Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

Not only that, but he's also passing some really noxious legislation that is giving money to primarily white districts and cutting the budgets of the others. So not only is he being Rick Snyder of the East Coast, but he's doing this in between kissing Trump's rear end and asking if he wants to supersize the #1 meal.

Chris Christie is an example of doing everything wrong to absolutely no benefit at all.

I'll show everyone up by using my last year of likely political relevancy by being a sniveling toady bitch boy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

pictured: cruz giving a speech at RNC

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Xandu posted:

the gently caress is a zio tribalist?

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

TyrantWD posted:

I've been expecting Trump to go on a "retraction" tour before the GOP convention, but it doesn't seem like we are going to get one. I thought it would be wise to get a softening of Trump's stances out of the way before the convention, so the convention doesn't make Trump look weak by highlighting all the places he caved to Paul Ryan and the establishment.

A big part of his appeal is built on the idea of not being somebody who will go on apology tours.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Sounds like he's right to be concerned about this Zio guy and his tribe

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
trumps knees do not bend

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

why is Trump running around saying that "the system is rigged"... doesn't he realize Comey is a republican? seems like a missed opportunity to actually attack Clinton, instead he's now attacking the FBI and "the man", which is loving retarded... just my two cents.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

It's amazing how fast this is disintegrating into 20th century fascism.

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER

TyrantWD posted:

I've been expecting Trump to go on a "retraction" tour before the GOP convention, but it doesn't seem like we are going to get one. I thought it would be wise to get a softening of Trump's stances out of the way before the convention, so the convention doesn't make Trump look weak by highlighting all the places he caved to Paul Ryan and the establishment.

some sort of... pivot?

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

A big part of his appeal is built on the idea of not being somebody who will go on apology tours.

Trump is going to be caving in to some establishment demands and platform positions, so it seemed like a good idea to get that out now, rather than let all the points where you caved be one of the focuses of the convention.

Dubstep Jesus
Jun 27, 2012

by exmarx

Rocks posted:

why is Trump running around saying that "the system is rigged"... doesn't he realize Comey is a republican? seems like a missed opportunity to actually attack Clinton, instead he's now attacking the FBI and "the man", which is loving retarded... just my two cents.

Comey stood up to Bush that one time so he's obviously a RINO

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Rocks posted:

It because trump has been digging this hole for a while now and he cant dig his way out so he keeps digging.

TyrantWD posted:

Yeah its not happening. he won't and/or cant pivot now. he is pretty much locked in and he is dragging a ton of shitheads with him. he is also slowly being dragged even more to the right by the alt right and the need for evengelicals.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Comeys statement is very professional and lawyer like but of course all of the hard work and merits will be ignored for paranoid sheriff conspiracies

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

hey look its the guy who sicced his goons on me for saying fascism is bad

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
trumpism is good

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.

pathetic little tramp posted:

Trump is running one of the most incompetent campaigns of all time and is nearly tied in national polling.

Pretty good proof that the electorate has been basically cleaved into two big groups and that the groups will support anyone who is nominated for their respective parties. The GOP could run David Duke in 2020 and he could get 40% of the vote. Luckily, the Democrats' group is a little bigger and will continue to outgrow the Republicans' group, which is made up of older people and doesn't appeal to as many Americans, especially younger Americans.

People talk about this being a 1964 moment for the Republicans but it looks more like the 30s-40s to me. Republicans aren't going to win until they run an incredibly moderate candidate who can legitimately steal Democratic voters en masse (Ike in 52'). Also the America First/nationalist stuff was initially from the 30s.

John Kasich looked as close to that moderate as possible (still psycho on abortion but that's about it) but he was rejected this time out and his and future moderates' success hinges on the GOP base moving more to the center. The GOP base is of course getting older, whiter, and crazier every year, so who knows when they will snap out of it.

