Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NO FUCK YOU DAD
Oct 23, 2008

Feinne posted:

A contributing factor to John Kerry not becoming president of the US was asking for swiss cheese on a cheesesteak in Philly. Food is serious business.
Cheesesteaks are manna from heaven and he deserved his punishment. Anyone who messes with American regional sandwiches doesn't deserve to be President.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

HJB posted:

It's good to stop, take a moment, and remind yourself that a political Butterfly Effect occurred because a man did not eat a thing properly.

And it's ALSO good to stop and remind yourself that if you take enough shots with a high speed camera of anyone doing anything there'll be one where they look a bit silly.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

MrL_JaKiri posted:

And it's ALSO good to stop and remind yourself that if you take enough shots with a high speed camera of anyone doing anything there'll be one where they look a bit silly.

It's also good to remind yourself that somewhere there is such a photo of David Cameron loving a dead pig (allegedly).

It's also good to remind yourself that there are such embarassing photos of bloody everyone, but very few of them make front page news every week leading up to a general election...

Vengeance of Pandas
Sep 8, 2008

THE TERRIBLE POST WENT THATAWAY!
The best bit of that page is the wee Nicola Sturgeon on his shoulder telling him to gie it laldie.

Homeroom Fingering
Apr 25, 2009

The secret history (((they))) don't want you to know

I know you're all busy with your collapse and all, but if your country ever descend into complete anarchy for a day can you please take an hour out to burn all your newspaper buildings to the ground and pour salt on the rubble to make sure nothing ever grows there again? Those of us across the ocean will send you a bag of chips or crisps or potatolees or didgeridoos or whatever the hell you call them over there.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

MrL_JaKiri posted:

Me reading this post: :rubshands:

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

NO gently caress YOU DAD posted:

Cheesesteaks are manna from heaven and he deserved his punishment. Anyone who messes with American regional sandwiches doesn't deserve to be President.

I've had a couple and found them, like many supposedly unmissable American delicacies, distinctly underwhelming.

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Pissflaps posted:

I've had a couple and found them, like many supposedly unmissable American delicacies, distinctly underwhelming.

So just like English cooking then? *makes gunshot noises*

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

I made a cheese steak with gouda and it was amazing

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Pissflaps posted:

they're certainly no parmo

NO FUCK YOU DAD
Oct 23, 2008

Pissflaps posted:

It's very easy to spoil something with so few ingredients. There's nothing to hide behind if you get anything wrong, like putting Swiss cheese on it instead of provolone. They're wonderful when you get it right, though.

What's your favourite sandwich, Pissflaps?

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

JFairfax posted:

I made a cheese steak with gouda and it was amazing

Would you say it was... pretty reasonable?

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

EULER'VE TO SEE IT VENN SOMEONE CALLS IT THE WRONG THING AND PROVOKES MY WRATH
I've requested Betfair open an exchange market on Labour MP deselections. They're looking into it.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

What's your favourite sandwich, Pissflaps?

Cucumber
Onion
Radish
Beetroot
Italian hard cheese
Nutella
Mustard
Umami Paste
Salad Cream
Tomato
Gouda
Olives

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
I like the idea of key lime pie. Has anyone tried it?

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Breath Ray posted:

yes

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

MrL_JaKiri posted:

Would you say it was... pretty reasonable?

it was very tasty, I made them with some decent quality steak as well and it was certainly a delicious sandwich, especially as we used ciabatta with olives or peppers or something.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Reminder that the Tories don't use FPTP for their own elections, that's just for the plebs

Aurubin posted:

You can just say *fires gun*

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Pissflaps posted:

proper texan bbq is real loving good

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

tetsul posted:

I know you're all busy with your collapse and all, but if your country ever descend into complete anarchy for a day can you please take an hour out to burn all your newspaper buildings to the ground and pour salt on the rubble to make sure nothing ever grows there again? Those of us across the ocean will send you a bag of chips or crisps or potatolees or didgeridoos or whatever the hell you call them over there.

I've been eyeing up the neighbours stuff in case this happens.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

baka kaba posted:

Reminder that the Tories don't use FPTP for their own elections, that's just for the plebs

You can just say *fires gun*

:fingerguns:

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.

