Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!
Power Up that audio

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Incoherence posted:

I remember playing around with the warp glitch in the original as a kid. I actually didn't know how to legitimately get into Turtle Rock my first couple times through the game.

The warp trick is so much fun. If memory serves, there's unique dialogue for having Marin following you in places where you should never be able to have Marin.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Wake up, audio guys.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Oh poo poo this is my shining moment. My cross-stitch is on-screen. Dream come true.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Hey person who made the Zelda cross stitch they showed it on stream

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Sage Grimm posted:

Oh poo poo this is my shining moment. My cross-stitch is on-screen. Dream come true.

it's good

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Sage Grimm posted:

it looks extremely cool, good work

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Donator just said he took the week off for GDQ.

Really? :wtc:

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

SWMadness posted:

MeccaPrime did an LP of the original Link's Awakening where he broke the game so thoroughly he was doing the dungeons in reverse order. It was magical.

That is truly a magical LP, especially the way MeccaPrime just pretends like everything is perfectly normal even as the game descends into a nightmare of mangled sprites.

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

Metroid sighting huh? Well, I did just pour this coffee...it will still be there tomorrow.
I made a special donation, just to be eligible for the cross-stitch. Awesome work.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

MisterBibs posted:

I mean, you can take time off to do whatever the hell you enjoy doing so :shrug:

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose!
yeah :wtc:

*takes the week off work to practice for hot dog eating contest.*

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

I took some time off too. :ssh:

(More because it was Canada Day weekend but hey!)

Also thanks guys. Glad the cross-stitch turned out awesome and it got safely to SGDQ.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
:worship: Links awakening

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Alright I went to sleep during Speedy Gonzalez: Los Gatos Bandidos, have I missed anything good by eating with family instead of watching this

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I can't loving believe it, a power outage RIGHT as the game starts :negative: :negative: :negative:

What's happened so far?

bef posted:

:worship: Links awakening

this

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
What a legend. Of Zelda.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

More like Link's the legend of all these games and he's just waking up to that fact.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I had a GameBoy Printer. It's in my closet right now along with one or two unopened rolls of the thermal printer paper.

They are already showing off so many things I didn't know about. Super jumping?!

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Your Computer posted:

I can't loving believe it, a power outage RIGHT as the game starts :negative: :negative: :negative:

What's happened so far?

this

Cool stuff. Sequence breaking, super jumps.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Harlock posted:

Cool stuff. Sequence breaking, super jumps.

I'm watching now, what did they sequence break? I saw them beat the first dungeon.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
I forgot to do this

:shopkeeper:

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

only ten minutes in but this run is super solid

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Game is good, run is good, I'm very happy :coffeepal:

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

GeneX posted:

Alright I went to sleep during Speedy Gonzalez: Los Gatos Bandidos, have I missed anything good by eating with family instead of watching this

Ape Escape, the Spyro race, and Ratchet & Clank were all pretty solid.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
He considered doing the dumbass "oh no I screwed up HAHA just kidding it was planned" thing and then he didn't. Good runner.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

MisterBibs posted:

Last year I was still working at The Store™ they give us a week of paid vacation and I was leaving to go back to school a month after SGDQ and I hadn't used it yet so I figured it would be as good a time as any.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

JethroMcB posted:

I had a GameBoy Printer. It's in my closet right now along with one or two unopened rolls of the thermal printer paper.

They are already showing off so many things I didn't know about. Super jumping?!

I as well had it and the Gameboy camera. Which I used a lot as a dumb child who got it on clearance for like 5 bucks together all told. Even printed the pointless easter egg image.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

shoutouts to acorn

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Kaubocks posted:

shoutouts to acorn

has there been a "shoutout to shoutouts" yet this event?

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.
link-jerking-into-exploding-eye-monster.gif

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

MisterBibs posted:

I get a ton of vacation every year and am too poor for the immediate future for a real vacation so I tend to take this off too :sun:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Link's Awakening is the best Zelda game ever made. Get out of here with your Ocarinas and Majora masks

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Your Computer posted:

has there been a "shoutout to shoutouts" yet this event?

you just did!

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Macaluso posted:

Link's Awakening is the best Zelda game ever made. Get out of here with your Ocarinas and Majora masks
Awakening is good, but I'm afraid Link Between Worlds takes the crown :colbert:

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
That Thief is a real angler.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Rorus Raz posted:

LBW is a very close second

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Rorus Raz posted:

breath of the wild looks like its going to be awesome, but yeah link between worlds is really good.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Link failed to grab his nuts while talking to Maron.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
For my fellow Link's Awakening lovers, Hyrule Warriors just released a Link's Awakening DLC. It has Marin as a playable character. In 2016. This is not a joke.

• Locked thread