Cigar Aficionado fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Jul 6, 2016

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

TyrantWD posted:

Trump is going to be caving in to some establishment demands and platform positions, so it seemed like a good idea to get that out now, rather than let all the points where you caved be one of the focuses of the convention.

You'll call it caving, I'll call it negotiating. I'm sure as hell not going to be too concerned about individual planks of the RNC platform in November.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
The GOP base was crazy in 52 as well. Ike had to win floor votes to unseat delegates and Nixon had to promise Earl Warren a Supreme Court spot for them to win the nomination over Taft.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The parties were so different even in 52.

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

Sai posted:

maybe nyc orthodox means something entirely different than orthodox in israel/europe but i really dont believe for a second ivanka is orthodox

http://www.tabletmag.com/scroll/198879/ivanka-trump-and-double-standards-for-jewish-converts

quote:

All of which makes much of the Jewish community’s response to Ivanka Trump’s Orthodox conversion—or better yet, the apparent lack thereof— so astounding. Somehow Ivanka has managed to obtain what no other Orthodox convert I know has: acceptance from the Jewish community while at the same time flouting convention that the rest of us could hardly get away with. Apparently having wealth, fame and power buys you a lifetime supply of indulgences. I don’t think the Jewish community has begun to grasp how this makes us look.

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.

Joementum posted:

The GOP base was crazy in 52 as well. Ike had to win floor votes to unseat delegates and Nixon had to promise Earl Warren a Supreme Court spot for them to win the nomination over Taft.

They've always been the anti-government party with the crackpots and Birchers. Pretty crazy that they were able to dominate nationally for a 40 year period (68-08).

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
ha ha ha they coached him to enunciate big league

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Good Citizen posted:

ha ha ha they coached him to enunciate big league

Bigly

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
Mike Cernovich understands GOP base's mindset like no one else but apparently not their body type.

thethreeman
May 10, 2008
Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/pushingrope/status/750472448441712640
https://twitter.com/TheRickWilson/status/750472600862748672
haha :eyepop: rick wilson!

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Just another example of corruption in local sheriff departments. :sigh:

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Jesus, this Trump rally is just wahwah not fair, its rigged, radical islamic terrorism. Repeat.

Like, that's all he's saying.

He might be a robot.

Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

Philthy posted:

Jesus, this Trump rally is just wahwah not fair, its rigged, radical islamic terrorism. Repeat.

Like, that's all he's saying.

He might be a robot.

he sounds even more like an AM radio caller than usual

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

loving lmao

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
LOL Trump complaining about Obama playing golf. Didn't this dude just suspend his campaign to open a loving golf course?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

It's really not fair to put stock into head to heads with candidates who never had an attack cycle against them or much national attention .

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
https://twitter.com/JDiamond1/status/750475199141801985

tabris
Feb 17, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

MaxxBot posted:

Mike Cernovich understands GOP base's mindset like no one else but apparently not their body type.

https://twitter.com/Cernovich/status/541453497598623745

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/sopandeb/status/750466330470522880

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

euphronius posted:

It's amazing how fast this is disintegrating into 20th century fascism.

populism depends on people forgetting about the past but we've really been doing the same bullshit for hundreds of years

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

I'll be damned that is a solid fuckin joke

Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

btw in case anyone doubted what i said the trump 4d chess interpretation of the weekend would be

https://twitter.com/ezradulis/status/750304359418765313

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Tautologicus posted:

Heres a hint, if youre handwaving a poll away as statistical noise, that assumes that you think its methodologies were flawed. Polls arent done to end up as "statistical noise"

here's a hint: you have tiny tiny hands

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
https://twitter.com/jbouie/status/750474269151428608

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Insect Court
Nov 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Captain_Maclaine posted:

"You see, by spelling it slightly differently than 'zionist,' no one will ever penetrate the truth behind our loathsome pro-Nazi sentiments!" David Duke, probably.

lollin' at trumpites recapitulate the "I said zionist not jew so it's not antisemitic" line

• Locked thread