Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Sakura and Abel feel like the most likely locks.

Beyond that, if I had to guess, a bunch of characters that could reasonably come back:

-Dudley
-Rose
-C. Viper
-Seth

That'd have enough character interactions with existing characters. I'd be kinda interested to see how they'd bring Rose over to SFV. Reflect for a V-Skill, Soul Satellite for V-Trigger?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

-sakura
-makoto
-q
-necro
-rolento

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

I'd be OK with SFV making Rolento actively worse tbh~

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

bhsman posted:

I'd be OK with SFV making Rolento actively worse tbh~

idc just gimme a character i actually want to play

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

I can't believe Skullomania is headlining Season 2

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Baal posted:

My theory is the characters are finished.

C. Everett Koop posted:

SFV: the more you play the worse it gets

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

bhsman posted:

Re: Juri's fireball

Realized I hadn't tested something and turns out I'm super dumb; storing the different strengths just changes the properties of her kick move, which follow the shape of the fireball listed. Weird that they would remove them entirely.

The one with the uzi would start pulling out these long combos out of nowhere; they put a lot of effort into giving them all personalized moves and we may never see them all of them as playable.

Speaking of which, if you had to make a short list for season 2's DLC characters, who would you predict? Right now I'm thinking:

-Sakura
-Decapre
-Sagat
-Akuma
-Ed (as a new character)
-Abel

NICE!!

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Sagat, Sakura, and Abel are probably all lock-ins for season two (assuming there is a season two). Akuma also seems likely.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Akumas in tekken now. no backsies

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

evil dan

apple
May 18, 2003

Jose in the club wearing orange suspenders
Holy Ken

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiOrGuUdCLc

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
as we all know Sakura Sagat and Abel are huge crowd draws to bring people on the fence about this poo poo game in too.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I like this game and I hope there's more DLC for it. :)

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Coolest part of the story mode is at the end when Balrog and Vega just pack it up and leave because they're out of a job. Gill showing up is super cool. I'd be down for more story DLC to tell the story of 3S. Also fighting Ryu v Ken at the end was really nice.

Agoat fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Jul 4, 2016

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

Agoat posted:

Coolest part of the story mode is at the end when Balrog and Vega just pack it up and leave because they're out of a job. Gill showing up is super cool. I'd be down for more story DLC to tell the story of 3S. Also fighting Ryu v Ken at the end was really nice.

Also I loved that the new difficulty was unlocked at the end there. I had no idea there was more than just the Brainlessly Easy mode!

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Love Stole the Day posted:

Also I loved that the new difficulty was unlocked at the end there. I had no idea there was more than just the Brainlessly Easy mode!

Well, there was a noticeable uptick in difficulty when you fight the powered-up dolls and Bison at least.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

It was kinda jarring considering it's at the end but whatever.

I bought the Ken alt. I'm so happy.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

-sakura
-makoto
-q
-necro
-rolento

Necro is probably a no because he isn't stretchy yet

I'd like Twelve to be in the game and not be bad

fnox
May 19, 2013

Story mode is pretty, but it's absolutely dumb. This is the most story I've ever seen in a Street Fighter game and yet it drags on and on to the point you seriously don't know why people are where they are or what are they doing. I guess it does last 3 hours, that's a good thing right?

There's some schlock to be expected in fighting game stories, in fact that's part of the charm (loving, Dead or Alive 2 had Kasumi shocked in one scene after finding out Ein is actually her brother, which then segues into her beating the poo poo out of him, as expected), because you have all these wacky characters with strange backgrounds and only a limited amount of stages, but then it begs the question, why did Capcom put so much effort in all of these cutscenes, story mode only assets and new characters while having a completely bogus script?

It has some cool setpieces but they're put together in a completely stupid manner.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

fnox posted:

and yet it drags on and on to the point you seriously don't know why people are where they are or what are they doing.

