Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Not Operator posted:

Business ideas for millennials:

-ironic soup kitchen
-match.com but for pets
-high tech toilets??

Hire me please, midroll.

Let me write your copy for you!

It's like the Netflix for soup kitchens!

It's like the Netflix for pet date sites!

It's like the Netflix for your lovely rear end!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

EL BROMANCE posted:

Jason Woliner is awesome
Yeah, between these, Eagleheart and my two favorite Nathan For You episodes (not to mention his Best Show apearances) I've really started to look forward to anything he directs or writes. He and Gelman are loving great together.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Illinois Smith posted:

I've really started to look forward to anything he directs or writes.

I expect you're already familiar with the Je Shirt saga, but in case you're not and for others who aren't - http://jeshirt.tumblr.com

It was an amazing trip, to the point where he was calling into The Best Show to plug these things, and before it went truly off the rails people were genuinely worried that he'd cracked. Best Twitter usage ever, IMO.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Ian Roberts might be my favorite guest on I4H. Everything about his delivery and how logical he is within the scene is just great, Seth Morris reminds me a lot of him actually. It also helps that he & Walsh & Besser know each other so well they could improv together in their sleep. If anyone hasn't listened to his I4H lecture episodes, go check them out (December 8 & 15, 2015).

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
Live Improv 4 Humans on Facebook July 6th
https://www.reddit.com/r/Earwolf/comments/4qovnf/improv4humans_will_be_broadcasting_live_on/

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

GobiasIndustries posted:

Ian Roberts might be my favorite guest on I4H. Everything about his delivery and how logical he is within the scene is just great, Seth Morris reminds me a lot of him actually. It also helps that he & Walsh & Besser know each other so well they could improv together in their sleep. If anyone hasn't listened to his I4H lecture episodes, go check them out (December 8 & 15, 2015).

Ian Roberts is loving amazing.

Like you have people, who are just naturally good at story structure and poo poo like that, and its always cool to hear those people talk. But since for Ian he just gets sketch and improv structures, like whenever he performs you get to actually see these gears turning. Its fascinating.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!

Illinois Smith posted:

Tom being a semi-regular part of HH now is my favorite podcast development ever, especially after he's railed against podcasts on his show for a decade. :)

Also I thought they record these in Tom's studio but I doubt he'd have a Midroll mission statement hanging on the wall there.

Yeah. Always good for some laughs. The first episode that they brought him in to pretty much poo poo all over his show was brilliant. Hollywood Handbook has quickly become one of my favorite podcasts. I4H and With Special Guest are the other two Earwolf podcasts that I regularly listen to. Funny that the June 2016 reddit listener numbers has those three bunched up around 30k.

wafflesnsegways
Jan 12, 2008
And that's why I was forced to surgically attach your hands to your face.
Tom Scharpling is great every time he's on. I thought the most recent was one of the best.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
I don't know if the most recent Tom episode can be the best, Big Apple Bible might be the best HH ever.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Gargamel Gibson posted:

Brett Gelman has been on Yo Is This Racist this week. It's almost making me want to listen.

so was it racist

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

The episode titles:

Ep #872 - How To Lifeguard (Brett Gelman)
Ep #871 - Being Beat Up For Being Racist (Brett Gelman)
Ep #870 - Redskins Mascot (Brett Gelman)
Ep #869 - Western vs. Eastern Medicine (Brett Gelman)
Ep #868 - Calling Hillary Clinton Racist (Brett Gelman)

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

piratepilates posted:

The episode titles:

Ep #872 - How To Lifeguard (Brett Gelman)
Ep #871 - Being Beat Up For Being Racist (Brett Gelman)
Ep #870 - Redskins Mascot (Brett Gelman)
Ep #869 - Western vs. Eastern Medicine (Brett Gelman)
Ep #868 - Calling Hillary Clinton Racist (Brett Gelman)

I-I thought these were jokes

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
I've always thought YITR could be good if Andrew Ti did the slightest bit of prep for the show. Every other historical/cultural/informative podcast that's good has at least one person who's done their research on the topic, YITR feels like the host and guest firing from the hip every single time

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Things that are racist this week, from most racist to least racist:

1. knowing how to be a lifeguard
2. calling hillary clinton racist
3. being beat up for being a racist
4. the redskins mascot
5. comparing western and eastern medicine.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
A worse crime than YITR's content is its format. I don't want to listen to a ten minute podcast.

