Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
If you want to take a shot at me get in line, line
1 2 3!
Baby, I've had all my shots and I'm fine
sounds like it was after the next game, Amnesia: Dark Descent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
glitchless, bah.

stringball
Mar 17, 2009

I've never played these, was the one about pigs the bad one and is this fun to watch

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
Pigs wasn't done by the same developer. I have no idea if this is going to be fun to watch for anyone but people who already played it.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

stringball posted:

I've never played these, was the one about pigs the bad one and is this fun to watch

pigs is considered bad, and eh it's probably going to be one of the more bearable plays of amnesia on twitch since the steamer won't try overreacting in the spirit of the pewdiepie

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
Co-commentator is totally :geno:

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Turn off the lights for maximum spookiness! But I just woke up and it's a clear, sunny morning.

Not really interested in FPS type of stuff, but how were the Zelda runs last night?

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.

Azazell0 posted:

Turn off the lights for maximum spookiness! But I just woke up and it's a clear, sunny morning.

Not really interested in FPS type of stuff, but how were the Zelda runs last night?

One was good, one was not.

e: Probably should have actually said which was which. Link's Awakening was good, FSA was way too long.

LeafyOrb
Jun 11, 2012

Erata posted:

Co-commentator is totally :geno:

At least he brought notes so he's prepared. He seems nervous as well, it's sort of endearing honestly.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

LeafyOrb posted:

At least he brought notes so he's prepared. He seems nervous as well, it's sort of endearing honestly.

After watching the Mighty Gunvolt debacle yesterday I have a higher tolerance for nervous runners/commentators who actually try instead of just loving around.

no Eonwe this is not to be taken literally, they were just bad.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Tiler Kiwi posted:

glitchless, bah.
Does this mean no out of bounds exploiting? Because it's hilarious having the runner chilling on the ceiling while the poor monster roars in vain trying to get him.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Azazell0 posted:

After watching the Mighty Gunvolt debacle yesterday I have a higher tolerance for nervous runners/commentators who actually try instead of just loving around.

no Eonwe this is not to be taken literally, they were just bad.

Yeah, people give awkward commentary poo poo but it's miles better than the quite common dead-couch that doesn't explain poo poo.

This run doesn't look TOO interesting tho.

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy

LeafyOrb posted:

Yeah, and he's pointed out a few bits of trivia I wasn't aware of, too!

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
An hour-long glitchless run is a terrible idea no matter how beloved or perfect a game may be :colbert:

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
This game completely freaked me out. The "monster sees you" sound effect still makes my skin crawl.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
lots of WutFace

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy

Teikanmi posted:

lots of WutFace

lol good

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Oh is this the thing pewdiepie is always screaming at?

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Hahahaha that skip is so dumb I love this run.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
"glitchless"

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
I'm not sure how this is "glitchless" but it's fun seeing Daniel barricading himself into a chair to fool the creature.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
This is glitchless compared to the any% run where they just jump out of bounds and walk around entire levels

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
It's so nice to have calm people who just talk about the run instead of being cringey nerds and making bad jokes or trying to explain incredibly complex tricks that the viewers can't understand

Prel
Jan 12, 2012

Honestly this is pretty ok. Monotone commentator seems to have gotten a little more comfortable and even though it's 'glitchless' there's a lot of dumb poo poo to be amused by. It's better than the awful games block was.

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
Clutch as heck.
I like this run.

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
He's right about horror design. The game loses its spook factor if it doesn't let you relax and suspect it's over.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Polite golf claps following a man propelling himself through the air with a high explosive. I love speedrunning.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
the dk crew?!

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Well, at least he admitted he's nervous.

He redeemed himself by saying

"I wanna say it's frame perfect but that's just a speedrunners' excuse for saying 'this is pretty hard'"

though, since I've thought about the exact same thing.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
The Dark Troopers were scary to 5 year old me

saihttam
Apr 15, 2006
Enter sadman
This is a good run

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
boba fett?!

Tunahead
Mar 26, 2010

I'm really enjoying this game's use of the Wilhelm scream.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Tunahead posted:

I'm really enjoying this game's use of the Wilhelm scream.

IIIIIIIIIIAAAAAAAAAAAAARRGH

This is a solid run, good action and the runner explains stuff pretty well.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
stormtroopers just looking confused as kyle runs by

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
I left for a BBQ right around the time Link's Awakening started; anything good happen tonight?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Incoherence posted:

I left for a BBQ right around the time Link's Awakening started; anything good happen tonight?

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/750163499909730305

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

Those TD jumps are really satisfying to watch, good run imo

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I don't think anything was noteworthy, but no runs were bad or anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
ranch, or cool ranch

• Locked thread