Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

BrianWilly posted:

Oh I thought maybe Vin killed that classmate but I was wrong.

No, he just choked him out. Only nearly killing him, so no big deal of course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

ImpAtom posted:

I thought you meant of the Champions and was like "holy poo poo what did i miss with Ms. Marvel?"

Ms. Marvel using her powers to their full effect would be gnarly as hell. Add making her a mutant and I'm game.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I'd be cool with these as the new A and B teams, but the kids might disprove that.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Jul 5, 2016

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

JoshTheStampede posted:

Assuming the announced lineup of USA is complete, there's still plenty of characters left in New for a book and Ewing has room on his plate with Contest dead.

ANAD less so, with the three kids gone and especially if Tony bites it in CW2 like people are guessing he might.

ANADA could add Scott Lang and Lady Hawkguy (and maybe She-Hulk?), and stick with the Big-Name Avengers Legacies theme.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Teenage Fansub posted:

I'd be cool with these as the new A and B teams, but the kids might disprove that.

If Slapstick became an A-List Avenger he better get a movie.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I'd heard a long time ago that Marvel lost the rights to Champions as a title. If Marvel got the rights back to name a book Champions I'd guess they'll be keeping the book around a while just to keep the name.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

holy poo poo. i may break my no marvel books rule with buying weeklies for this. i love this team and characters.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Squizzle posted:

Making the two wild, unjustified assumptions that there's no roster overlap between the Champions and main Avengers team, and that the current ANAD Avengers otherwise stick around there—that leaves a super traditional Avengers squad: Cap, Thor, Iron Man, Wasp, and Vision. But 60% of them are recent legacies taking up those super-identities, so still very New/Different.

I don't think it's too unjustified when the variant Champions cover is Miles, Sam and Kamala burning their Avengers ID cards

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS
They can't be telegraphing killing off Tony Stark, can they? I can't imagine the MU without him. Course, I never thought that Thor, Wolverine, and Steve Rogers would be replaceable (I haven't read far back enough for any of the Cap being dead stuff, and probably will never bother) but here we are. Maybe they're replacing him with a black girl in an attempt to make small minded people worldwide collapse into black holes of internet-fury.
e: Course, I just noticed neither Sam Wilson nor Jane Foster are on that promo, either, and I'll eat my hat if they kill them off. So who knows.
Gonna buy the poo poo out of that Champions book, yes I am.

Also WH you can't be the world's only Surge fan; I'm the world's only Surge fan.

Diet Poison fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Jul 5, 2016

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I think this book and USAvengers pretty much guarantees that ANAD and New Avengers are ending. Since both writers are moving on as well.

Grey Area
Sep 9, 2000
Battle Without Honor or Humanity

Teenage Fansub posted:

I guess the guy in the suit holding an Iron Man helmet is Tony? Maybe he'll quit superheroing for a while after CWII?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Grey Area posted:

I guess the guy in the suit holding an Iron Man helmet is Tony? Maybe he'll quit superheroing for a while after CWII?

That's Victor Von Doom.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:

Grey Area posted:

Looks like Doom from the Bendis Iron Man series

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

X-O posted:

I think this book and USAvengers pretty much guarantees that ANAD and New Avengers are ending. Since both writers are moving on as well.

Again, though - Ewing was writing 3 marvel books and one just ended/was canceled so he could still be writing New, USA, and Ultimates. Medina would probably need to be replaced though.

If New is ending, they better find a place for Wiccan, Hulkling, and Hawkeye.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Also, would that make Uncanny the 'lead' Avengers title? Because I just can't picture that.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Diet Poison posted:

Also WH you can't be the world's only Surge fan; I'm the world's only Surge fan.

Git your stinkin' paws offa my waifu or it'll be pistols at dawn. :clint:

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

JoshTheStampede posted:

If New is ending, they better find a place for Wiccan, Hulkling, and Hawkeye.

Oh, I think they'll find a place for Hawkeye alright if the rumors are true.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

I seriously doubt New is ending since Ewing's doing the whole Maker stuff there, unless he folds it into U.S.

Also, yeah, Ewing made Wiccan and Hulkling officially engaged so unless he does the inevitable wedding real soon (Especially because their engagement/wedding preparations have been a consistent throughline of NA) I, again, just aren't seeing Ewing moving off the book anytime soon. Especially since New is probably the most "high profile" of the books that he's writing right now.

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The seagull is essential.

WickedHate posted:

I wish they could commit properly to a new generation for once. It's me, I'm the world's only Surge fan.

Diet Poison posted:

Pfft, I've watched Marvel Disk Wars: The Avengers which includes her multi-episode arc where she is nothing like she is in the comics. Get on my level. :black101:

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

X-O posted:

Oh, I think they'll find a place for Hawkeye alright if the rumors are true.

What are the rumors?

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

WickedHate posted:

If Slapstick became an A-List Avenger he better get a movie.

If they revert him back to his old personality he would be a great choice for a second hero/team to give to Disney to do whatever like they did with Big Hero 6.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Little Mac posted:

What are the rumors?

That he's going to off Bruce Banner in Civil War II #3 because of the vision where Bruce kills everyone, again.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I want them to go up against a next generation of the original Champions. Young Iceman and Angel, Robbie Reyes Ghost Rider, Red Widow, and, uh... Amadeus Cho?

