Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Pakled posted:

I think Einhander's held up pretty well.

I also don't hate FF9, although the last time I played it was a while ago and it was upscaled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
actually i take that back, threads of fate still looks pretty decent

also i'm digging this ape escape run

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!

ZShakespeare posted:

e: is there any speedrunning on twitch's new eating channel? I'd be good at that

Erata posted:

Speedrun making ramen and make competitors choose from a random lot of microwaves.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxeWrk414_s

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

Metroid sighting huh? Well, I did just pour this coffee...it will still be there tomorrow.

The Colonel posted:

actually i take that bacl, threads of fate still looks pretty decent

Yeah, I wasn't super familiar with this one, but it looks like a really fun game.

Burginator
Sep 10, 2007

Two ALL BEEF patties,
Special Sauce?
Let Us Cheese.

The Colonel posted:

actually i take that back, threads of fate still looks pretty decent

ya this is a fun run, but I wish the fellow on the right actually spoke. People sitting around silently during runs weirds me out

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I feel bad for everyone who didn't have a chance to play Ape Escape because this game ruled. It's also a drat shame platformers are dead cause Ape Escape should make a comeback.

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

Metroid sighting huh? Well, I did just pour this coffee...it will still be there tomorrow.
Although, what madman installed sirens on the tops of every monkey's head?

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Barudak posted:

It's also a drat shame platformers are dead

Did Yooka-Laylee fail already? :ohdear:

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I wonder if anyone could answer about the more technical side of the streaming - what are they using to capture RGB signals? Capture card, sync strike, etc? I've been meaning to get into live streaming retro but all my consoles are RGB and the options aren't very numerous.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.
They keep saying monkeys but the game is called Ape Escape so I am stressing the hell out here

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose!
VGA quest for glory I and II? scrub tier

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Burginator posted:

ya this is a fun run, but I wish the fellow on the right actually spoke. People sitting around silently during runs weirds me out

amybe he's mute but they gave him a mic not knowing and he didn't want to be rude

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

Azazell0 posted:

I wonder if anyone could answer about the more technical side of the streaming - what are they using to capture RGB signals? Capture card, sync strike, etc? I've been meaning to get into live streaming retro but all my consoles are RGB and the options aren't very numerous.

Not sure what they use, but I have used the elgato Game Capture HD in the past, and it works really well.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Your Computer posted:

Did Yooka-Laylee fail already? :ohdear:

The fact we only have one to talk about is the troubling sign. I hope Yooka-Laylee rules cause I fuckin love platforms.

It's me, I'm the one who collects all the gubbins to unlock the doodads to get the McGuffins.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
yooka-laylee will be good because they're dropping the part of banjo-tooie where you had to walk everywhere and talk to half a dozen people to get anything done

Tohovi
Jul 18, 2006

Burginator posted:

This guy in the middle actually had another guy beside him during the Mega Man 8 run who also never said a word. In the same spot.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Barudak posted:

The fact you only have one to talk about is the troubling sign. I hope Yooka-Laylee rules cause I fuckin love platforms.

It's me, I'm the one who collects all the gubbins to unlock the doodads to get the McGuffins.

Legit one of my favorite genres and while everyone likes to talk about "collectathons :rolleyes:" I really enjoy those games :(

I'm also hoping A Hat in Time will be good.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

mangler103 posted:

Not sure what they use, but I have used the elgato Game Capture HD in the past, and it works really well.

Yeah, but that's composite only for retro consoles.

Burginator
Sep 10, 2007

Two ALL BEEF patties,
Special Sauce?
Let Us Cheese.

Tohovi posted:

This guy in the middle actually had another guy beside him during the Mega Man 8 run who also never said a word. In the same spot.

Perhaps these two giant mutes are brothers. SpyroBro and BlueBro

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009
It's so surreal to see Ape Escape with the American voice acting. I mean both the US and UK dubs are bad but it's not what I grew up with is all.

On the other hand the PAL version has atrocious slowdown so it's not like they could speedrun that one.

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.

Azazell0 posted:

We're actually using S-Video (with modded consoles if necessary), not RGB, so the fact that you can't tell the difference makes me wonder if RGB is worth the hassle. :v:

Thursday Next
Jan 11, 2004

FUCK THE ISLE OF APPLES. FUCK THEM IN THEIR STUPID ASSES.

Minrad posted:

mercy kill mega man from gdq events

Please.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

This is a neat run with good movement and cool little tricks they're explaining really well, so it's doing a good job of scrubbing Mega Man block from my brain

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

UraniumAnchor posted:

We're actually using S-Video (with modded consoles if necessary), not RGB, so the fact that you can't tell the difference makes me wonder if RGB is worth the hassle. :v:

I figured this could be the case, since I've read about S-Video capturing as well. What kind of set-up you actually have going from a console to streaming device?

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

The gently caress? We were just having fun putting monkeys in nets, and all of a sudden a dark souls boss shows up.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Majuju posted:

This is a neat run with good movement and cool little tricks they're explaining really well, so it's doing a good job of scrubbing Mega Man block from my brain

:same:

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

mangler103 posted:

The gently caress? We were just having fun putting monkeys in nets, and all of a sudden a dark souls boss shows up.

It gets weirder the further the series progresses.

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy

God drat that commercial went on a journey of a lifetime.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

mangler103 posted:

The real Ape Escape starts here™

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

runner tilting

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

I like how it's Mad Max for like half a second.

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!

Erata posted:

God drat that commercial went on a journey of a lifetime.

Have I got news for you then

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7m5gcxP3Yg&t=346s

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy

Ahahah. This is great. I love that whoever came up with the joke was allowed to make it real. :D

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Pakled posted:

I was just thinking "these graphics are really good for PS1."

I was thinking the same, you also have to keep in mind that this was made for non-digital SDTVs.

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!
I'd feel bad about this derail but nothing is going on in this run.

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
The run's fine. It's got some lulls in it. I really liked the infinite jump glitch because going out of bounds always looks great. The commentary is awkward and subdued, but informative! :thumbsup:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Informative commentary is the best. At least, in opposition to in-joke bullshit for mediocre games.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

mangler103 posted:

Although, what madman installed sirens on the tops of every monkey's head?

IIRC, it was the evil super-intelligent boss monkey.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Is Morty the main villain in Ape Escape?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009

raditts posted:

IIRC, it was the evil super-intelligent boss monkey.

The Professor made the helmet to make people smart, the white monkey stole it and made more for his monkey minions.

• Locked thread