Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Plural Abysss
Feb 25, 2016
I oft have disposable income

Plural Abysss fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Jul 7, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Plural Abysss posted:

I oft have disposable income

Liar.

That's clearly the catte's income and if you scratch it behind the ears, it may be convinced to share some of it as opposed to murdering you in your sleep.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Stop doxxing Major "Temper" Tom and his youtube earnings!

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
this is ground control to major tom
you're mad as hell; there's something wrong

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

ManofManyAliases posted:

I'm pledging for the Corvette when it's released.

this is not making you good boyfriend material moma!

I expect my own fleet and perfectly grilled steak once a week

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
this is ground control to major tom
you've really made the grade
and the papers want to know if you cough up hair
now it's time to leave the apartment if you dare

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
tell my owner i don't give a gently caress
HE KNOOOOWWWWS

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,
Hi guys. I've missed you all.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
I love that money catte's expression is "I can't eat this. Feed me food."

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

ManofManyAliases posted:

I'm pledging for the Corvette when it's released.

I guess a real corvette would be nice but sure, why not go toward $5000-$6000 thrown away on Star Citizen.

YOU WOULD BE CRAZY NOT TO BUY

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Toops posted:

Welcome back, how goes SP?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Fat Shat Sings posted:

I guess a real corvette would be nice but sure, why not go toward $5000-$6000 thrown away on Star Citizen.

YOU WOULD BE CRAZY NOT TO BUY

You could buy an actual Corvette for less than his total investment.

And the engine would be working.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

ManofManyAliases posted:

this post is incredibly boring.

NotMomaFromSA is talking to himself

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Jobbo_Fett posted:

You could buy an actual Corvette for less than his total investment.

And the engine would be working.

You idiot.

They made an outright illegal TOS, started fighting refunds, started rescinding promises and guarantees, are stopping their "open development" by cancelling promised features of development that no objective person would have said gave any real information in the first place.

This and the complete lack of progress on an unplayable Crysis Mod has made me somehow want to increase my investment from $4000 for yet another concept that joins a huge pile of already sold concepts with no proof of existing, no design document and no timeline for completion other than "Probably 2018 or later"

This makes you the idiot and not me you see. Because my stupid rear end has $4000 to spend on nothing and the captain of industry instincts to spend even more.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Jobbo_Fett posted:

I do secretly wish that CiG would hire me.

Also, lol at them not being able to organize a loving youtube video playlist. 10FTC jumps from 1 to 65 to 83 to 8 and everything in between with barely any organization.

Good job, community management team!

poo poo, I am not even NEAR a real YouTuber, and I would learn that poo poo right away if I had a job that involved it. Oh, wait, I forgot, I actually try to be good at and do my job correctly. CIG would NEVER hire me!

Although, if they did, I would refactor the information leakage pipeline right away...

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Tippis posted:

Liar.

That's clearly the catte's income and if you scratch it behind the ears, it may be convinced to share some of it as opposed to murdering you in your sleep.

Wrong (like Derek ALWAYS is). Cattes will ALWAYS murder you in your sleep sooner or later. Comes with the species. (Although often they try to murder you when you are awake too. Adorable little fuzzy neotenic murder machines they are. Plus, they only share when they can use it to seduce you into trusting them.)

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Toops posted:

We missed you too, terrified coder buddy!

Samizdata
May 14, 2007
Also, really disappointed no one commented on my "blood" post about :pgabz: not getting even one "$DEITY, that's creepy!". I was trying to channel my inner Ben-like self.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Fat Shat Sings posted:

You idiot.

They made an outright illegal TOS, started fighting refunds, started rescinding promises and guarantees, are stopping their "open development" by cancelling promised features of development that no objective person would have said gave any real information in the first place.

This and the complete lack of progress on an unplayable Crysis Mod has made me somehow want to increase my investment from $4000 for yet another concept that joins a huge pile of already sold concepts with no proof of existing, no design document and no timeline for completion other than "Probably 2018 or later"

This makes you the idiot and not me you see. Because my stupid rear end has $4000 to spend on nothing and the captain of industry instincts to spend even more.

I feel grief :(

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Toops posted:

welcome back kotter

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Can't wait to see the 10FTC playlist being fixed by the weekend.

Hi Sandi!

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

T.G. Xarbala posted:

Welcome back, how goes SP?

Good! Starting to get real cozy with UE4.

Should be ready in weeks.

Not months!

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Toops posted:

Not months!

Fool me once, shame on me

Fool me twice, take my money

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

SomethingJones posted:

I'm waiting for one single piece of innovation. Where is it? Even if it's in one of their """""""concept"""""""" videos?
Where is it?

Disco Lando said to the whole Star Citizen community just yesterday, "Show don't TELL" - so show me? Where is it?
Where is it?

If someone tells me "the CONCEPT is innovative" they will literally be laughed off the internet.

"Pretend everything and anything in your game is innovation AND the dog´s bollocks AND make people pay for it (including MoMA/Toast´s 4000 dollars), while in reality it is all a a piece of poo poo": Invented by CIG.

MedicineHut fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Jul 7, 2016

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Samizdata posted:

We missed you too, terrified coder buddy!

alf_pogs posted:

welcome back kotter

I went on a journey, friends. I needed time and space to scour the 'verse for the fabled Star Citizen, Saskewatch of Games. I truly needed to know. I left no wig un-turned. No cultist meltdown un-studied. I enhanced every jpeg and documented every watermark.

What I discovered shocked me.

Star Citizen is poo poo.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Toops posted:

Not months!

Awesome, where do I send my $4000?

