Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Icetongue
Jun 22, 2015

Golden Goat posted:

They didn't use a seed saying that it invalidates the run because the other could catch up or cheat by screen watching or just beelining for the item/exit.

They could've simply practiced the same seed and handled the race like any other. Why make it so much harder on the runners and viewers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Icetongue posted:

They could've simply practiced the same seed and handled the race like any other. Why make it so much harder on the runners and viewers?

They're idiots.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S86XCXalbSE&t=33s

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Mortimer posted:

nah gently caress you, if the runners say "we need silence" don't loving talk :spergin:

you're bad at jokes

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

HEY so instead of talking about stupid things, how about that DKC3 race? It was good and close :)

Icetongue
Jun 22, 2015

Your Computer posted:

They're idiots.

Still better than that one guy who ran BOI and started smack-talking the game halfway through. That run was kinda cringey.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

well that still ended up being a close race, good job guys :)

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

DizzyBum posted:

HEY so instead of talking about stupid things, how about that DKC3 race? It was good and close :)

trash talky races own

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
Hey whatever happened to Caleb Hart?

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Icetongue posted:

Unsurprisingly one dude's run went perfect while the other one died midway resulting in a really bad race.

I think Roguelites should be under heavy review depending on the game cause they can go way over estimate if the RNG fucks with them.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Modded BoI makes for fun races, but it's still RNG as gently caress.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

timp posted:

hopefully he never runs at a gdq again

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Caleb Hart is a good man.

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

i still can't believe notch isn't donating this year because he's pissy about twitch

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

No one's left... Everything's gone...! Zebes is burning!

Beekeeping and You posted:

i still can't believe notch isn't donating this year because he's pissy about twitch

Notch has turned into a very angry old man

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

timp posted:

According to his twitter he's doing Mega Man X3 100% on Friday, but it's not listed on the schedule so :shrug:

Beekeeping and You posted:

Wait, what?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Rirse posted:

The Isaac race was bad, but that race on the unreleased indie game was even worst.

What was the unreleased indie game and what was bad about it?

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

this game came out in '93? why didn't it just get made for the SNES then?

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

DizzyBum posted:

According to his twitter he's doing Mega Man X3 100% on Friday, but it's not listed on the schedule so :shrug:

Wait, what?

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Aces High posted:

The NES was huge, it's kinda like why the PS2 was still getting new games even when the PS3 had been out for a while.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Xenothral posted:

Notch has turned into a very angry old man
Yeah, Notch says all sorts of stupid poo poo now. I think he's going stir-crazy with his billion dollars and nothing to do.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Aces High posted:

It was one of the last games made for the NES, but the NES was the bestselling console of all time until the PS2 came along, I think, so there was an incentive to keep releasing games for it.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Electric Phantasm posted:

What was the unreleased indie game and what was bad about it?

I think it was a game jam Zelda like, a race between a tas and a speed runner. Cool concept, bad execution

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

No one's left... Everything's gone...! Zebes is burning!

Incoherence posted:

Yeah, Notch says all sorts of stupid poo poo now. I think he's going stir-crazy with his billion dollars and nothing to do.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if that's the reason why, honestly.

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

Incoherence posted:

it still makes me angry that the sole reason he's not donating tens of thousands of dollars to charity is because he's pissed about a streaming website

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Notch has mansion fever.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Notch is a good man.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Dias posted:

Notch has mansion fever.

this is called type 2 diabetes

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

Zombies' Downfall posted:

The mansion did come with a candy wall.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.

Zombies' Downfall posted:

pretend I dug up a picture of his candy wall or whatever here

e:f,b because I couldn't remember if it was candy or breakfast cereal

Fogie
Mar 1, 2003

"Haribo"

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Is Twitch even affiliated with GDQ in any way other than being their chosen streaming method?

Icetongue
Jun 22, 2015

That is some top notch petiness and backwards logic right here.

Also, singing-incentive is met!

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

What a terrible human

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Pakled posted:

Is Twitch even affiliated with GDQ in any way other than being their chosen streaming method?
I'm pretty sure they sponsor it and all the normal stuff they would get a cut of goes directly to charity. It's good advertising and they probably get a lot of subscriptions for it.

I honestly cannot parse Notch's grievance besides this stupid tribal thing where gamers pretend to be akin to a racial minority.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter

Aces High posted:

It's easier to poo poo out a new licensed game in the engine you already have done than to make a completely new game

See also: Mega Man 6

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Incoherence posted:

Makes sense. :(

Also, wow, I guess RR2 is pretty rare. It goes for over $200 loose according to VG Price Charts.

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.

DizzyBum posted:

Iceless is Caleb. I'm not sure why he's listed that way. Name change maybe?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
caleb is the one of the dumbest speedrun celebs aside from maybe like wester

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

Metroid sighting huh? Well, I did just pour this coffee...it will still be there tomorrow.
Man, every boss in this game is exactly the same.

Fire projectile which lands on ground, pick up projectile, throw at boss.

Rinse, repeat.

• Locked thread