Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012
dope soundtrack tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Crain posted:

The only thing that'll make this run interesting is if this dude flips out.

i know this LOOKS like flywrench but don't expect any flips

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Dias posted:

we still get a ff run every event

People complain about those every year too.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
A good way to do an Undertale rune would be to have Toby Fox and maybe Everdread and/or Temmie Chang on Skype or something to talk about it. It's probably not all that interesting of a game to watching being speedran but it'd be interesting if you have Toby Fox talking about the game and talking behind the scenes stuff during it.

Are all the platform games in this block all like this? Dustforce was great, but if all the games are similar to this I can't say I'm gonna bother to stick around. When is the next big deal game gonna be?

Keksen
Oct 9, 2012

Your Computer posted:

I don't have sound on right now, someone tell me he's donating like 5$ per death.

It's fine, nobody is saying anything anyway.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Rorus Raz posted:

So long as they schedule Fire Emblem runs, nobody can complain about an Undertale run.

This post reminds me of that GDQ where there was a Fire Emblem run bid war. The run in the marathon was terrible, then the runner played the other one in bonus stream and it was great.

That was funny.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Internet Kraken posted:

People complain about those every year too.

yes but they stay on the schedule because they bring more viewers and therefore more donations

Fiblah
Jul 22, 2007
Good commentary this run, especially from the couch. :thumbsup:

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

the composer of this game must have also worked on evergrace

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGJbuHUbw8k

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
The only interesting thing about this run is trying to figure out if there is something wrong with the stream audio or if this game really just has this idiotic soundtrack.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Macaluso posted:

A good way to do an Undertale rune would be to have Toby Fox and maybe Everdread and/or Temmie Chang on Skype or something to talk about it. It's probably not all that interesting of a game to watching being speedran but it'd be interesting if you have Toby Fox talking about the game and talking behind the scenes stuff during it.

Are all the platform games in this block all like this? Dustforce was great, but if all the games are similar to this I can't say I'm gonna bother to stick around. When is the next big deal game gonna be?

SMB after a 20min run. Otherwise, halfcoordinated in about 1:30min plus setups, so more like 2h.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

This last block of games hurt my eyes.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

"If I don't mess up there."

proceeds to die like six more times

SpruceZeus
Aug 13, 2011

cool let's play, kirby hat guy

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Macaluso posted:

Momodora's more of a Metroidvania, unless the extra difficulty modifier turns it into a hardcore platformer? Otherwise, nothing interesting til Contra 3.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Seriously is the OST for this game just a bunch of songs randomly played on top of each other?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Internet Kraken posted:

The only interesting thing about this run is trying to figure out if there is something wrong with the stream audio or if this game really just has this idiotic soundtrack.

yeah, now that I tuned into the stream, there's like 5 songs playing on top of each other

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Fiblah posted:

Good commentary this run, especially from the couch. :thumbsup:

Couches have been very variable. DS Dad was cool, he had notes.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

"Time will be call-"

dies

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
run boring. so what.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
The run is so bad it killed the stream

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
He killed it.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

They cancelled the stream wow

Fiblah
Jul 22, 2007
GDQ mercy kills the run

AMooseDoesStuff
Dec 20, 2012
Chris why

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Twitch put this lovely run out of its misery

Seriously it didn't even look like a speedrun, it just looked like a dude normally playing this type of video game

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Stream is kill %

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

Momodora's more of a Metroidvania, unless the extra difficulty modifier turns it into a hardcore platformer? Otherwise, nothing interesting til Contra 3.

momodora is one-handed by our very own halfcoordinated on top of that

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
Hello?

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

He killed the stream

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
room getting pretty bummed out

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
Are you at the hotel, Studio? I'm curious of the storm killed the power.

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007
Twitch saves us from 10 more minutes of this.

Is there a goon IRC group following this? Twitch chat is pretty awful.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
Random Indie Platformers Played Normally 2016

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

He was within his ETA so I don't see what the whining is all about since he clearly knew he'd die quite a bit.

It is funny though

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

Insane difficulty is basically more enemies and everything will kill you in one hit.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

King of Solomon posted:

Are you at the hotel, Studio? I'm curious of the storm killed the power.

power is on, barely even a flicker so far. pretty impressive considering

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Incoherence posted:

Random Indie Platformers Played Normally 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I wonder if the hotel lost the entire internet connection rather than power, then...

• Locked thread