Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

Dodoman posted:

*not available in Canada or UAE

Yep, sorry about that. Its blowing up on Twitter but lots of people are saying it hasn't come out in their countries yet.

edit: new page, here's the link again: Pokemon GO

edit 2: and looks like it might be Australia/NZ only at the moment. Sorry guys!

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Jul 6, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Not available in my country USA

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

omgomgomgomgomg!!!!!

wait nope, not showing up for this usa nerd

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

I'm in the USA and it's working for me. Maybe all beta testers got access to it as well.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
It's available for me, but is it really incompatible with a Galaxy S5?

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Onean posted:

It's available for me, but is it really incompatible with a Galaxy S5?

Yeah, says it is available, but not for my S6.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Just downloaded it and started it. You get one Pokemon to start then it tells you to walk around. I can't leave work so I walked around a bit and nothing happened. Guess I'll have to wait till I drive home.

I'm in a small country town in Australia so I don't know how well this game will work.

Raged fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Jul 6, 2016

Dohaeris
Mar 24, 2012

Often known as SniperGuy
I'm still seeing not available in my region from the middle of the US. I have a Nexus 6, should work fine right?

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Is there a SA thread yet?

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

sometimes it takes a while for an app to roll out across the Play store after it's released

Trainmonk
Jul 4, 2007
Is it actually fun though?

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Trainmonk posted:

Is it actually fun though?

Honestly doesn't look fun. Instead of turn based combat it's just rapidly tapping. Kind of poo poo

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Raged posted:

Just downloaded it and started it. You get one Pokemon to start then it tells you to walk around. I can't leave work so I walked around a bit and nothing happened. Guess I'll have to wait till I drive home.

I'm in a small country town in Australia so I don't know how well this game will work.

If my ingress experience was anything to go by, its going to suck.

I hope they have learned the lessons from that.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
Is there a thread for Final Fantasy Brave Exvious?

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

vulturesrow posted:

Is there a thread for Final Fantasy Brave Exvious?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3776839&pagenumber=42&perpage=40

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Walked around for 2 hours today to hatch an egg, caught 40 pokemon, and took over a couple of local gyms. At 2 AM I saw another guy doing the same thing.

It was a terrifying moment for both of us.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Fear the Walking Dead: Dead Run is a new survival/endless runner that's out because as you know there's such a dearth of Walking Dead games in the Play Store. It does look and feel a bit janky but I think it's also actually kind of neat.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 10:54 on Jul 6, 2016

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

mrkillboy posted:

Fear the Walking Dead: Dead Run is a new survival/endless runner that's out because as you know there's such a dearth of Walking Dead games in the Play Store. It does look and feel a bit janky but I think it's also actually kind of neat.

So, I'm curious... and don't think that I mind, because I don't, but why is it that you're always posting new stuff that's been released on the Play store? Do you work for Google, or just check out the store many, MANY times per day? Again, don't take this as criticism, because I love this thread and you're a major reason why :glomp: I'm just genuinely curious. :shobon:

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
I just picked up the Pokemon GO apk elsewhere because waiting for a game that's already out in English is stupid.

Edit: No I didn't I want automatic updates

Agoat fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Jul 6, 2016

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

So, I'm curious... and don't think that I mind, because I don't, but why is it that you're always posting new stuff that's been released on the Play store? Do you work for Google, or just check out the store many, MANY times per day? Again, don't take this as criticism, because I love this thread and you're a major reason why :glomp: I'm just genuinely curious. :shobon:

Oh I wish I worked for Google! I have a bit of downtime during the day so I mainly just keep an eye on different sites. For example, strangely enough I find TouchArcade to be a really good resource even though its iOS focused. If there's an interesting looking game just out for iOS on there I'll check if its on the Play Store; if its out I might post a link, if its not I'll find out as much as I can about its possible Android release and keep an eye out. Sometimes I will check the Play Store really obsessively though, but it'll usually be for a game I'm really excited for, like Teeny Titans last week.

Living in Australia also helps, since not only is it a popular region for soft launches, but new game releases that happen late night American time get released in the late afternoon where I am.

As for why I post so much, I don't know. I like mobile games, and I guess I like contributing or something.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 13:54 on Jul 6, 2016

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

mrkillboy posted:

As for why I post so much, I don't know. I like mobile games, and I guess I like contributing or something.

Oh, dude... I can definitely sympathize with posting a lot. :negative:

But yeah, like I said, keep on doing it! I now legitimately come here for any and all Android game-related stuff.

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
Yea, bro, keep it up! I would have missed poo poo loads of great games if you hadn't posted about them here!

Roid666 fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Jul 6, 2016

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Oh, dude... I can definitely sympathize with posting a lot. :negative:

But yeah, like I said, keep on doing it! I now legitimately come here for any and all Android game-related stuff.

Never not post. Post all the time. Especially about games. :justpost:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

mrkillboy posted:

Yep, sorry about that. Its blowing up on Twitter but lots of people are saying it hasn't come out in their countries yet.

edit: new page, here's the link again: Pokemon GO

edit 2: and looks like it might be Australia/NZ only at the moment. Sorry guys!

It's available in Canada now (at least, Montreal), but it says it's not compatible with my device. My LG G4. What, is it tablet only? :psyduck:

EDIT: uhh, ok, now, when I go to that link FROM my phone rather than desktop, it says it's not available in my country. So, I'm guessing that incompatibility thing is just a weird screw-up? I'll just wait, how about that.

EDIT 2: Ah, got it. When click install, it then has my phone greyed out, saying that it 'cannot be installed in your device's country'.

