Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
Siggy and Finster, when are you guys free? I'm pretty sure I've got you both on my Steam friends list (same userID). I'm in South Australia, so I'm pretty sure that doesn't go too well with either of your schedules, sadly :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!
Aramoro and Canyenero, I'm out of town until this weekend, but I'll hit you both up asap for game time.

Brunas
Nov 5, 2012

Overdesigned and Strobe, I have all the stuff set up already to stream if you're interested.

Overdesigned, Strobe, and Talas: I have the alt art Maarek Stele's from the 2016 Stele Open I promised to the winners of each pool like 230948 years ago. Just need an address to send them to! Alternatively, I can send them all to Strobe and he can mail them out, if you don't want to trust some shady guy on SA with a mailing address.

Talas and Strobe: Let me know when you guys want to play. Generally Thursday-Sunday EST evening is best for me.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Overdesigned and Brunas: the next time I'll be able to play is Saturday after noon, but I'll also be available Sunday evening and (next) Friday hopefully all day to knock out some games.

I'd personally be more comfortable if you handled mailing stuff out. It'd also shorten turnaround times for the other recipients.

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy

Brunas posted:

Overdesigned and Strobe, I have all the stuff set up already to stream if you're interested.

Overdesigned, Strobe, and Talas: I have the alt art Maarek Stele's from the 2016 Stele Open I promised to the winners of each pool like 230948 years ago. Just need an address to send them to! Alternatively, I can send them all to Strobe and he can mail them out, if you don't want to trust some shady guy on SA with a mailing address.

Talas and Strobe: Let me know when you guys want to play. Generally Thursday-Sunday EST evening is best for me.

Looks like you don't have PM's, shoot me an email at usmcnavgeek@gmail.com and I'll get you the deets. Thanks! I didn't realize there were actual prizes for this thing.

Strobe: I'm pretty wide open, any evening or weekend day is good. I''ll find you this weekend.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Hit me up on Steam for details on my end (thanks for the reminder overdesigned), too.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Brunas posted:

I'm free this Thursday around 6pm CST, Brunas.

My email is jjtalas(a)gmail.com. I'm kind of worried since I live in Mexico and our postal service is absolute poo poo, but maybe we can find some arrangement. Thank you!

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Strobe posted:

CROSS-POOL GAME WEEK ONE:
General Battuta versus Admiral Joeslop

Langolas versus Admiral Joeslop

I feel like I've played you both before in which case we've already exchanged Steam info. If not, my steam name is Admiral Joeslop (http://steamcommunity.com/id/Joeslop/). Feel free to PM me on Steam or on here. I would prefer to get both games done before the 14th or so because I'm moving the 16th and the days before and after will be hectic and I probably won't have Internet.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Hey siggy2021, here's something that should make you feel better about how the first seven weeks went: Out of the seven people now in pool 1, FOUR of them came from Pool two, and were your opponents in the last two months. Over half of the top bracket is made up of Pool Two.

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006
Strobe, is there a preferred way that we send you our lists and game results? I'm just trying to think of ways to make your life easier. Specific PM formatting, Steam messages, etc.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
PMs are by far the best way to tell me. If you want a specific format, then go with something in the topic line like "X-wing League Week X, <player 1> versus <player 2>, <result>" where X is currently 8 (or 9), and the score is formatted in Player 1 - Player 2 so that if player 2 won and player 1 killed 30 points, the score would be written as 30-100.

Put whatever you want in the body, but that'd help me significantly in finding games in my hideously overfull PM inbox. If that doesn't work (or anybody reading this doesn't have PMs) Steam is the next best way.

Odds are good that if you only post it in the thread I will miss it one way or another.

Langolas
Feb 12, 2011

My mustache makes me sexy, not the hat

Chemmy posted:

Langolas: I'm on vacation in Europe and back on Sunday. We'll figure out a time after.

Sounds good man. You can find me in the Goons TTS group under Langly if you haven't added me on steam yet

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

Threatening stuffed animals for fun and profit.

Strobe posted:

Hey siggy2021, here's something that should make you feel better about how the first seven weeks went: Out of the seven people now in pool 1, FOUR of them came from Pool two, and were your opponents in the last two months. Over half of the top bracket is made up of Pool Two.

But what percentage of them were NOVA SQUAD? Please display your results using a bar graph.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

I take solace in knowing that one of the guys in Pool 1 lost to Mad Cow Disease. :)

Brunas
Nov 5, 2012

Strobe posted:

Overdesigned and Brunas: the next time I'll be able to play is Saturday after noon, but I'll also be available Sunday evening and (next) Friday hopefully all day to knock out some games.

I'd personally be more comfortable if you handled mailing stuff out. It'd also shorten turnaround times for the other recipients.

Sounds good.

overdesigned posted:

Looks like you don't have PM's, shoot me an email at usmcnavgeek@gmail.com and I'll get you the deets. Thanks! I didn't realize there were actual prizes for this thing.

Strobe: I'm pretty wide open, any evening or weekend day is good. I''ll find you this weekend.

