Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

What a dumb. A 3DS has about 10 blinking lights when it gets low on batteries, better just to ignore them I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Ometeotl posted:

His 3DS just ran out of battery. How does a dude running a 3DS game at a marathon allow that to happen?

this actually happens like once a year for some reason

I assume they usually practice in the audience for a few hours prior to their run and lose track of things.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

His home screen reminds me that you should buy Rhythm Heaven Megamix.

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy

UV_Catastrophe posted:

I just tuned into SGDQ for the first time this year, and I immediately see a runner's DS die

:laffo:

Surprised you're still able to breathe because I was rollin.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Compared to that one dude's Sands of Time run last year that crashed about a dozen times, losing two and a half levels of progress to a dead DS doesn't seem that bad.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Kaubocks posted:

this was the most exciting thing to happen in the run

100% agreed

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
if your equipment dies during a run it should be confiscated and offered as a raffle reward to drive up donations imo.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Hrm yes the leaf is a good and balanced power up

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy

Vermain posted:

Compared to that one dude's Sands of Time run last year that crashed about a dozen times, losing two and a half levels of progress to a dead DS doesn't seem that bad.

That was a legitimately fun run, too. :D

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
I hope it dies again somehow

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
On that note, props to the tech team this year. poo poo has been tight, which is a really nice change from the usual first day hiccups

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Kaubocks posted:

this was the most exciting thing to happen in the run

Seem like I missed the best part. Damm you pizza.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Gamerofthegame posted:

this actually happens like once a year for some reason

I assume they usually practice in the audience for a few hours prior to their run and lose track of things.

Yeah but when your 3DS is running low, the power saving functions come on and dim the backlight and all the LEDs on the thing start blinking red at you.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Vermain posted:

The gold standard of "bad runs" in my mind is this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCmEFZiz3P4
guy spends 12 minutes trying to wrongwarp to the final dungeon from the first castle, in a process that's really long and tedious to begin with, and fails 3 times.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Anyone got a video of that, I just missed it.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
i liked that last bit of music there despite hating all other music for it

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Corek posted:

Anyone got a video of that, I just missed it.

https://clips.twitch.tv/gamesdonequick/DelightfulPorpoiseRiPepperonis

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I think I'll continue to avoid ever playing NSMB games.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Pakled posted:

The gold standard of "bad runs" in my mind is this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCmEFZiz3P4
guy spends 12 minutes trying to wrongwarp to the final dungeon from the first castle, in a process that's really long and tedious to begin with, and fails 3 times.

Oh man, the person in the Kenny jacket and the eyepatch guy with the meme tablet around his neck...the real stars of AGDQ 2016

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Play the console NSMB games, don't bother with the handheld ones

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

showing the game/song for the between segment music is a really good decision

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Haha, donations are gonna keep going in on that guy. 3DS doesn't have an ACTUAL battery charge display, does it?

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Plug the drat thing in :cmon:

Artic Puma
Jun 22, 2007

Chef Curry with the pot, boy!

Mr E posted:

I think I'll continue to avoid ever playing NSMB games.

THe wii and wiiU ones are really fun if you have people to do co op with.

UV_Catastrophe
Dec 29, 2008

Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are,

"It might have been."
Pillbug

Brother Entropy posted:

showing the game/song for the between segment music is a really good decision

:agreed:

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Dias posted:

Haha, donations are gonna keep going in on that guy. 3DS doesn't have an ACTUAL battery charge display, does it?

the power light turns red when your battery is low and iirc even starts blinking when it's really low

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Artic Puma posted:

THe wii and wiiU ones are really fun if you have people to do co op with.

Yeah I meant the 3/DS ones.

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

Brother Entropy posted:

the power light turns red when your battery is low and iirc even starts blinking when it's really low

The notification light on the hinge also starts blinking red, it's pretty hard to miss.

Dr. Dos
Aug 5, 2005

YAAAAAAAY!
Why would they even allow a runner to not have their handheld plugged in?

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

For a second I thought he said 50cc. i was going to go to bed if it was.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Chortle posted:

The notification light on the hinge also starts blinking red, it's pretty hard to miss.

is it something that gets disabled or covered up when modding them for capture?

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
If you play the Wii mario games don't speedrun them at a GDQ

especially don't run it with your wife while wearing a cape

lmao

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

I like the art this is getting.

https://twitter.com/EiffelArt/status/749811574295171072

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
and now we get to watch someone play mario kart normally and listen to shy dudes talk about how they don't want a headset

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

KKKLIP ART posted:

is it something that gets disabled or covered up when modding them for capture?

Not too familiar with 3DS capture cards, but it looks like it's a board that gets soldered onto the bottom and looks like a battery pack with a USB out. Don't think it affects any other part of the 3DS.

Good thing it wasn't a giant loss, just something really dumb that could have been avoided super easily.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
this run is gonna be boring

I still maintain that CTR is the best kart racing game

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Chortle posted:

Not too familiar with 3DS capture cards, but it looks like it's a board that gets soldered onto the bottom and looks like a battery pack with a USB out. Don't think it affects any other part of the 3DS.

Good thing it wasn't a giant loss, just something really dumb that could have been avoided super easily.

Yeah I don't know anything about 3DS capture cards either, it was just a thought I had. What I do know is that this DKC race is legit good, back and forth so far.

Fiblah
Jul 22, 2007
Oh great, another Mario Kart run, because the one at AGDQ was so entertaining. :suicide:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

why isn't this a 16 person link battle race with best overall time team declared the winner. Now that would be something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
https://twitter.com/slash_smc/status/749817295283695616?lang=en

• Locked thread