Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Lord Chumley posted:

Was about to say the same thing. The runner cam doesn't need to be that big for this game.

But we need to see the top of his head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Vermain posted:

The good news is that the Sonic 2006 run should be loving really good. It was run a few years ago and it's a broken, buggy mess, as one would expect.

Sonic 06 is the only game I'm gonna watch in the Sonic block because Sonic games suuuuuuuuuuuuck.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

SW: Jedi Academy runner seems so dang nice :3:

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Lord Chumley posted:

Was about to say the same thing. The runner cam doesn't need to be that big for this game.

I don't think reducing it would help though, unless they rotated the game sideways.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
The reader doesn't know what "PINGAS" means, does he

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Did somebody say Sonic?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

beep by grandpa posted:

Did somebody say Sonic?
Nope, just runny egg

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007
Is this guy capable of finishing a sentence? He continually cuts himself off with another thought.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.

lokipunk posted:

Is this guy capable of finishing a sentence? He continually cuts himself off with another thought.

he's committed to running this game so totally that even his tongue and brain gotta go fast

e: great now the donation puns are recycling

Majuju fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Jul 6, 2016

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I looked at the schedule and someone is running Sonic 2006??? Won't half the run be loving loading screens?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

hey brossentia what do you call a group of :fuckoff:

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

CrashCat posted:

hey brossentia what do you call a group of :fuckoff:

lol puns are good, but that was a bit much.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

this should be Sanicball

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
This guy likes his racing games.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Internet Kraken posted:

I looked at the schedule and someone is running Sonic 2006??? Won't half the run be loving loading screens?

Yes. Fortunately, you can also break the game in half like a twig, so it's worth a watch.

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx
i wouldn't mind these pun donations if they actually contained puns, :cmon:

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Why does Sonic need to ride a hoverboard, isn't he the fastest thing alive

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

racing games. fun.

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy

Quest For Glory II posted:

this should be Sanicball

They should really bring it back Mystery Game style.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Pakled posted:

Why does Sonic need to ride a hoverboard, isn't he the fastest thing alive

He's allowed to have hobbies.

If anyone else has any more criticisms of the baddest dude around post em and I'll take you to town just like I did this cretin.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

KKKLIP ART posted:

SW: Jedi Academy runner seems so dang nice :3:

Forget this Sonic Riders game that going on right now, I want to see more Tantum Drifting!

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I've never played this sonic riders video game but I would like to say that Sonic All-Star Racing TRANSFORMED is much, much, much, much, much better than it has any right to be. And I only bought it because I saw NiGHTS was in it

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

sonic riders looks like the prototype for sonic colors

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

beep by grandpa posted:

I've never played this sonic riders video game but I would like to say that Sonic All-Star Racing TRANSFORMED is much, much, much, much, much better than it has any right to be. And I only bought it because I saw NiGHTS was in it

it was the best mario kart until the newest mario kart

Music's also dope.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

I feel like if you can't reliably do a skip 50% of the time or so you should just not try to do it, especially since hardly anyone will know if you didn't do it on a game like this.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

beep by grandpa posted:

This is a true and good post. The best Mario Kart knockoff is still Diddy Kong Racing though.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
Thankfully this is a very short run.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

RyokoTK posted:

This is a true and good post. The best Mario Kart knockoff is still Diddy Kong Racing though.

Truth

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Man, you can see the Transformed ideas in this game. It also doesn't look bad and it's a mid 00's Sonic game??

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007
I'm not Amish by choice. 8(
It looks reasonably fun to play, but a lot of these stages are a hot mess of white noise to watch.

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx

RyokoTK posted:

This is a true and good post. The best Mario Kart knockoff is still Crash Team Racing though.

:yeah:

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

its weird that this game came out in the same year as sonic 06

and then after that they decided "oh sonic riders plays way better, let's just make sonic a race car" and then sonic colors/generation took that model

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

I can only imagine the look on the directors face when the runner asks if he can go back and show off a sonic riders glitch he missed.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Mortimer posted:

I can only imagine the look on the directors face when the runner asks if he can go back and show off a sonic riders glitch he missed.

:geno: it's fine you are two minutes under estimate?

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

RyokoTK posted:

Snowboard Kids 2

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008

beep by grandpa posted:

It's the best Mario Kart-like game on PC!

Now here come all the sonic nerds to tell me how I'm wrong and its actually 99% F-Zero and there was supposed to be blood in the game and that means it's actually for ADULTS only

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
For a second there I thought this Sonic boss music was that Homestuck song. Same five notes, hehe.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

UraniumAnchor posted:

The switch does EDID spoofing and we have $500 micomsoft cards, so it's not from using cheap hardware. :shrug:

The last time we just had super cheap switches (same cards) and it was way more stable than this, so I dunno.

Edit: These things: https://solarisjapan.com/products/sc-512n1-l-dvi-component-hd-and-dvi-capture-board

:psyduck: marathon luck is supposed to hit runners, not hardware. gently caress HDMI.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Lastdancer posted:

Now here come all the sonic nerds to tell me how I'm wrong and its actually 99% F-Zero and there was supposed to be blood in the game and that means it's actually for ADULTS only

is this a legit line people take because I don't think you can deny it being a Mario Kart clone and it literally has football manager and danica patrick as characters

• Locked thread