That's like watching the 5th Harry Potter movie and being mad because you don't understand what the hell is going on. Maybe you should go back and play from the original if you care so much.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

That's like watching the 5th Harry Potter movie and being mad because you don't understand what the hell is going on. Maybe you should go back and play from the original if you care so much.

are you saying that the sf story would make sense if you had played all the other games? it really makes less sense the more you know about whats going on

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Don't play the original SF it sucks donkey nards

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

I thought my Spitter was a Jockey!

bhsman posted:

He's kind of in a weird place story-wise because 3rd Strike is when he's supposed to make his mark on the world (IIRC he wins a world championship) so they can't have him do too much (same thing with his side story).

So naturally it makes perfect sense to send this incredibly important key item to some nobody amateur wrestler who ends up just giving it to the first person who asks for it. And what the hell was the point of the wrestling ring scenes that somehow didn't involve actual fighting? At least let me powerbomb Gief on live tv Capcom, gently caress.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

if a story cant hold its own without additional context its a bad story

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

My favorite part was when Juri, Cammy, and Decapre rode the motorcycle from Rio to London.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I mean, the confusing part isn't "knowing the lore", it's that it's badly "edited" - a lot of sudden cuts and unnecessary cutscenes. Like, why did they do the ring intro stuff with Alex/Mika/Laura/Gief to just cut suddenly to Karin's mansion? They could've just shown the feed with them and then cut off.

Doggir
Dec 24, 2013

anime was right posted:

Sorry to disappoint but it's a bad story, I'm just here to watch gief flex..

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Doggir posted:

Sorry to disappoint but it's a bad story, I'm just here to watch gief flex..

i mean i know its bad but you legit cannot defend a game for having a story that "isnt good unless you played all the other games' when it was released decades apart from them and also all the other games had no story anyway.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Agoat posted:

Actually it's just whenever Gief gets focus.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

Also the dialogue was really poo poo, it was probably fed through a google translator and then shown to a 5th grader for the final edit.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012

anime was right posted:

This is why Game of Thrones is being cancelled due to low ratings

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
https://www.reddit.com/r/StreetFighterMods/comments/4r59lb/play_as_peter/

Peter's out.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

Dracula Factory posted:

Also the dialogue was really poo poo, it was probably fed through a google translator and then shown to a 5th grader for the final edit.

I noticed this most with Laura she talked like an alien. with huge cans

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
The more Laura exposure I get the more I hate that character. At least she's not Blanka.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Popped the game into the PS4 to check out what's new and... all the DLC characters are properly paywalled now? No Story mode yet?

But I can buy Dadbod Ryu and Goggles Cammy with PSmonies?

Jesus.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

FilthyImp posted:

Popped the game into the PS4 to check out what's new and... all the DLC characters are properly paywalled now? No Story mode yet?

But I can buy Dadbod Ryu and Goggles Cammy with PSmonies?

Jesus.

Uh no story mode came out with the patch, you just gotta dl it.

Anyways neat little ditty with rog, he can vskill cancel off ex trigger punches back into another juggle. So something like ex low, P followup, vskill punch, ex straight xx whatever followups work.

dog house
Sep 13, 2012

Vanrushal posted:

And what the hell was the point of the wrestling ring scenes that somehow didn't involve actual fighting? At least let me powerbomb Gief on live tv Capcom, gently caress.

Yeah, that poo poo was weird. It's like they wanted to have a fight there but they didn't have a wrestling ring stage finished so they just said gently caress it and left the cut scenes in.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
The best part of the story mode was after every fight someone, most of the time the victor, just gets hit once in a cutscene and then runs away like a huge coward only to return to that location two scenes later. All they had to do was maybe make two locations the villains were at so the plot wasn't "We went to the base and beat all the bad guys, but then Charlie hosed up and the villains activated plan B so we ran away to start the whole thing all over again." The story mode should have just been titled Street Fighter V: The Backdown.

It's a story that has maybe 4 plot points but it's so filled with pointless fluff that it doesn't even really develop those 4 points at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
The story was bad. Game is still bad. I still play it.