this issue in mind) so hopefully we'll have it licked soon.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

turnways posted:

Sadly it was only a possible fix; we're seeing an improvement with it *overall* but there's still a bunch of factors we're checkin' into. Sorry you had a rough game; I'll pass this video along to add to the evidence pile and we'll keep picking at it. It's a pretty complex issue that's been on our radar a while that we've been poking at for a few patches (mainly, everything we touch that could possibly be causing it has been with this issue in mind) so hopefully we'll have it licked soon.

What's going on with your forums now? And will you guys make it so I can actually log in with my account?

turnways
Jun 22, 2004

Skoll posted:

What's going on with your forums now? And will you guys make it so I can actually log in with my account?

I'm not sure on the exact specifics, but the gist of it is it's going through an upgrade that kicked off last week that should, ideally, make it easier to post. Not sure on what would've been causing your account to not log in with the older forums; if it's still happening it might be an account specific thing. That's happened to me with other websites before where the info just gets corrupted; you're still in the system so you can't re-register but you also can't get your password reset for whatever reason, and it's really frustrating. I'll figure out on Tuesday who I can bug about that and see if it's possible to get a manual password reset link. In the meantime please try logging in now and if it's still not working and you're willing, please pm me your e-mail address and no other account details and I'll see what I can do and keep you updated on what I find out.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

turnways posted:

I'm not sure on the exact specifics, but the gist of it is it's going through an upgrade that kicked off last week that should, ideally, make it easier to post. Not sure on what would've been causing your account to not log in with the older forums; if it's still happening it might be an account specific thing. That's happened to me with other websites before where the info just gets corrupted; you're still in the system so you can't re-register but you also can't get your password reset for whatever reason, and it's really frustrating. I'll figure out on Tuesday who I can bug about that and see if it's possible to get a manual password reset link. In the meantime please try logging in now and if it's still not working and you're willing, please pm me your e-mail address and no other account details and I'll see what I can do and keep you updated on what I find out.

Thanks for the quick reply. I don't have PMs but my username on the forums is Sköll and the email is Skollblod@gmail.com.

It wont even let me reset the password because the captcha space shows up as blank.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
im honestly shocked that someone from tripwire came to pick up the flag of being a dev representative on this dead gay comedy forum after questioner was chased off

good responses though

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Questioner mostly got chased off for being passive-aggressive, I thought.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
I guess??? I'm mostly surprised that anyone cares about SA

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family

RottenK posted:

I guess??? I'm mostly surprised that anyone cares about SA

I care. :smith:

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.
Shoutouts to this tripwire guy for staying professional

true hero :911:

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Questioner mostly got chased off for being passive-aggressive, I thought.

It got out a little out of hand on our side as well.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
It's not an official appointment and I'm pretty sure they don't even report the poo poo we say back to the rest of the team. They're just goons who happen to work at Tripwire who thought they'd come in and shoot the poo poo with people who play their games. Beyond that, if I remember right, Questioner was in some QA position and Turnways is an artist of a sort. Then they come in and received pointed personal flak from 90% of the posters in the thread for changes they likely had no hand in designing, creating, or even greenlighting.

I'm not going to defend the game's current state, I haven't played enough in the past two months to weigh in pro or con. But the amount of venomous feedback directed right at the two dudes who have nothing to do with the complaints and probably don't have enough pull in the team to get your pet complaint looked at is ridiculous. They're two dudes posting in here because they thought it would be fun and chill. Questioner was only returning the vitriol he was thrown with the resistances update.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

I haven't played enough in the past two months to weigh in pro or con. But the amount of venomous feedback directed right at the two dudes who have nothing to do with the complaints and probably don't have enough pull in the team to get your pet complaint looked at is ridiculous.

"I haven't played and consequently don't know what I'm talking about, but I'm going to whine about goons being mean anyway. In spite of yet another TWI design decision that made the game less fun, and that was defended fairly profusely by TWI staff, of course."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
That's why I'm not defending lovely changes but condemning the competition for king rear end in a top hat. I've seen legit good posts in here with write-ups and ideas that are well reasoned and such but most of them are just personal attacks on dudes who didn't poo poo in your Cheerios.

I do have an idea of what I'm talking about. It's that your an rear end in a top hat.