Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties
If only real life lets you save and reload.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

International co-operation is at foot in today's dose of Civ:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pdrsJzlRP8

Old Grey Guy
Feb 12, 2014
Since we took it first, shouldn't we rename Hamburg to Manhattan?

E: Never mind, was behind on the updates.

Old Grey Guy fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Jul 5, 2016

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

Old Grey Guy posted:

Since we took it first, shouldn't we rename Hamburg to Manhattan?

E: Never mind, was behind on the updates.

Was about to say. Hamburg isn't sticking around....

Anyway. Here's today's episode:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pivl9rTbqv8

Turns out that having an enemy that can't shoot back is a very good way to win wars. Who knew?

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

Press A to Protect Earth!
Is a domination victory feasible at this point? If you went ahead and charged at Askia's capital too that'd be 4 already. Obviously the goal is a MOAI~~~ victory but just wondering whether Polynesia is at the snowball point yet.

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

Frozen_flame posted:

Is a domination victory feasible at this point? If you went ahead and charged at Askia's capital too that'd be 4 already. Obviously the goal is a MOAI~~~ victory but just wondering whether Polynesia is at the snowball point yet.

Feasible? Absolutely. Still not something we're going to do and would also require creating and maneuvering a significant army about. Warsaw and Washington are both inland after all.

Today's episode is all about trying to build things:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tIJwcQzK0o

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Could they not have wanted Oil because they don't have flight?

Also, when cities need a lot of things, why do you not focus production from factories, workshops, windmills etc? since they'll improve the time to get everything done

Veloxyll fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Jul 6, 2016

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

So I was catching up and city states can capture cities?!

I had literally no idea, but I also play really peaceful games because I suck at warfare before the modern era.

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

No episode today because I can't stop coughing long enough to get a decent recording in. Sorry folks. :(

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015

hopeandjoy posted:

So I was catching up and city states can capture cities?!

I had literally no idea, but I also play really peaceful games because I suck at warfare before the modern era.

Yup, had that happen to me in a recent game as well. The game was already over though and I didn't bother sticking around to see what the city state would do with it.

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

Right. Not doing too badly today. I'll see if I can't get an episode or two hashed out this evening.

EDIT: Could only get one episode in before my throat started to give out but here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=md_6Tn60tdc

Captain Fargle fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Jul 11, 2016

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

Okay. I'm sufficiently well again that we can return to the regular schedule again without bother:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZ1DJgtqRio

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

You should really just nuke Stockholm. For spite if nothing else.

Edit: is there a difference between happiness and local happiness? Or was it just a clunky way of saying "each mint etc gives +1 happiness"

Veloxyll fucked around with this message at 11:25 on Jul 13, 2016

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
Local happiness can't exceed the population of the city where it applies, while global happiness has no such restriction.

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend
So I noticed you keep complaining about various little things in Civ V, so I am going to use this thread to complain about something as well!

Poland in Civ V has a black eagle as its logo, rather than a white eagle, which has been the Polish coat of arms since at least the XIII century or so. I won't bore you with how there's plenty of myth and legend about it, even though there is. The problem here is that historically black eagles have had a very bad rap in Poland, since they were the coat of arms of Prussia, Russia, and Austria, which you may recognize as the three powers who partitioned Poland. In fact, they even signed a secret pact named the Treaty of Three Black Eagles, which concerned specifically how to best gently caress with Poland.

The problem here is, naturally, that the white-and-red colour scheme had already been taken by the time Poland was added - by Japan - as was red-and-white - by Austria. Who get a white eagle as their logo. Even though the HRE eagle has always been black.

:argh:

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

Heads up everyone: Today's episode is currently stuck in uploading hell. I'll put it here as soon as it's done but at the rate it's going it might not be done for a few more hours.

EDIT: And here it is at last!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_T5C0DVGJU

Captain Fargle fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Jul 14, 2016

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
But... Moai that glow in the dark :(

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

Were there no Uranium sources inland? Also there absolutely should be a glow effect on the Moai if under Uranium. Gloai.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Tevery Best posted:

So I noticed you keep complaining about various little things in Civ V, so I am going to use this thread to complain about something as well!

Poland in Civ V has a black eagle as its logo, rather than a white eagle, which has been the Polish coat of arms since at least the XIII century or so. I won't bore you with how there's plenty of myth and legend about it, even though there is. The problem here is that historically black eagles have had a very bad rap in Poland, since they were the coat of arms of Prussia, Russia, and Austria, which you may recognize as the three powers who partitioned Poland. In fact, they even signed a secret pact named the Treaty of Three Black Eagles, which concerned specifically how to best gently caress with Poland.

The problem here is, naturally, that the white-and-red colour scheme had already been taken by the time Poland was added - by Japan - as was red-and-white - by Austria. Who get a white eagle as their logo. Even though the HRE eagle has always been black.

