Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

Metroid sighting huh? Well, I did just pour this coffee...it will still be there tomorrow.
The first tutorial level was really activating my motion sickness, but now that it's mostly moving fast in a fairly straight line, it's not too bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
The game's very fast and has a sketch lines filter on it so it encodes like poo poo and if you have Twitch on Source or High it's probably too much for your internet.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Elliotw2 posted:

The game's very fast and has a sketch lines filter on it so it encodes like poo poo and if you have Twitch on Source or High it's probably too much for your internet.

Yeah, I'm assuming that's the issue, as soon as the guy chilled my stream stopped lagging and now it's back to lagging again.

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down

Dias posted:

Yeah, I'm assuming that's the issue, as soon as the guy chilled my stream stopped lagging and now it's back to lagging again.

Also, if you're watching on the twitch page, after a while the onslaught of chat tends to start causing problems with the stream, even if you have the chat hidden. Doesn't seem to happen when watching through a popped out viewer.

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall
watched through the vod of momodora. definitely recommend it :unsmith:

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
miss nora fishfarts. That's certainly a username. Especially to donate the remaining money for the one-handed incentive.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Does anyone feel like they'd maybe be raising more money if they were playing any games anyone has ever heard of?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

have they ever hit a donation goal after the game's run has ended and having the guy come back before this?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

greatn posted:

Does anyone feel like they'd maybe be raising more money if they were playing any games anyone has ever heard of?

I agree, imagine if they had, for example, a Castlevania block or some indie darlings spread throughout the day.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

No? The marathon already has those games in their respective blocks. It gives the lesser well-known games a time to shine, especially if they're from devs that are quite happy to work together with speedrunners.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
next game will be run by the young republicans chapter president

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

greatn posted:

if they exclusively followed this i wouldn't have heard of momodora

so gently caress that

Burginator
Sep 10, 2007

Two ALL BEEF patties,
Special Sauce?
Let Us Cheese.
why the gently caress is that guy flashing signs

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Dias posted:

Try livestreamer. I've had no issues since I made the switch

goldjas
Feb 22, 2009

I HATE ALL FORMS OF FUN AND ENTERTAINMENT. I HATE BEAUTY. I AM GOLDJAS.

greatn posted:

Like for example Mario Maker on Friday night Primetime or closing out the marathon with Super Metroid and SMRPG?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

elentar posted:

next game will be run by the young republicans chapter president

No wall clips in this run then, I assume.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Burginator posted:

why the gently caress is that guy flashing signs

Is the beard stroking man here?

IS HE?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
oh is it a cosplay?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

so wait is Arcaniceight or Boson X the name of the game being played

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

No one's left... Everything's gone...! Zebes is burning!

Dias posted:

oh is it a cosplay?

It looks like it might be?

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Okay, it's cute that they're aware what people are here for

Not sure why what is basically an autoscroller is being run though?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i give this couch guy 1 out of 10

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter

greatn posted:

They should play more games that I care about, as someone who grew up with a 68k Macintosh and a Sega Genesis.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Why is this being run

Trash Boat
Dec 28, 2012

VROOM VROOM

oh look it's logic dive

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Elliotw2 posted:

They should play more games that I care about, as someone who grew up with a 68k Macintosh and a Sega Genesis.

Commodore 64 or GET OUT.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Wait I stepped away for a second and came back and a guy is reading his own hand written review of Braid. :wtf:

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
music is kinda dope tho

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Quest For Glory II posted:

i give this couch guy 1 out of 10

I dunno I liked the Braid review. I dunno how much of it was genuine but it sounded super sarcastic

McNutty
Feb 25, 2007

Forum cheer squad sez: "Cheer the fuck up your avatar is depressing you left-wing commie ass-smoker. For fuck's sake. Jessus."
I have no interest in this. Taken to its logical extreme it is basically just a really simple version of the Stepmania run from last year. Which was also basically garbage.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Dias posted:

I agree, imagine if they had, for example, a Castlevania block or some indie darlings spread throughout the day.

A Castlevania block while most people are at work, and an indie game block featuring a bunch of games nobody has ever heard of, and Super Meat Boy.

It's hard to impress the idea of breaking a game when the audience has no metric for what the norm of the game is. I just think people aren't interested in games designed for speedrunners, they're interested in seeing games they already know be broken.

Like what even is this Boson X thing. It looks like an infinite runner. Play siphon filter or something, I don't know.

Momodora was cool and good though. The other ones have been boring and indecipherable.

greatn fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Jul 6, 2016

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Trash Boat posted:

oh look it's logic dive

I see no snowboard :colbert:

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

voltcatfish posted:

have they ever hit a donation goal after the game's run has ended and having the guy come back before this?

yeah there was like a pokemon green run a year or so ago where they forgot to advertise the donation incentive at all and they had him come back like 2-3 runs later when it got met lmao

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
It's less than 10min long and kinda trippy, I'll take it.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

There was also a Mario Kart run where a guy donated like a grand so they brought him back

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

greatn posted:

A Castlevania block while most people are at work, and an indie game block featuring a bunch of games nobody has ever heard of, and Super Meat Boy.

It's hard to impress the idea of breaking a game when the audience has no metric for what the norm of the game is. I just think people aren't interested in games designed for speedrunners, they're interested in seeing games they already know be broken.

Like what even is this Boson X thing. It looks like an infinite runner. Play siphon filter or something, I don't know.

They're running fast and I think that counts in a speedrun.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

This is basically a 2 1/2D Cannabault.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

greatn posted:

you never heard of freedom planet and guacamelee that's on you, dear.

But really, there are different timezones at work, and look at the schedule: most days have massive Mario/Zelda/Megaman blocks, last day ends with Final Fantasy and SMRPG.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

"Who holds the record?"
"Oh, me"
"Oh..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McNutty
Feb 25, 2007

Forum cheer squad sez: "Cheer the fuck up your avatar is depressing you left-wing commie ass-smoker. For fuck's sake. Jessus."
The schedule sometimes seems stupid and arbitrary to me but it gave us the Momodora run in primetime and I am down with that poo poo for reals.

• Locked thread