Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Dias posted:

kill the papyrus or save the papyrus

:getin:

kill the papyrus or DATe the papyrus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
That went

fast

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
This guy sounds like Quentin Tarantino

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
They speedrun final fantasies, they can speedrun undertale.

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

Brother Entropy posted:

god i hope not, a no mercy speedrun sounds intolerable

Which is why people should donate not to see it!

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Internet Kraken posted:

Nah I think I'll skip on this game.

it's already over friend

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

this game is weird cause it was made for a fake "console". almost like a game jam kind of game

for people who dont know any of the games tonight:

prompt - platformer with a style that resembles a command line/terminal
escape goat 2 - puzzle game series where you control a goat and mouse you should know this one because it owns
super meat boy - i beat the IWBTG level for the steam winter sale coal and never touched this game again
defunct - 3d racing...exploration.. game
momodora - cave story style art, some of the momodora series is like metroidvania, some arent. consider this the honorary touhou of the marathon
cloudbuilt - parkour platformer built around speedrunning
boson x - third person runner game, has a style that reminds me of the old racer STUN Runner

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
esacpe goat is loving good as hell, and you should play it

it's in the humble bundle so there's like no excuse

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Dias posted:

kill the papyrus or DATe the papyrus
Anime is Real or Anime is Not Real.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Undertale is one of those runs that's on the verge of being okay because there are some cool glitches, but the core of the run is text mashing or grinding. Any% is Genocide route with Muffet spared with a pastry. True Pacifist has some neat skips but it's so much text. I feel like it's a run that should be in a marathon once then never again (unless something great happens)

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

Quest For Glory II posted:

momodora - cave story style art, some of the momodora series is like metroidvania, some arent. consider this the honorary touhou of the marathon

yes but halfcoordinated will be running it with his one good hand and he owns so watch it anyway

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Halfcoordinated is running Momodora so I'm all in for that :frogc00l:

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009
Momodora is a good game and you should play it.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
i played a little cloudbuilt but i thought it was kinda boring - I can see speedrunning it though

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Studio posted:

Any% is Genocide route with Muffet spared with a pastry.

huh, this seems surprising to me

is there some way to force random encounters to spawn or something?

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

man im so hyped for momodora but it's the only game that sounds worth a poo poo tonight, maybe i'll just watch the vod after

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Studio posted:

Undertale is one of those runs that's on the verge of being okay because there are some cool glitches, but the core of the run is text mashing or grinding. Any% is Genocide route with Muffet spared with a pastry. True Pacifist has some neat skips but it's so much text. I feel like it's a run that should be in a marathon once then never again (unless something great happens)

Yeah I feel like a 'speedrun' of Undertale would run to several hours at the very least and by the end of it chat would be a sea of ResidentSleeper and haHAA

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Beasteh posted:

Yeah I feel like a 'speedrun' of Undertale would run to several hours at the very least and by the end of it chat would be a sea of ResidentSleeper and haHAA

I think it's like an hour-long speedrun.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
they should run undertale at agdq so that there's never another discussion about if undertale should be at a gdq again

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
15 min run and already a few chokes on tutorial levels.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Beasteh posted:

By RPG standards Undertale is actually pretty drat quick. It's just more like Four Swords where it'll be entertaining for a little bit and then go on way the gently caress too long.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

i dunno if speedrun.com is reputable but neutral has apparently been done in 56 minutes

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

Minrad posted:

they should run undertale at agdq so that there's never another discussion about if undertale should be at a gdq again

the event is about raising money and this stands to make a shitton of money so i feel like they could sacrifice an hour to it at least once a year and everyone can just take an extended piss break or something

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Minrad posted:

i mean there's no discussion here we all agree it should we just don't know if it would be interesting to watch

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
This seems like he's not doing very well.

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009
The big problem with Any% Undertale is that it is mostly grinding random encounters and I don't know how you would make that entertaining to watch.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Quest For Glory II posted:

this game is weird cause it was made for a fake "console". almost like a game jam kind of game

It is a gamejam game, 4 days

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs
this guy doesnt seem very good

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Dias posted:

i mean there's no discussion here we all agree it should we just don't know if it would be interesting to watch

It needs a really good runner to be interesting. It needs a showman to keep it interesting during the inevitable text spams.

I'm not sure if there is someone like that running it though.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

elentar posted:

the event is about raising money and this stands to make a shitton of money so i feel like they could sacrifice an hour to it at least once a year and everyone can just take an extended piss break or something

The amount of money raised by this in the grand scheme of things is paltry so this is a dumb reason to run any specific game when it will make for a lovely run.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
this prompt game reminds me of flash games of old

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

elentar posted:

So long as they schedule Fire Emblem runs, nobody can complain about an Undertale run.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

elentar posted:

So long as they schedule Fire Emblem runs, nobody can complain about an Undertale run.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

voltcatfish posted:

i dunno if speedrun.com is reputable but neutral has apparently been done in 56 minutes

Yup. Finding encounters is sped up by pressing up down on a wall.

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007
:gonk: this run

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

SeXReX posted:

It is a gamejam game, 4 days

good run dude, it would be cool if they finished the full game

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Internet Kraken posted:

The amount of money raised by this in the grand scheme of things is paltry so this is a dumb reason to run any specific game when it will make for a lovely run.

we still get a ff run every event

Rorus Raz posted:

also this

this guy is either not very good or this game is very finnicky

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

The only thing that'll make this run interesting is if this dude flips out.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I don't have sound on right now, someone tell me he's donating like 5$ per death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

These guys are very quiet

• Locked thread