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
FILE UNDER: Chris Roberts isn't out of money, he's out of time...

masterhorus posted:

The one thing that I'd like to add to you're second to last point, I'm pretty confident that when SQ42 and SC (beta/full) are released, there will be a good increase in sales, just due to people waiting for it to be finished. Other than that, this is spot on.

ToBeThrownAway posted:

Except CIG already owes a large number of the target demographic both games so the launch does not capture additional revenue from there. Some new users will of course be brought in but the longer things delay the more crowded the market gets. Games like No Man's Sky, Infinite Warfare, and Mass Effect Andromeda will all be out and in full swing well before anything CIG releases while E:D continues to add content and other surprise titles may also hit gold first.

All those other games will be eating part of the pie CIG wants and if their offerings are less than amazing that can result in very little new income from Squadron 42 or Star Citizen seeing full release. Bad initial reviews of SQ42 may actually see it dead on arrival.

Meanwhile Star Citizen as it stands in the PTU is hot garbage. Sorry but it's true. I got in on the Kickstarter and spent some after as well then have tried to be as patient as possible but the glacial progress, things like persistence being touted as huge milestones while other developers treat that as early build basic functionality, patches seeming to actually make the game worse, and then the new toxic TOS that screams lack of confidence (my personal opinion) resulted in me finally trying to get a refund.

I want the game to succeed, I really do. Star Citizen is my dream game if pulled off well. However I see too many serious issues, especially at the top of the company, for me to belive in it or recommend it to anyone any longer which is a shame. I hope I am proven wrong but I'm afraid that CIG has spent too long thinking they have unlimited time, infinite money, and are operating in a vacuum but now other big players are showing up to eat their lunch.

G0RF fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Jul 7, 2016

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Toops posted:

You have been missed, Toops- welcome back!

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Lazrin posted:

its hilarious his life is all-consumed by this and it costing him personally and professionally

here's his pussy paragraph, which he (and i'm sure 'legal') thinks protect him somehow, where he admits his poo poo is pulled out of his rear end:

"It should be re-emphasized that this analysis suffers from a great degree of uncertainty in many aspects, due to the imperfections of the publicly available data. While I believe that the general conclusions and trends I have presented are broadly correct, caution should be used when interpreting any specific numerical values occurring in the charts. For the sake of completeness, here are some of the more important possible sources of error"

I think you can't stop thinking about Derek Smart and posting about Derek Smart, we also let you tell us how irrelevant Derek Smart is by you posting all about Derek Smart.

I am glad of it.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
Did anyone say "welcome back tooper" yet

alf_pogs posted:

welcome back kotter

Well poo poo

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

toops show us the secret hidden stuff you have been working on behind the scenes that will make solar plebeian the first game to transcend games as a medium, just like CIG

tastychicken
Jul 17, 2007
Title text goes here

:pusheen:

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

Toops posted:

I went on a journey, friends. I needed time and space to scour the 'verse for the fabled Star Citizen, Saskewatch of Games. I truly needed to know. I left no wig un-turned. No cultist meltdown un-studied. I enhanced every jpeg and documented every watermark.

What I discovered shocked me.

Star Citizen is poo poo.

Welcome back

I'm shocked that you're shocked about the shocking poo poo that is Star Citizen and how shockingly poo poo it really is.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Sum Mors posted:

Yup, I've been on hard times before and we would add breadcrumbs and egg to hamburger meat to not have to use as much meat/get more out of it. They came out tasting more like meatballs than hamburgers. They were tasty, but I can see why a food snob would hate on it.

Adding eggs to burger meat is the best way to make burgers imo. It helps keep the meat from falling apart on the grill.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

his nibs posted:

Welcome back

I'm shocked that you're shocked about the shocking poo poo that is Star Citizen and how shockingly poo poo it really is.

I am also shocked, shocked!

We're all shocked, here.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Regrettable posted:

Adding eggs to burger meat is the best way to make burgers imo. It helps keep the meat from falling apart on the grill.

And you're not making the meat boring like you do with bread.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016
I almost bought $4000 in Hamburger fixings but I want to be as smart as MoMA and get literally nothing for my money

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Toops posted:

Look out Toops, PGabz is tuning the anger up to 11, He's made more people disappear off the Youtubes.

I feared he had disappeared you as well, glad he didn't.

Oh, and CIG have release SQ42 and its great!

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
25 bug reports in last 24 hours, interest is fading fast again, they need a new patch.

EXPECTED RESULT
Exit the ship without loss of Physics
selecting any of the main menu options
Ship should be in hangar!
When exiting the ship you should not spin but remain in the same orientation as you had when exiting the ship i.e. your feet should be closest to the ship until you change your orientation via movement.
Doors open from inside by sensor, or maybe by console
Missile should damage shields or ship instead of killing pilot immediately
No explosion
not walk thru the railing
Should persist.
for them to show online
Ship should have been flyable properly ,but was desynced from server.
No damage or better texturing, possibly to not see the floor of the cargo bay below damage.
Normal entry to cargo bay from EVA
Please fix it somehow!
Ship supposed to stay on landing pad so pilot can get inside.
Once your guns are empty , restock by buying ammunition at cryastro services
Ammunition should be supplied at cryastro station.
I expect this person to be told this type of behavior is unacceptable.
I expect to successfully exit my ship. =)
If I lose a wing I should not have access to the landing gear on that wing
Use size 2 weapons w/gimbles on the cutlass black.
I expected my ballistic weapons to be fully loaded. I also expected to be able to make additional purchases for different goods.
Should have loaded the game.
When exiting the seat in-flight, there should be an option to re-enter the seat, any seat, or move to the back of the ship if wanted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmMQRPaaL50

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/HamillHimself/status/750954770588921856

If episode VIII is crap we can blame Chris Roberts.

• Locked thread