X-O posted:

That he's going to off Bruce Banner in Civil War II #3 because of the vision where Bruce kills everyone, again.

That's silly.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

X-O posted:

I'd heard a long time ago that Marvel lost the rights to Champions as a title. If Marvel got the rights back to name a book Champions I'd guess they'll be keeping the book around a while just to keep the name.

It was because of the Champions RPG. It appears that they are nearly out of business and settled with Marvel recently.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro
In the beginning of this weeks Xplain the Xmen, Miles mentions how he wishes Surge, Rockslide, Mercury, and the chars from that era of New X-men were around more now and I said "YES" out loud on the train.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rhyno posted:

It was because of the Champions RPG. It appears that they are nearly out of business and settled with Marvel recently.

Isn't there another comic called The Champions by some no-name company? Or is that related to that game?

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The seagull is essential.

JoshTheStampede posted:

In the beginning of this weeks Xplain the Xmen, Miles mentions how he wishes Surge, Rockslide, Mercury, and the chars from that era of New X-men were around more now and I said "YES" out loud on the train.

I'm rewatching Wolverine and the X-Men and the snippets of the Academy X kids are just so tantalising. Dust and Mercury actually do get some small moments since Kyle & Yost were writers on the show (Kyle as the main writer).

Surge showed up recently in Extraordinary X-Men I believe, as a background character? Also, Hellion had M-Pox issues outside New Attilan and Pixie was in a splash page of Civil War II when they're fighting the Celestial. But really, it's just Anole representing them Post-SW if I'm not missing anyone?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Champions is gonna be good.

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.
Hey you guys, what are the must-read titles coming out of the most recent marvel universe reboot?

So far I've got Old Man Logan and Wolverine on my list, anything else?

e: I was thinking of checking out Spider-Man since I liked Miles Morales, and maybe Amazing Spider-Man, how are those two?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

-Blackadder- posted:

Hey you guys, what are the must-read titles coming out of the most recent marvel universe reboot?

Relaunch, not reboot. There is a difference. Rebirth for DC is also a relaunch, not a reboot. As to your question: Ultimates, Mockingbird, Vision, All New All Different Avengers, Captain Marvel, Amazing Spider-Man, Silk, Black Widow, Deadpool, Uncanny/All New Inhumans, All New X-Men and Totally Awesome Hulk are my favorites right now.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Toxxupation posted:

I'll rank them from most to least important to read. (All these I'd consider must-read, though).

Vision
Ultimates
New Avengers
Silk
Spider-Woman
Spider-Women (the crossover series, since it involves the above two books - which you absolutely should be reading and there are issues of the above two books that won't make much sense without the crossover issues/issues of Spider-Gwen, a book you probably shouldn't read)
All-New Wolverine
Ms. Marvel
Unbeatable Squirrel Girl
A-Force (read the SW tie-in first)
Uncanny Inhumans (I'm a big Inhumans fan so I'm biased but 10 is legit the best single issue of a comic that I've read this year that didn't exist in Vision)
Black Panther
Howard the Duck
The Mighty Thor

These books I'd recommend as "must read" but they have far too few issues to say one way or the other.

Spider-Man
Gwenpool

Having read it sometime last week, I'd add in Mockingbird somewhere around Silk, probably just below it.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

-Blackadder- posted:

e: I was thinking of checking out Spider-Man since I liked Miles Morales, and maybe Amazing Spider-Man, how are those two?

You may not think you need to read a Vision comic, but you do.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Vision, Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, New Avengers, Ultimates, Spider-Man, Totally Awesome Hulk, All-New X-Men, All-New All-Different Avengers. In that order.

Amazing Spider-Man is... it's Slott writing Spider-Man. It's quite good by Slott writing Spider-Man standards, but not excellent or must-read or anything.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Hellcat if you dig Squirrel Girl.

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...

I recognize Mr Fantastic, Squirrel Girl, and Speedball. Who are the other two?

E:

Oh also, echoing the earlier love for Champions. Holy poo poo that's the next best thing to the Young Avengers getting back together.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

DrProsek posted:

E:

Oh also, echoing the earlier love for Champions. Holy poo poo that's the next best thing to the Young Avengers getting back together.

Point of order!!! That's Flatman, not Mr. Fantastic; and Mr. Immortal, not Speedball. Sorry if I missed :thejoke:

The other two are Big Bertha (a model with super-bulimia) and Doorman (who used to have door powers, then became a psychopomp).

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

DrProsek posted:

Apparently you don't because none of those characters are actually on that cover! Unless you count the cardboard cutout of Squirrel Girl, who is not on the team.

That's Flatman, Mr Immortal, Big Bertha, and Doorman.

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...

Squizzle posted:

Point of order!!! That's Flatman, not Mr. Fantastic; and Mr. Immortal, not Speedball. Sorry if I missed :thejoke:

:downs: Nope, I'm just real bad at recognizing characters or clicking on an article to check if I'm wrong on my guesses.

Never heard of any of them so looking forward to reading this/reading earlier GLA books.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

i wonder if doorman is still literally death

boy i hope so

unless i missed a GLA book and that got changed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heathen
Sep 11, 2001

I'm more excited for Champions than I am US Avengers. For one, they're finally picking a name that isn't Adjective Avengers. I could do without Cyclops though. If they wanted a mutant there are tons of newer X-Men not getting enough love.

• Locked thread