I made an exception for Mike Detective, but that was really funny.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
my thoughts regarding the podcast yitr

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Work Friend Keven posted:

Things that are racist this week, from most racist to least racist:

1. knowing how to be a lifeguard
2. calling hillary clinton racist
3. being beat up for being a racist
4. the redskins mascot
5. comparing western and eastern medicine.

I can't tell if this is a joke or their real conclusions. YITR is working a while nother performance art level from the rest of us.

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
The lifeguard thing is from that receng poster showing pool safety where literally all the black people are doing the bad pool things and only white people do the good pool things right? Which seems like maybe not the hugest deal but it's also ridiculous that no one noticed it prior to printing

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Thelonius Van Funk posted:

The lifeguard thing is from that receng poster showing pool safety where literally all the black people are doing the bad pool things and only white people do the good pool things right? Which seems like maybe not the hugest deal but it's also ridiculous that no one noticed it prior to printing

No, it was a lifeguard from a public pool in an area with a Somali population where he said none of the Somali kids knew pool safety rules.

He also couldn't let the girls swim because they all wore cotton full body garments instead of swimsuits which would turn see through when wet, which violated their modesty policies.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Dacap posted:

No, it was a lifeguard from a public pool in an area with a Somali population where he said none of the Somali kids knew pool safety rules.

He also couldn't let the girls swim because they all wore cotton full body garments instead of swimsuits which would turn see through when wet, which violated their modesty policies.

Well... is it racist?

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
To be honest i think that questioning if things are racist is a potentially good/funny idea for a podcast, but an unfunny guy rattling off a half dozen 4-minute podcasts in one sitting where he did no preparation and theres no jokes and he just goes "uhhh I dont know", is the worst possible version of it

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

manyak posted:

To be honest i think that questioning if things are racist is a potentially good/funny idea for a podcast, but an unfunny guy rattling off a half dozen 4-minute podcasts in one sitting where he did no preparation and theres no jokes and he just goes "uhhh I dont know", is the worst possible version of it

And that's the problem with it, the titles wouldn't be so much fun to make fun of if anyone actually listened to the show, which no one is going to do.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Yeah if it was just straight bad that'd be one thing but it could be interesting but instead is a parody of a parody uhhh whats up its me, andrew t, an asian guy who acts black. Lifeguards are racist.

Shunkymonky
Sep 10, 2006
'sup
There needs to be an emergency Yo Is This Racist on @dril

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
No one predicted the Keebler Elves would be @dril's Rubicon point.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Shunkymonky posted:

There needs to be an emergency Yo Is This Racist on @dril

"Hmm, I'm not super sure what that is. Drills are just tools, and drills aren't racist, but you can also build a cross and burn it with tools. So I guess yes, 'At-drills' is racist."

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

https://twitter.com/sardonictaunts/status/749773113387257858

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat
Lmao "actual nazis are going to town with the original keebler elves tweet" may be the most ridiculous take I've seen yet

Yikes

wafflesnsegways
Jan 12, 2008
There is a long and great history of dumb people taking dril at face value.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
that was also a joke..what Craig said. They were "riffing"

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I assume everyone is riffing with me whenever I say anything, please help me escape from the joke zone.

wafflesnsegways
Jan 12, 2008
My post was also a joke.

*mops sweat*

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!
Latest episode of Hollywood Handbook was great. And not because of the guest, Karen Kilgariff. The first half was just a riff with intern Andy. Some top notch stuff.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

The_Rob posted:

I went to the premiere of it in LA the other night and it was really good. I think it's their best one.
I liked the family one a tiny bit more (visually, the twists and the parents' performances) but this was fantastic too. Thanks for solving America's race problem Brett.

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Jul 6, 2016

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Live Improv 4 Humans starting on Facebook in 10 minutes
https://www.facebook.com/improv4humans/

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Anyone else experiencing some really bad lag on the stream?

e: Yup, looks like it, according to the commenters on the stream. Brett is deferring blame.

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Jul 6, 2016

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Yeah, that was a shame. Hopefully they'll keep working on it because I sorely miss video improv/vpn

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Absolutely, when you watch the VPN streams you immediately realize how much you're missing without the body language/facial expressions. Especially on Lauren Lapkus.

anotherone
Feb 8, 2001
Username taken, please choose another one
"boner derived from sacajawea money"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

anotherone posted:

"boner derived from sacajawea money"

Holy poo poo I lost it at that.