Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
I really missed out on some choice rent-only platformers without a PS2 in my childhood. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
God drat, that guy playing Ty was awful.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!

jerkstoresup posted:

It might be good for him.

probably. but i still feel bad

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

Moatman posted:

I still have the shirt that came with my copy. Don't think I have the game anymore, though.

I have unnecessarily nostalgic memories of that game

It was genuinely good, hard as gently caress too. Lots of exploring, hard puzzles, tough enemies, and neat side-quests

Also running really fast was fun as hell

drat I want to play it now

catch me at AGDQ 2018 where I'll be speedrunning Sphinx yall

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
My favorite little tidbit about this game is it's apparently impossible to 100% complete without employing glitches since a small handful of collectables accidently spawn out of bounds.

One of the devs reportedly tried to fix this but his supervisor said "Don't worry about it, getting 95% of everything is already enough to unlock the Good Ending anyway."

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Silent Hill is too cool to be shown at 4 am

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

voltcatfish posted:

Silent Hill is too cool to be shown at 4 am

:agreed:

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

No one's left... Everything's gone...! Zebes is burning!

This guy's voice is much nicer to listen to

Mr. Sunabouzu
Nov 13, 2009

The face of true terror.
well it can't get worse. I'm actually kind of interested how you run this since sh4 is pretty linear?

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
The Ty guy was awkward as hell but at least he kept everyone informed and commentated well. :shrug:

Nothing will ever beat the "I'm gonna kill everyone in this room" from sheer awkwardness.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Wow, a runner not actually worried about getting a bad run time? This is looking up already!

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007
Does the quicksave button reset your stamina like it does in sh2 PC?

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Rorus Raz posted:

Don't forget Microsoft's failed attempt

Poultron
May 26, 2006

I can't play Silent Hill because I am a huge baby. closest thing I've done is watch TRSHE

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Bad Seafood posted:

My favorite little tidbit about this game is it's apparently impossible to 100% complete without employing glitches since a small handful of collectables accidently spawn out of bounds.

One of the devs reportedly tried to fix this but his supervisor said "Don't worry about it, getting 95% of everything is already enough to unlock the Good Ending anyway."

I would believe it.

Northan
Nov 6, 2011

Spear Spear Spear Spear
Spear Spear Spear Spear
Hello and welcome to my Silent Hill 3 ASMR speedrun live at SGDQ 2016.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

I missed the beginning but I assume he's playing on Easy Riddle setting?

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

There should've been a donation incentive to sing along to the closing theme. I unironically love it to bits

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyOsyy_nDxU

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

no gently caress it I don't like this guy either

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Poultron
May 26, 2006

Black August posted:

no gently caress it I don't like this guy either

shut up loser. he's sweet and kind and probably actually likes this game.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

He was joking about being up for 40 hours right? Why the gently caress would you do that?

Ceramics
May 26, 2014

this guys alright. which is good because hes also doing resident evil 2 next

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Poultron posted:

shut up loser. he's sweet and kind and probably actually likes this game.

If he stops saying Let's A Go and actually explains the game as he plays I'll change my opinion

Oh he wasn't kidding he has been up for 40 hours and isn't going to offer much commentary great

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

lets a go

Poultron
May 26, 2006

Black August posted:

If he stops saying Let's A Go and actually explains the game as he plays I'll change my opinion

Oh he wasn't kidding he has been up for 40 hours and isn't going to offer much commentary great

he already said this first part is boring. he's just walking past everything

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
llirht a tahW

Trash Boat
Dec 28, 2012

VROOM VROOM

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aHQnDTd1y4

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Rorus Raz posted:

He was joking about being up for 40 hours right? Why the gently caress would you do that?

I used to regularly stay up for 48-72 hours because it didn't affect me at all when I was younger

Megafunk
Oct 19, 2010

YEAH!

I think everyone has their own unique obscure early 2000s platformer that only they played.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

If annoying catchphrases is the worst thing this guy does, he's well on his way to being one of the better runs of the last 10 hours.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Black August posted:

most of the early part is movement optimization

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Megafunk posted:

I think everyone has their own unique obscure early 2000s platformer that only they played.

I feel proud and/or upset that I recognize and remember every single one of these, except this one.

You did it, you stumped me.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Ceramics posted:

this guys alright. which is good because hes also doing resident evil 2 next
His voice sounds like Bob Ross and it's going to put me to sleep (which is probably fine since it's 1am here).

JesseHechtCREATIVE
Feb 20, 2013

​ Creative New Content Weekly

Cuisine
Reviews
Entertainment
Animation
Toys
Images
Videogames
Everything!

Alteisen posted:

Nothing will ever beat the "I'm gonna kill everyone in this room" from sheer awkwardness.

When was this from?

Also, as a non-horror fan, what would be a good "starter horror game"? Thanks!

Lord Zedd
Dec 25, 2011

They turned that into a cartoon years later btw https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tak_and_the_Power_of_Juju_(TV_series)

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

voltcatfish posted:

I used to regularly stay up for 48-72 hours because it didn't affect me at all when I was younger

Same. I remember staying up for about 30 hours straight or so as a kid, playing Super Metroid and hallucinating that the sound effects were telling me the story of the crashed spaceship.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Incoherence posted:

His voice sounds like Bob Ross and it's going to put me to sleep (which is probably fine since it's 1am here).

"And we're going to plant this fetus of god right in my stomach, there we go. Oh, and it's gone wrong. But that's okay, we all make mistakes, huh?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poultron
May 26, 2006

he aint the best runner. but he's chill. this is a nice, chill, late-night run. good one to go to sleep to.

• Locked thread