Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Extreme0 posted:

Stop stealing my ideas.

"The labor paty was the greatst accomplishment of the 14 century and I will tend to take it back to it's roots of lynching tories"

It's time to Make Labour Great Again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
Farage said that now that's he's stepped down he won't be constrained when answering questions and "the real me will come out". Jesus Christ, what exactly is he gonna do?

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

As my mate Captain Swing used to say; 'Let's loving have these Tories yeah?'

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
So I'm seeing a lot of dark, vague muttering about Leadsom. Apart from retweeting that one racist tweet, what makes her significantly worse than the Tory average?

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

No, Middlesbrough South. Tom's majority is narrower than Ashok's was but it's still a solid labour seat. I imagine I'll have to vote Labour in the next GE though if things continue.

And I'm a member of the Labour party, not the green party. Milliband was not terribly impressive and MPs have to be made to listen, unfortunately.

I hope you weren't a member of the Labour party when you supported a candidate standing against a Labour party candidate

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Pissflaps posted:

Jherembe's

The gently caress is this?

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Gonzo McFee posted:

The gently caress is this?

He doesn't know when to let go.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

ukle posted:

While Hitler was an epic bastard he only had a passing interest in the occult and not a close servant of the Dark Lord. If Leadsom gets in the world is completely hosed.

The occult is cool but she'll start messing with the tunnels of set and then we've got universe B all over the place.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

kustomkarkommando posted:

I hope you weren't a member of the Labour party when you supported a candidate standing against a Labour party candidate

I wasn't.

Though honestly it's kind of a silly rule for a party supposedly in support of organized labor to have an issue with people withdrawing support based on lack of fulfillment of responsibilities by those dependent on that support.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Hoops posted:

Farage said that now that's he's stepped down he won't be constrained when answering questions and "the real me will come out". Jesus Christ, what exactly is he gonna do?

Have you ever seen John Carpenter's "The Thing"? :unsmigghh:

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

I dance to the sweet tune of your failure so I'm never gonna stop fucking with you.

Continue to get confused and frustrated with me as I dance to your anger.

As I expect nothing more from ya you stupid runt!

This appears to be a thing.

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/post-brexit-alliance-building-with-caroline-lucas-mp-clive-lewis-mp-more-tickets-26347951432

Deteriorata posted:

It's time to Make Labour Great Again

"I almost left a wasps nest right next to gove when he was sleepin but realise that his mom already beat me to it."

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Pissflaps posted:

I don't get it.

OvineYeast
Jul 16, 2007

Freiheit ist immer Freiheit der Andersdenkenden
You know, this situation reminds me of something that happened in another Labour party, way back in 1904...

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

Pissflaps posted:

lmao

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

I dance to the sweet tune of your failure so I'm never gonna stop fucking with you.

I can see why Corbyn's aides dosen't want Tom Watson to talk to him as he's actually in Glasgow right now.

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

An electoral pact with the greens would surely mean letting them run uncontested in at least a handful of seats.

An alliance without a voting pact seems a bit pointless if its just the greens

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

https://twitter.com/parliawint/status/749913215220482048

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Like has been said, Mark Blyth is really great, so here's another video that applies to well, today's world in general:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2VUFjSWN2w

EDIT: And brexit in 30 seconds
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lD474zXIzc

His Divine Shadow fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Jul 4, 2016

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

Pissflaps posted:

There's people taking aim at him and he doesn't understand why, he's only doing what comes naturally to him.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
some treasury civil servants have written an article in the financial times that andrea leadsom was loving useless the year she worked in the treasury and osborne had her moved as a result

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Extreme0 posted:

This appears to be a thing.

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/post-brexit-alliance-building-with-caroline-lucas-mp-clive-lewis-mp-more-tickets-26347951432

"I almost left a wasps nest right next to gove when he was sleepin but realise that his mom already beat me to it."

It's a nice list but I doubt they have a chance.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Darth Walrus posted:

So I'm seeing a lot of dark, vague muttering about Leadsom. Apart from retweeting that one racist tweet, what makes her significantly worse than the Tory average?

Nothing whatsoever makes her worse than average AFAICT. Average is plenty bad enough.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
Panorama on BBC1 right now with people repeating the usual rhetoric of Eastern Europeans coming over, taking everyone's jobs and pushing down wages. These people's views will NEVER be changed until they're all kicked out.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Darth Walrus posted:

The times quoted her the other day saying "I'll be the new Thatcher". That'll unite the country.

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Darth Walrus posted:

Her pr chief was convinced of masturbating indecently in public view which is not necessarily worse than the average but is certainly different

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

pointsofdata posted:

Her pr chief was convinced of masturbating indecently in public view which is not necessarily worse than the average but is certainly different

As opposed to... masturbating decently in public view?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Well yes generally tories are supposed to masturbate indecently around their university mates.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Mister Adequate posted:

As opposed to... masturbating decently in public view?

"Yerronner I don't like that he were having himself off but PHWOAAARR were he good at it!"

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

Maybe they should focus on making their alliance based on changing the voting system by ganging up on the Tories in elections.

But then i realised that UKIP would get more the votes so LOLNOPE.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

If Brexit is any indication, UKIP having power would make people more opposed to them.

Better we get lovely parties through engagement than through apathy.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

Hoops posted:

:godwin:

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

I've long since thought that the best way to get progressive change to the voting system would be for Labour, Lib Dem, Green, Plaid and UKIP to make a rainbow coalition standing on the basis of 'if we win we will reform the electoral system and rerun the election' but that kind of co-operation would be basically unheard of.

Helping UKIP is a small price to pay for making the permanently fractured left able to actually be represented. Especially given that at least some of those UKIP votes will be protest votes. Stupid protest votes, but still.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

OwlFancier posted:

If Brexit is any indication, UKIP having power would make people more opposed to them.

That's generally how populist parties work.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Because it worked so well for the BNP!

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Way too fuckin late, you saw his nazi propaganda poster right?

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
im talking the full hitler with the brown shirts and the toothbrush moustache and everything

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
SInce I'm the only one watching Panorama, here's the highlights:
Leave voters: "I have nothing against Poles/immigration, but"
Remain voters: "Wahhh our futures, all the Leave voters are massive idiots"

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Hoops posted:

Haha don't hold back Nigel, we can't wait to hear all the great opinions you've got on nignogs and poor people

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

thespaceinvader posted:

I've long since thought that the best way to get progressive change to the voting system would be for Labour, Lib Dem, Green, Plaid and UKIP to make a rainbow coalition standing on the basis of 'if we win we will reform the electoral system and rerun the election' but that kind of co-operation would be basically unheard of.

Helping UKIP is a small price to pay for making the permanently fractured left able to actually be represented. Especially given that at least some of those UKIP votes will be protest votes. Stupid protest votes, but still.

I think that's how the US ended up in it's two-party hellhole, though, the (formerly) lockstep morons vs Everyone Else, and it's really hard to get Everyone Else to agree on anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renfield
Feb 29, 2008

HJB posted:

SInce I'm the only one watching Panorama, here's the highlights:
Leave voters: "I have nothing against Poles/immigration, but"
Remain voters: "Wahhh our futures, all the Leave voters are massive idiots"

It's more like:

Remain voters: "I think it's down to a lack of engagement, ignorance of the EU and a massive protest vote"

Leave voters: "I'm not racist, but"

I find the 'I don't recognise England anymore' thing really strange, as I grew up in London and have lived in England all my life (until last year when I moved to Wales), but I've never felt 'English' or even 'British', and see nothing to be Proud of in either case in recent history.

• Locked thread