:argh:

Poland - Getting the Portugal treatment in the East.

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

Okay. About to record today's ep. New microphone arrived and it's taken a lot of fuckery to get it going to satisfactory levels.

EDIT: No upload fuckery tonight! Nice and prompt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LT8dXy33Xt8

Captain Fargle fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Jul 14, 2016

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

You said you wouldn't go to war with Poland over one Archaeologist, but he got two sites from you this time - one on the Tyre border. Time to use his lands for sport like a god!

Is Sweden's completely insane money going to let them just buy a victory anytime soon? There are also some nice wonders in Stockholm :)

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

rchandra posted:

You said you wouldn't go to war with Poland over one Archaeologist, but he got two sites from you this time - one on the Tyre border. Time to use his lands for sport like a god!

Is Sweden's completely insane money going to let them just buy a victory anytime soon? There are also some nice wonders in Stockholm :)

That probably depends if the AI pursues multiple victory condition. Because Gustav could go freedom and buy his way in to space.

The real worry though is that someone will go space while Fargle tries to catch up on tourism that got badly delayed while he was making war, not tourism.

Veloxyll fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Jul 15, 2016

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

And here we go everyone! The grand finale of our incredible time travelling moai saga!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mssyDUeQwxs

I'm joined for this one by my buddy Satanic Ghandi. (Yes he actually spells it that way. Yes it's stupid)

Since Morocco came runner up in the last poll it will be the showcase of the next game, starting tomorrow.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

46 turns from victory.

Still haven't built Oxford U.

I vaguely remember playing a game with Fargle. I just futzed around while Fargle ran away with the game.

Veloxyll fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Jul 16, 2016

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
Think you might want to give France another shot?

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

And so begins the Morocco game!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnEiAz5Yp5c

Guests this episode: Blastinus

I'd also like to start planning for a multiplayer game to part of the LP. If you want to be in the game let me know! You need to have a reliable internet connection, both expansions and all the DLCs that aren't map packs. If I can get a suitable group together then we'll set aside several nights and I'll livestream the game across them.

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

Will watch after work but hell with it. I'm a terrible player, lets MP. Will the voice chat all be recorded? My mic is a cheap headset pos. Dont mind getting a real one, need an excuse really

psluuthor
Oct 29, 2011
I was expecting you to settle near all those desert hills and rush for petra. Desert hills with petra and a kasbah are ridiculous, like having a bunch of natural wonders clumped together.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Frozen_flame posted:

Will watch after work but hell with it. I'm a terrible player, lets MP. Will the voice chat all be recorded? My mic is a cheap headset pos. Dont mind getting a real one, need an excuse really

Compared to Fargle, we're all kinda bad. And we don't get the cheating hand-up the AI does :p
And providing that it's not a crackly mic it's fine.

Also, I am totally tempted for MP. what timeish?

Veloxyll fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Jul 16, 2016

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry
I, too, am a filthy casual willing to do some multiplayer.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
I was getting increasingly distressed every turn you went without settling your first city. :stare:

eta: one space away from where you started. :stonk:

eta2: Not trying to give you poo poo for how you play, you're a lot better than I am at this game, it just goes against every instinct for playing Civ 5 that I have.

GunnerJ fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Jul 16, 2016

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

I'd totally be down for some MP action.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

I would join in on the Multiplayer, but Fargle can attest to how garbage fire my computer/connection is.

psluuthor
Oct 29, 2011
I'd be up for multiplayer so long as the timing works out. I'm curious if there are civs that you'd ban, like Genghis Khan for example.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

I'd MP, but I know who would lose every game.

(Hint, it's me.)

skullhead tethyis
Dec 30, 2015

Captain Fargle posted:

all the DLCs that aren't map packs.
list'em and check
Babylon may be the one that I'm missing, although I never thought Civ5 was that aggressive about signature checking

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Depending on the timing I'd be up for some MP.

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

skullhead tethyis posted:

list'em and check
Babylon may be the one that I'm missing, although I never thought Civ5 was that aggressive about signature checking

Gods and Kings
Brave New World
Babylon
Korea
Denmark
Polynesia
Inca and Spain
Wonders of the Ancient World

I think I'd like to start the multiplayer game in a week. Who would be available on Saturday the 23rd?

psluuthor
Oct 29, 2011

Captain Fargle posted:

Gods and Kings
Brave New World
Babylon
Korea
Denmark
Polynesia
Inca and Spain
Wonders of the Ancient World

I think I'd like to start the multiplayer game in a week. Who would be available on Saturday the 23rd?

Weekends are good for me, and I have all of those.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Running a convention that weekend, unfortunately. Weekend after wouldn't be a problem.

• Locked thread