Breath Ray posted:

Key lime pie is in fact pretty good (obviously it's possible to get a bad one like it's possible to get a bad anything).

It's really amazing that the leave campaign had even fewer details on their plan for winning than the republicans' attempts to repeal the affordable care act.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
I had a deconstructed key lime pie at some fancy restaurant or other and it was very good. I've never tried the normal type though.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Aurubin posted:

We know our food is poo poo which is why we imported all these people from the colonies. Americans did kinda the same thing but pretend they invented it and also its never as good as they make out.

Proud Britishman: I am so happy all these poor indian people bought their food with them because we're dumb and boil everything lol. Good old INDIAN food.

Proud Americaman: WE INVENTED BBQ AND CHICKEN HERE IN AMERICA AND FRIES WE INVENTED THEM AS WELL AND BURGERS???? DUNNO LOL!!!!!! WOW HAVBE YOU EVER TRIED A RIB??????????

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

big scary monsters posted:

I had a deconstructed key lime pie at some fancy restaurant or other and it was very good. I've never tried the normal type though.

anything describing itself as deconstructed can get in the bin.

Jaminjami
Jan 26, 2015
100k new Labour members

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/ent...fe97f?d1nyiudi&

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

serious gaylord posted:

anything describing itself as deconstructed can get in the bin.

It ended up in the toilet eventually.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Wait and see how that plummets if Corbyn isn't on the ballot.

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Regarde Aduck posted:

We know our food is poo poo which is why we imported all these people from the colonies. Americans did kinda the same thing but pretend they invented it and also its never as good as they make out.

Proud Britishman: I am so happy all these poor indian people bought their food with them because we're dumb and boil everything lol. Good old INDIAN food.

Proud Americaman: WE INVENTED BBQ AND CHICKEN HERE IN AMERICA AND FRIES WE INVENTED THEM AS WELL AND BURGERS???? DUNNO LOL!!!!!! WOW HAVBE YOU EVER TRIED A RIB??????????

I disagree on the basis that a vinegar based sauce or a good rub is delicious. And now I'm sad because I decided to be a vegetarian. Also I don't like curry.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Regarde Aduck posted:

Yeah, embracing immigrants is really Britain's thing right now.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Maybe it's all political speed chess boxing to make members sign up.

I doubt it :(

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Steve2911 posted:

Wait and see how that plummets if Corbyn isn't on the ballot.

get mcdonnell on it he's far better

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

tetsul posted:

Assuming you're American, Murdoch's actually one of yours and frankly it's about time you loving sorted it out.

winegums
Dec 21, 2012

Pissflaps posted:

Cucumber
Onion
Radish
Beetroot
Italian hard cheese
Nutella
Mustard
Umami Paste
Salad Cream
Tomato
Gouda
Olives

I think there's a hidden message here, but no matter which decryption method I try I can't seem to find "Liz Kendall for Labour Leader"

radmonger
Jun 6, 2011

thespaceinvader posted:

Maybe it's all political speed chess boxing to make members sign up.

Maybe it's all a really really clever plan to trick the Tories into calling a snap election.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

I'd accept Andy Burnham imo, but at the same time I don't want Corbyn's team to be booted just because of salty career politicians

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

one of the funnier things about pissflaps repeatedly misspelling corbyn is how many other posters have started doing it

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

radmonger posted:

Maybe it's all a really really clever plan to trick the Tories into calling a snap election.
PLP, clever plan.

Choose one.

Prince John
Jun 20, 2006

Oh, poppycock! Female bandits?

I'm going to post this version as well as it's twice as long, so we can enjoy the full length goodness from Ken Clarke in all its glory.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...y-a7120776.html

Whoever did that awesome roundup of the leadership contenders earlier in this thread called it so well:

Ken Clarke posted:

I think with Michael as Prime Minister we’d go to war with at least three countries at once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

qhat posted:

I'd accept Andy Burnham imo, but at the same time I don't want Corbyn's team to be booted just because of salty career politicians

Isn't Burnham the ultimate career politician though?

• Locked thread