VVVV Haha, yeah, exactly.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Jul 6, 2016

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

It's available in Canada now (at least, Montreal), but it says it's not compatible with my device. My LG G4. What, is it tablet only? :psyduck:

Probably because it's not available in Canada yet - you can click the 'install' button, but every device listed will probably have "Not available in this device's country" listed underneath it. At least, it does for me in Ottawa.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Agoat posted:

I just picked up the Pokemon GO apk elsewhere because waiting for a game that's already out in English is stupid.

Edit: No I didn't I want automatic updates

Will the APK not jive with the Play store once everything settles down?

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

Are there any JRPGS that are cheap or free and not painfully easy? I'm looking for an old-school experience with actual old-school difficulty.

The Drifter
Apr 21, 2006

LegalPad posted:

Are there any JRPGS that are cheap or free and not painfully easy? I'm looking for an old-school experience with actual old-school difficulty.

This might not be what you're looking for, but I've so much as given up on this and just went with NES/SNES/GBA emulators.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
To clarify: Mystic Castle is basically shareware where worlds 1-5 are free and you buy the remaining levels after Silent Lakes with diamonds? (They're not outlandishly priced and you can grind your diamonds via ads if you're stingy, just making sure I didn't miss something.)

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
Battleheart is finally updated for Android! It's also FREE because

quote:

Another one on our list is Battleheart for Android.  It’s no secret that five years ago, we had given up on the platform.  There were some annoying obstacles for us back then that soured our experience with Android, but those are a thing of the past today.  Part of it is the platform, storefront and our tools improving.  Part of it is simply us learning from our mistakes (we are human!).  Our last two games, Legacy and Lost Frontier, have been pretty painless to develop and support on both platforms simultaneously, and we plan to continue that tradition.  Still, the original Battleheart remained a constant reminder of our rocky history with Android.

For quite a while, it’s been lacking some content we added to the iOS version, and it’s also no longer functional in Android 5+ due to being built in an ancient version of Unity.  I’m happy to report we’ve finally gotten around to bringing it kicking and screaming into a modern Unity release, but there’s a not-so-small issue… we don’t have the keystore file required to sign updates to the app anymore.  What this means is that I can’t update the app, I can only resubmit it as an entirely new app, and existing owners would have to buy it again to get the new version.  This is 100% my mistake, so there’s no way I’m doing that.  Neglecting the app was bad, asking anyone to buy it twice would be salt in the wound.

The only proper way I saw to solve this was to release the app as a new version, and make it free.  If you’ve been waiting forever to play Battleheart again on a modern android device, you can grab it right now.  This new release also includes the two classes (ranger and paladin) that have been long missing on android.  Sorry for the wait.

E: guess this is from like two weeks ago but I didn't see much fanfare about it here if it was mentioned.

FadedReality fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Jul 6, 2016

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
Why are there 50 "Guide to Pokemon Go" apps available before the game is even released?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

New Leaf posted:

Will the APK not jive with the Play store once everything settles down?

probably not, but you should be able to redownload it on play store and just log in with your google account

your stuff isn't stored locally I don't think

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Dr_Amazing posted:

Why are there 50 "Guide to Pokemon Go" apps available before the game is even released?
same reason there are a bunch of Minecraft guide apps, to get money from idiots who just type things in search and don't watch what they're doing

Amish
Nov 26, 2004

Murder is on the menu.
I downloaded the Pokemon Go APK from some website and it looks like it's working in the US if you do it that way. Walking around work and to my car I caught four Pokemon, and I drove by the YMCA on my way to lunch, which is apparently a Poke-Stop. I got three Pokeballs from there, woo.

I powered up my Eevee twice. This game is already super fun and I'm looking forward to walking around the city later today to find more stuff.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
How well would Pokemon GO work on my WiFi only tablet? Pointless?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I downloaded at work using the APK and caught a Bulbasaur that was on my desk. I haven't played with it anymore, but it did connect to my Google account no problem.

Cbear
Mar 22, 2005

Amish posted:

I downloaded the Pokemon Go APK from some website and it looks like it's working in the US if you do it that way. Walking around work and to my car I caught four Pokemon, and I drove by the YMCA on my way to lunch, which is apparently a Poke-Stop. I got three Pokeballs from there, woo.

I powered up my Eevee twice. This game is already super fun and I'm looking forward to walking around the city later today to find more stuff.

Similar experience. I downloaded it last night with the APK file. I drove around and took over all my town's gyms, all the college campus gyms, and the town next door as well. Also, caught a poo poo load of pokemon.

Go team Blue!

Amish
Nov 26, 2004

Murder is on the menu.

Cbear posted:

Similar experience. I downloaded it last night with the APK file. I drove around and took over all my town's gyms, all the college campus gyms, and the town next door as well. Also, caught a poo poo load of pokemon.

Go team Blue!

When does it ask you for team affiliation, anyway? I made my dude and picked Charmander as my starter. Do you need to be level 5 to pick a side and interact with the gyms?

Team Blue supremacy (Pokemon Blue was the first Pokemon game I owned, natch)

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

delfin posted:

To clarify: Mystic Castle is basically shareware where worlds 1-5 are free and you buy the remaining levels after Silent Lakes with diamonds? (They're not outlandishly priced and you can grind your diamonds via ads if you're stingy, just making sure I didn't miss something.)

Yeah had I known that I wouldn't have been ignoring the watch ads button the last week. It's $5 to get all the expansion stuff which is reasonable for how much I've enjoyed the game so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
do you need GPS for Pokemon Go?