Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

This game actually looks fun.

Did the not meet the incentive for Mega Man 9? :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Internet Kraken posted:

Why is it being run at AGDQ

People keep asking for obscure and seldom run games at GDQs so here we are.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Internet Kraken posted:

Why is it being run at AGDQ

That I can't answer except "they probably planned things before MN9 was a bomb and hoped it would fill the niche MN9 couldn't since it just released."

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

Metroid sighting huh? Well, I did just pour this coffee...it will still be there tomorrow.

ImpAtom posted:

Mighty Gunvolt was literally created as a free giveaway game. That's why it is what it is. It was something thrown together for super-cheap to promote other games. Any "why is it this way?" questions can be answered with "two interns threw it together on their lunch break."

It suddenly all makes sense...except for why people are trying to speedrun it.

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
All those damage boosts heh.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Little Mac posted:

It already happened

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Your Computer posted:

Since I can't be bothered to google;

now that we know the Mighty No. 9 kickstarter was a complete farce, how's it looking for that Castlevania kickstarter I can't remember the name of? I remember I was excited by it when it was announced but I never gave any money to it. Is it looking promising or bad?

It actually had a demo released that wasn't garbage so its probably gonna be fine.

Burginator
Sep 10, 2007

Two ALL BEEF patties,
Special Sauce?
Let Us Cheese.
Wow, this run was a complete waste of time with a terrible couch. Hopefully Ape Escape can bring back the hype

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Little Mac posted:

mm9 was on before this

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.

Your Computer posted:

now that we know the Mighty No. 9 kickstarter was a complete farce, how's it looking for that Castlevania kickstarter I can't remember the name of? I remember I was excited by it when it was announced but I never gave any money to it. Is it looking promising or bad?

Bloodstained is looking way better, barring a horrible pivot into development hell like MN9 it'll turn out good

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
this is why you should stick around for ratchet and clank

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvCAhSni34w&t=1565s

also if it's at all like the agdq event, they explained mechanics REALLY well and had great commentary and the run itself was really cool with some neat glitches. different runner, but same couch, I think.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

mangler103 posted:

It suddenly all makes sense...except for why people are trying to speedrun it.

People will speedrun anything. Anything.

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.

Little Mac posted:

It was right before this run

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i played this game and beat it without trying to speedrun it and it took me a little less than 40 minutes

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
cheers, friends

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx

Dias posted:

it looks like a megaman game????

So much so that I am legit wondering how this game never had any legal problems. Like, it looks like one of those mobile clones that straight up rips assets.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Majuju posted:

Bloodstained is looking way better, barring a horrible pivot into development hell like MN9 it'll turn out good

Yeah, it looks fine so far, although it's still really early into development. Visually it's already leaps and bounds ahead of MN9.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Minrad posted:

this is why you should stick around for ratchet and clank

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvCAhSni34w&t=1565s

also if it's at all like the agdq event, they explained mechanics REALLY well and had great commentary and the run itself was really cool with some neat glitches. different runner, but same couch, I think.

that couch

is pretty small too

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Sage Grimm posted:

People will speedrun anything. Anything.

Found what I was referring to. 345 hour speedrun for 100% Baiten Kaitos.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

I'm serious when I say that next GDQ should have a donation incentive to not play Might Number 9.

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
Speedrun making ramen and make competitors choose from a random lot of microwaves.

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose!
I'm gonna start speedrunning quest for glory since there's only like two people who do that and be a world champ!

e: is there any speedrunning on twitch's new eating channel? I'd be good at that

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

Metroid sighting huh? Well, I did just pour this coffee...it will still be there tomorrow.
The PS1 block always bums me out. This is what we used to consider acceptable graphics?

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

emdash posted:

It already happened

Oh good, good.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

mangler103 posted:

The PS1 block always bums me out. This is what we used to consider acceptable graphics?

I was just thinking "these graphics are really good for PS1."

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

love the spyro shirt on the guy to the right. bursting with flavor.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

mangler103 posted:

I never had a playstation, but I think the unfiltered, squiggly polygon pixelated mess of PS1 games are kinda charming :3:

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

Pakled posted:

I was just thinking "these graphics are really good for PS1."

I agree actually. But so many jaggies.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
e: once again, never mind. seems like something on my computer makes this stream really odd.

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

mangler103 posted:

I don't care what it looks like, Ape Escape is a great game (and also a great speedgame once they get the slingshot).

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

smell this posted:

love the spyro shirt on the guy to the right. bursting with flavor.

Slowly melting into the couch.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

ZShakespeare posted:

I'm gonna start speedrunning quest for glory since there's only like two people who do that and be a world champ!

e: is there any speedrunning on twitch's new eating channel? I'd be good at that

Someone actually did speedrun all the quest for glory games in about 90 minutes for the RPG marathon. The devs were on the line too it's actually pretty neat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9ullNjSTq8
If you haven't played the games though this is hella confusing.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I mean, Ape Escape looks okay-ish for a PSX game.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Dias posted:

I mean, Ape Escape looks okay-ish for a PSX game.

yeah this game is blocky but it's no blast corps

hell I look at this and I go "this isnt much worse than monster hunter 4u" which i've been playing for the past week :suicide:

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
*looks at original metroid* these used to be acceptable graphics?!?!

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I mean early 3D games are notorious for having aged worse than pretty much anything else.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
mega man legends and it's spin-off and sequel are the only 3d ps1 games that actually still look good and they had a ridiculous amount of time spent creating textures for facial expressions so that the cutscene angles wouldn't make characters look weird

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

The Colonel posted:

mega man legends and it's spin-off and sequel are the only 3d ps1 games that actually still look good and they had a ridiculous amount of time spent creating textures for facial expressions so that the cutscene angles wouldn't make characters look weird

I think Einhander's held up pretty well.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Other than the pop in, Ape Escape has always looked real good. Art direction matters, yall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

i remember buying this game and being unable to play it because I didn't have a dualshock :(

• Locked thread