Talas posted:

I'm free this Thursday around 6pm CST, Brunas.

My email is jjtalas(a)gmail.com. I'm kind of worried since I live in Mexico and our postal service is absolute poo poo, but maybe we can find some arrangement. Thank you!

Sounds good guys. Yep, too much of a pleb for PMs. I'll get the emails and such sent out Wednesday, don't want to start it tonight and forget to follow up.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Gerdalti posted:

Aramoro and Canyenero, I'm out of town until this weekend, but I'll hit you both up asap for game time.

Cool, just add me on Steam, Im in the Steam Group with the same name I think.

Spiggy just let me know when is good for you. I am in the UK so we are GMT+1 just now.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!
Looks like Deviant and I will have to get in a Double Header match.

siggy2021
Mar 8, 2010

Major Isoor posted:

Siggy and Finster, when are you guys free? I'm pretty sure I've got you both on my Steam friends list (same userID). I'm in South Australia, so I'm pretty sure that doesn't go too well with either of your schedules, sadly :v:

I'm not sure what a reasonable time would be. It looks like you are about 13.5 hours ahead of me if I'm looking at this right.

I could possibly get up early Sunday to play in your evening.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

No one can register for worlds because WePay limits API calls to a stupid low number, and of course FFG didn't actually notify WePay that they'd have a lot of people trying to pay today. God loving damnit FFG

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Im still laughing at the fact that they are still running world's tickets as first come, first served instead of a raffle.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

People paying to travel to Minnesota in winter, no fuckin thanks

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006
Early November up here is usually in the 40s or 50s, though someone will be happy to tell you about the 3 foot snow storm on Halloween back in the 1990s. Anyway, weather shouldn't be the thing to dissuade anyone from coming to Worlds (I wasn't even born here so I don't think I'm too biased). That being said, I got the throttled error as well, so I may not be attending regardless!

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

canyonero posted:

Early November up here is usually in the 40s or 50s, though someone will be happy to tell you about the 3 foot snow storm on Halloween back in the 1990s. Anyway, weather shouldn't be the thing to dissuade anyone from coming to Worlds (I wasn't even born here so I don't think I'm too biased). That being said, I got the throttled error as well, so I may not be attending regardless!

From Michigan, it literally snowed before Halloween every year of the 20+ I lived there lol.

pbpancho
Feb 17, 2004
-=International Sales=-

canyoneer posted:

Ahaha someone on my local group says that the large bases in his red and blue base packs are noticeably oversized compared to the clear ones

It's not all of them, mine are the right size!

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Chemmy posted:

Langolas: I'm on vacation in Europe and back on Sunday. We'll figure out a time after.

Enjoy Europe before we descend into full on Brexit chaos!

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.
drat, forgot the Worlds signups were today. Even though they took it down, it looks like X-wing and Armada are both full for Wave 1.

https://twitter.com/FFGOP/status/750329953347141634

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

You picked the day to miss, signups were a complete clusterfuck.

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

ConfusedUs posted:

Strobe, you're doing a great job so don't be so hard on yourself.

ro5s and The Gate, I'm down to play whenever. Bring it on!

I'm free UK evenings/nights, ro5s on steam if you want to add me to arrange our game.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

ro5s posted:

I'm free UK evenings/nights, ro5s on steam if you want to add me to arrange our game.

Sent you an invite.

I'm in Central time, US. We can work out the timing details on steam. Early evening my time will be fairly late for you.

Herux
Dec 1, 2013

Strobe posted:

FORMER POOL 2 RULES!

FOR ZENMASTAT and GENERAL BATTUTA

I changed my steam name to be Herux...so add me and leave me a message. I generally can play weds 6pm-midnightEST as well as fridays(if you tell me before i go drinking)

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Anyone else doing the UK Team Champs in October? My local will be sending two teams probably.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

My team will be probably send 5 teams or so again. Took part in it last year with them but wasn't an official member yet :)

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

186th taking over and all that :P

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

thespaceinvader posted:

186th taking over and all that :P
We've had a pretty good track record, yeah. It's a good bunch of guys with the right attitude!

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

I'm hoping Meeple Squadron can get somewhere, but in the end, it's a tiny store with maybe ten regulars, so...

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I saw this and thought of you, ClC.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I saw this and thought of you, ClC.

:swoon: I have it ready for posing next to when I win worlds.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
What do people think of a y-wing with an ICT and stressbot? Basically, cause the stress, and ion, and the target won't be able to clear the stress (unless they have nien-numb or an r2 unit)

alg
Mar 14, 2007

bunnyofdoom posted:

What do people think of a y-wing with an ICT and stressbot? Basically, cause the stress, and ion, and the target won't be able to clear the stress (unless they have nien-numb or an r2 unit)

It won't work against most aces since the cannon won't hit and it's only range 1-2 which is too easy to dodge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

I've tried it, but the R1-2 on the ion cannon was a problem. It's pretty easy to get caught at range 3, only inflict one stress before the opposing ships jump into R1 to kill the y wing.

• Locked thread