Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
greetings from poland

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

i love how everyone just puts "greetings from" in their donation totally seriously now

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Macaluso posted:

I didn't realize it was gonna be that short! I don't pay attention to the estimated time of these games enough

edit: They're gonna do Crypt of the Necrodancer? That game is dope but it seems a bit random to do a good speedrun. Unless they changed all the songs in the game to be stupid crazy fast

If I remember right from last time they ran it there's a specific seed they use and yeah, fast music.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Macaluso posted:

I didn't realize it was gonna be that short! I don't pay attention to the estimated time of these games enough

edit: They're gonna do Crypt of the Necrodancer? That game is dope but it seems a bit random to do a good speedrun. Unless they changed all the songs in the game to be stupid crazy fast

last time they had some crazy-good CotN player do the mode where you can't miss a single beat. it was very entertaining imo

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
Should've played the original Rondo of Blood instead of Dracula X to at least get those amazing jams. That game has such a great soundtrack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndKxSE8qfn4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqWW0PTkjR8

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

CrashCat posted:

i love how everyone just puts "greetings from" in their donation totally seriously now

On the other hand, "hoooipe" seems to be dying a slow death, so it balances out.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

emdash posted:

last time they had some crazy-good CotN player do the mode where you can't miss a single beat. it was very entertaining imo

Looking forward to it! That game is great but hard as hell

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

emdash posted:

Kinda. They had all the bad mods on that character, where the game is played at double time, you can't pick up any gold that dead enemies drop (including from bosses), you have a single hit and you can't upgrade your weapon from a dagger. And you can't miss a single beat.

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

Macaluso posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6gQv2Nr2H0&t=1004s

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

the alice hype is real. If that doesnt get voted for terra's name i'll be shocked.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Just noticed that there is an "all levels SS-rank" Dustforce run coming up. That might be the hardest run that's ever done on a GDQ event. Looking forward to it.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

"Those guys over there"

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I was going to joke about using the luck code, but whelp.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
He's not actually going to do it blindfolded right?

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

Your Computer posted:

you must be new here :allears:

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Castlevania games are so incredibly buggy

Merv Burger
Jan 3, 2008

Macaluso posted:

They're using a specific seed, and it's a race between SpootyBiscuit (who did the Coda run at AGDQ 2016,) and mudjoe2, who are some of the top players of the game

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Commentators giving information like the number of hearts is cheating. :v:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Your Computer posted:

this is part of a proud tradition of totally clowning games while blind

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Aishlinn posted:

you must be new here :allears:

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.

Your Computer posted:

Why not? He's done it before

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

He can do the death skip blindfolded and I've never been able to do it even with my eyes wide open.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
This is amazing. I love any and all blindfold runs.

Isn't there a blind OoT run later?

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Azazell0 posted:

He can do the death skip blindfolded and I've never been able to do it even with my eyes wide open.

That was insane.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
The commentators are very nice and while I guess it's kinda cheating (since they go over everything he does) I'm sure it's nice to know that you're actually doing what you think you're doing.

I still fondly remember the Pokémon Blue any% blindfolded race :allears:

e: and OoT which was great

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
Romscout is a Castlevania Elemental and knows literally every aspect of Symphony of the Night totally and completely. This isn't even the hardest thing he's done with the game, I bet.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.
blindfold punch-out from last year (?) is still one of my favourite things ever to come out of these events

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
This is great, even the most basic rooms become really tense.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
When's blindfolded Tetris

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I love the parts where he's just doing something where it's like "uh did he get lost?? why is he just randomly swinging" and then some small monsters just waddles on screen and gets killed and he's like "k that's done time to move on"

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

How long is the SoTN any% run normally?

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Azazell0 posted:

Maybe twenty minutes. It's possible to finish the game in less than ten but I don't think anyone has figured out how to trigger the skip to credits glitch without tool assistance.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Your Computer posted:

When's blindfolded Tetris

You'd have to know what pieces you're gonna get but TGM 3 has something close to this at one part in that all the pieces become invisible once you place them.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I just noticed the time estimate 👀👌👌

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.

Azazell0 posted:

Rom's pb is 16:59, so short.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Your Computer posted:

Beware the man who speaks in hands... :stare:

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

Your Computer posted:

haha. You know, it'll take :shrug: amount of time. who cares, we'll watch it until it's done.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I feel like I should be playing SotN and racing him sighted.

And losing. :negative:

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Omg that doppleganger fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

Macaluso posted:

Last year they did a couple unseeded runs of Coda and beat it on stream, definitely watch it if you haven't.

• Locked thread